Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Serpent 710

Search this Thread

Old 06-29-2004, 07:16 PM
Tech Master

Originally posted by InitialD
One of the reasons why you would want to use the extender is to avoid wearing the pins out on the receiver. If those pin connectors spoil on the receiver, it'll be difficult and expensive to repair.

Also, the extender makes it easier for you to make the connection from the receiver pack to the receiver. If you were to make direct connections, you would probably need to take off the receiver cover every now and then to connect / disconnect.
thank you D thx for the reply I guess I will use the servo extender
Old 06-29-2004, 07:25 PM
Tech Fanatic

Usually 40 all around. For heats, maybe 37 or even 35. On rougher surfaces, 42 shore.
Do you usually run the same shore all around?
Right now I run 40 all around, but I wanted to try out 37 fronts and 40 rears.
Old 06-29-2004, 07:48 PM
Tech Master

Does anybody think that this resembles the new Serpent / Ellegi tires that is pictured on the 710 kit box? The picture below are the new Twister tire rims.

D what website seels these tires?
Old 06-29-2004, 08:05 PM
Tech Adept

Originally posted by FW05R
D what website seels these tires?

Uuummm....... www.twistertires.com?
Old 06-29-2004, 08:17 PM
Tech Prophet

Originally posted by PSI Racing
Do you usually run the same shore all around?
Right now I run 40 all around, but I wanted to try out 37 fronts and 40 rears.
I usually run similar shores. As of late, I tried softer fronts and slightly harder rears with the solid front axle. 37 fronts and 40 rears. I use softer front to get the off power steering missing on the solid front axle but at the same time, I found that you wear the front and rear the same rate which is a big bonus.

With a oneway, I found that with 37 shore front and 40 shore rear hooks the car too much on my local track. 40 shore front and 42 shore rear was better. For most of the time, I could run same front and rear shores.

With a front diff, the shores used were mostly dependant on the diff settings. But I try to set using softer front than rear if not equal front and rear shores.
Old 06-29-2004, 09:38 PM
Tech Elite

D, what's your take on the diff V one-way. You and I being mere mortals and not demi-gods like Julius maybe for us the diif is a better way to go? What was your experience in terms of driveability and consistancy?
Old 06-29-2004, 09:43 PM
Tech Prophet

Originally posted by markp27
D, what's your take on the diff V one-way. You and I being mere mortals and not demi-gods like Julius maybe for us the diif is a better way to go? What was your experience in terms of driveability and consistancy?
I agree with Julius that diffs would make driving more consistant. It is true like what Julius has mentioned. You need a lot of traction to make oneway work nice. Front diffs are nice when there's not much traction.

The reason why sometimes I opt for solid front or front diff in races is that most racers here use front diffs and their racing lines are very different from using a oneway front.

Anyway, I miss my RING. It's nice to be demi-god once in a while.
Old 06-29-2004, 09:54 PM
Tech Elite

I agree with Julius that diffs would make driving more consistant. It is true like what Julius has mentioned. You need a lot of traction to make oneway work nice. Front diffs are nice when there's not much traction.

The reason why sometimes I opt for solid front or front diff in races is that most racers here use front diffs and their racing lines are very different from using a oneway front.

Anyway, I miss my RING. It's nice to be demi-god once in a while.
Certainly for me, running on a track full of lawnmowers or better said, a track with lawnmower oil all over it - the one-way can be tricky to handle. I need to get the tyres upto temperature before I attempt to brake effectively into the hairpin at my track.

I was interested by Julius' comment about the braking with the diff - that he still brakes early, but then lets off sooner to avoid turn-in understeer (when I understood it correctly). Do you find that this aspect negates the advantage of a diff V one-way?

Hmm, I should really try the solid front end - I don't have a diff as yet.

When does your Ring get back?
Old 06-29-2004, 10:33 PM
Tech Prophet

I was interested by Julius' comment about the braking with the diff - that he still brakes early, but then lets off sooner to avoid turn-in understeer (when I understood it correctly). Do you find that this aspect negates the advantage of a diff V one-way?
From what I understood from his post, I think he meant that he could not steer the car and brake at the same time like he could with the oneway front. Trying to brake and turn the car with a front diff at the same time will surely give understeer.

In in all, front diff gives better braking to slowing down the car. With a oneway, if you did not have good traction, you would need to let off the throttle much earlier to slow down. Of course, you would want to have the car carry much speed in the middle of corners be it with a oneway front or with a front ball diff.

When does your Ring get back?
Don't know.
Old 06-29-2004, 10:42 PM
Tech Elite

In in all, front diff gives better braking to slowing down the car. With a oneway, if you did not have good traction, you would need to let off the throttle much earlier to slow down. Of course, you would want to have the car carry much speed in the middle of corners be it with a oneway front or with a front ball diff.
When the conditions are good I can brake upto the point of turn in and brake quite late with the one-way, but the track seemed a little slippy on Saturday. Probably I should be trying 37 shore, but I'm so mean that I only ever buy 40 shore, so that the tyres don't wear so quick

I have also noticed how effective turn-in braking would be with the one way, as when I've braked a little too late and started to turn in whilst braking, the rear end swings nicely round - not yet completed the manouver successfully, though
Old 06-29-2004, 11:01 PM
Tech Fanatic

I have also noticed how effective turn-in braking would be with the one way, as when I've braked a little too late and started to turn in whilst braking, the rear end swings nicely round - not yet completed the manouver successfully, though
Dont do this oftenly Mark, this is what Sir Salven say : Car turns like a pendulum"

Commenting on sir Julius Setup on Saturday is confusing.
He definetely dying for steering in mid-corner but why using harder front spring. More consistent?
On Sunday is more conservative, could be because the traction is way better than Saturday.
Old 06-29-2004, 11:04 PM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by GoldFinger
Dont do this oftenly Mark, this is what Sir Salven say : Car turns like a pendulum"

Commenting on sir Julius Setup on Saturday is confusing.
He definetely dying for steering in mid-corner but why using harder front spring. More consistent?
On Sunday is more conservative, could be because the traction is way better than Saturday.
Perhaps to help under braking? Harder front springs should lead to more rear grip under braking as less weight is transfered to the font.
Old 06-29-2004, 11:05 PM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by GoldFinger
Yep, just for the experts and not loosers like me
Old 06-29-2004, 11:11 PM
Tech Fanatic

Perhaps to help under braking? Harder front springs should lead to more rear grip under braking as less weight is transfered to the font.
Oh yes, could be, but there is another powerfull point to slow the transfer down, Rear Droop. And sir Julius is maximum enough on that, I guess.
In LT arm with 8mm downstop, is almost no rear droop.
Old 06-29-2004, 11:18 PM
Tech Fanatic

Yep, just for the experts and not loosers like me
No no, dont get it wrong.
Im 100% sure, no pro-drivers can do that in 45 min. consistently.
That is why they avoid that condition too.

You drive EVO III do you ?
Use Sir Karn setup and test it. You will see the car so stiff and roll very much. Pyramid ever ask him about that and his answer is with stiff car makes the cornering more "fluid" so making it consistent is easy.

Note: Easy for Him!
I guess Easy and FAST is more correct word.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.