Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Serpent 710

Search this Thread

Old 06-25-2004, 10:04 AM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by InitialD
I believe you could go with a smaller front trackwidth without binding the front suspension.

I may be wrong but I did read somewhere (magazine perhaps) that the Team guys were using prototype CVDs at the Winternats... Perhaps what was on the DVD were indeed CVDs. I'll check it out tonight.
When the camera shows the front view - you can see hudy steel metal.
I must say the video is really excellent - has he done one for those lovely lawnmowers yet?
Old 06-25-2004, 10:07 AM
Tech Elite

I believe you could go with a smaller front trackwidth without binding the front suspension.
Thought that was what it was. As I have the drive shafts from my 705 - wide track edition - I've added them to the 710, to see what they bring Hopefully I can get to the track tomorrow - weather and foot being ok - just rebuilding and re-greasing at the mo'
Old 06-25-2004, 10:09 AM
Tech Prophet

Originally posted by markp27
When the camera shows the front view - you can see hudy steel metal.
CVDs could also be made of Hudy spring steel as in the XRay. Anyway, Will check it out.

I must say the video is really excellent - has he done one for those lovely lawnmowers yet?

Yes, I believe it's called 2002 Large Scale Australian Championships.

Just let him know you're old and you'll probably get a good discount. You could also buy Uncle Sow a copy while you're at it.
Old 06-25-2004, 10:54 AM
Tech Elite

Some guys think they're still young... What to do?
I eat those 1:8 guys for breakfast daaaa!
Old 06-25-2004, 10:55 AM
Tech Elite

further evidence of your powers slipping away D, why haven't you noticed the new FAQ on mytsn Maybe it was the ring all along!
I thought the one you emailed me said "draft" on it or something. Is this the final version now?
Old 06-25-2004, 10:58 AM
Tech Elite

Just let him know you're old and you'll probably get a good discount. You could also buy Uncle Sow a copy while you're at it.
Hey, I'm already "experienced" with lawnmowers. You on the other hand is "Initially LawnMower" so you'll need the video to see how its done. You'll need all the help you can get!
Old 06-25-2004, 12:00 PM
Tech Regular

Congratulations guys!

The Serpent 710 thread has made a pass on the MTX-3 thread and is now the fas.. errr biggest thread!

Good to see Serpent has those new parts out. I have the yellow clutch shoe, ceramic diff balls, alu middle shaft mount and alu radioplate support on my wishlist. Set-up wheels? I actually like the 3Racing ones better and I already have those.
Attached Thumbnails Serpent 710-setupwheel.jpg  
Old 06-25-2004, 12:11 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally posted by KevinS
Congratulations guys!

The Serpent 710 thread has made a pass on the MTX-3 thread and is now the fas.. errr biggest thread!

Good to see Serpent has those new parts out. I have the yellow clutch shoe, ceramic diff balls, alu middle shaft mount and alu radioplate support on my wishlist. Set-up wheels? I actually like the 3Racing ones better and I already have those.
Those are nice.
How much did they cost?
Old 06-25-2004, 12:32 PM
Tech Regular

Originally posted by PSI Racing
Those are nice.
How much did they cost?
24 Euro, which is probably less than what you will pay for Serpent set-up wheels. Also available in blue.

http://shop.the-border.nl/customer/p...15&cat=&page=3
Old 06-25-2004, 12:43 PM
Tech Elite

Congratulations guys!

Like me, slow and steady but overtakes eventually
Old 06-25-2004, 12:57 PM
Tech Elite

24 Euro, which is probably less than what you will pay for Serpent set-up wheels. Also available in blue.

http://shop.the-border.nl/customer/p...15&cat=&page=3
I feel another order coming on, but I'm going to wait to see what Team Wear the border guys bring out - check out the sunglasses on Ray Woods video
Old 06-25-2004, 07:17 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally posted by Sow&Steady
it bends easily and can drag as your ride hide gets lower and lower. You don't want this happenning during a main ...
..sound very familiar for me.

Originally posted by Sow&Steady

I like what Pyramid/Goldfinger did ... err, can you send me a V1RR Lola bumper?
Uncle Sow, the bumper set cost around USD 5.00 and the shipping charge is almost 7 times of it.
A lot cheaper if you go home first..
Hey.. all the "big" team is going home already, why dont you ?
Old 06-25-2004, 07:22 PM
Tech Fanatic

Default Team Hardcore

This is my reply to KO and some answer about it :

Dear Mr. Morris,

Thank you for your prompt reply.
Far as I know, there is no racer that using a switch in their “gas” car. I could be wrong.
Anyway, is all of the KO servo acts like that ?

This is the answer:

Arifin,
Typically, no. If you turn on the receiver first, the car will go crazy without a signal from the Tx. This is true for our systems and I don't anything about other manufacture's systems.
Almost every racer has an on/off switch in their gas car, just so they do not have to open the receiver box and plug in the battery to turn on their car. It is easier to have a switch of some type. All of our pro-drivers use switches.

Sincerely,
Robert Morris
KO PROPO USA, Inc.
www.kopropo.com

Maybe I should invite him to this forum.
Old 06-25-2004, 07:26 PM
Tech Master

Congratulations guys!

damn those are nice where did you buy them

CONGRATULATIONS ON THE 710 THREAD
Old 06-25-2004, 08:14 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Markp27, is there a new 710 FAQ rev. 2.01? I can't click yer link at the bottom? i can't find it under the mytsn/product too? please help me. thanks friend.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.