Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Serpent 710

Search this Thread

Old 06-22-2004, 07:13 PM
Tech Fanatic

Default MAX pipe

who has tried the new max pipe with the short mainfold ?
Old 06-22-2004, 07:36 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)
Default Pipe? how it helps

How does pipe influence the performance?
I really want to know
Old 06-22-2004, 09:38 PM
Tech Prophet

Default Re: Pipe? how it helps

Originally posted by Car Breaker
How does pipe influence the performance?
I really want to know
Longer pipes are for low end RPM high torque. Makes the engine really shine on short tracks. Shorter pipes really make the high end RPM shine. Good for long tracks.
Old 06-22-2004, 09:41 PM
Tech Prophet

Default Re: MAX pipe

Originally posted by speedy100
who has tried the new max pipe with the short mainfold ?
How short is the manifold? I thought they were the same as the Novarossi 52606 / 52607 or the NovaMega TP06 pipes...
Old 06-22-2004, 09:44 PM
Tech Prophet

Originally posted by speedy100
i agree that the shark pipe is very good in bottom but did you encounter the pipe was very high fuel consumption ? I used shark but end up it could only last 5 minutes, that is my concern. i am not only the one who have had this issue.
What plug are you using? Hotter plugs consume a lot of fuel. That's what I found. I remember on my Max, I added 0.1 mm shim to the head (total 0.4 mm). I used to get about 6 to 7 minutes per tank with the carb insert taken out on 25% nitro and with no. 6 plug.
Old 06-22-2004, 09:58 PM
Tech Elite

Default Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Winternats 2004

Originally posted by Sow&Steady
No problem ... I supply fuel and starting equipment ... deal?
Actually, I'd be willing to pay for the fuel But the dates will be tricky - July and August are out as I've got bike events every weekend and my folks come to visit at the begining of Sept. When do your races run until? End of Sept should be fine?
Old 06-22-2004, 10:07 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally posted by InitialD
What plug are you using? Hotter plugs consume a lot of fuel. That's what I found. I remember on my Max, I added 0.1 mm shim to the head (total 0.4 mm). I used to get about 6 to 7 minutes per tank with the carb insert taken out on 25% nitro and with no. 6 plug.
Something new for me bro.. why you taken out the card restrictor while reducing compression?
Bit contrary for me but must try one day.

With Max engine in big track, most of us is very difficult to make 5min+1lap with outlaw pipe, especially the"P" series.
The S series is a "bit" better.

I believe yours is "team" batch
Old 06-22-2004, 10:19 PM
Tech Prophet

Originally posted by GoldFinger
Something new for me bro.. why you taken out the card restrictor while reducing compression?
Bit contrary for me but must try one day.
That's with the Shark inline pipe. I know that taking out the restrictor uses more fuel... Oh yes, I forgot to mention that I went back to stock 0.3 mm head shim on the Max and used the 52607 pipe. The top end power came back and the engine was alive than I can remember when using this pipe. Fuel consumption was about 6 to 6.5 minutes. Next, I'll try 0.2 mm shims.

With Max engine in big track, most of us is very difficult to make 5min+1lap with outlaw pipe, especially the"P" series.
The S series is a "bit" better.
I think that's because you like to play with the middle brass needle with your throttling style... The leaner MSN setting, the fuel consumption goes higher.

I believe yours is "team" batch
I wish !

I actually had a bad run last weekend. Engine kept flaming out on the same spot out of a hairpin. I thought it was the clutch rubbing the shoes. Reshimed and changed the clutchbell. Same problem occured. Went back and found out the fuel tubing near the carb got severed ! I think that was causing the problem.
Old 06-22-2004, 10:43 PM
Tech Addict

Default New to Nitro

Hi Guys,

Just need your opinion. I have an unbuilt Serpent 710 and a Helios arriving next week. I don't have the budget to getting digital servos at the moment, but do have spare Futaba S3004 servos. My question is, will the servo work properly with my Helios. Some say that it will burn it because of the HSR thing. Is it true and can this function be turned off?

Looking forward to your reply.

Regards,

Titan
Old 06-22-2004, 10:59 PM
Tech Fanatic

I think that's because you like to play with the middle brass needle with your throttling style... The leaner MSN setting, the fuel consumption goes higher.
I thinks its the other way around smooth(slow ) throttling will consume more linear. But Im not sure with this.

fuel tubing near the carb got severed ! I think that was causing the problem.

So this is your new trick to get 6-7 minutes?
Old 06-22-2004, 11:27 PM
Tech Elite

Default Re: New to Nitro

Originally posted by Titan
Hi Guys,

Just need your opinion. I have an unbuilt Serpent 710 and a Helios arriving next week. I don't have the budget to getting digital servos at the moment, but do have spare Futaba S3004 servos. My question is, will the servo work properly with my Helios. Some say that it will burn it because of the HSR thing. Is it true and can this function be turned off?

Looking forward to your reply.

Regards,

Titan

Hmmm...I think you can use any servos but you'll have to switch something on the back of the Helios back to NORMAL mode...the other 2 settings are for HSR Mode. Gotta check.

Browse here for more FAQ on Helios.
Old 06-22-2004, 11:49 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally posted by Pyramid
S9451 will fit just find. If S9550, you could mount it from bottom of upperdeck which will give you lower CG...
I checked out the S9550 and its not as long but there must be a downside to it. It seems like it doesnt have as much torque and speed? I think the S9451 suits my 710 better
Old 06-23-2004, 12:13 AM

Default Re: Re: New to Nitro

Originally posted by crashed_1
Hmmm...I think you can use any servos but you'll have to switch something on the back of the Helios back to NORMAL mode...the other 2 settings are for HSR Mode. Gotta check.

Browse here for more FAQ on Helios.
Only 2 selection can be made on the back (behind module), either normal mode or High Response mode. High Responde mode consist of another 2 settings from the LCD menu (not switch on the back) which is Advance or Super HRS by selecting either 2-3 chanel on the system mode menu. I just read the manual yesterday just gotta try it first then. With angled extension wheel.. it feels better balance for me. The style somewhat a bit complicated
Old 06-23-2004, 12:18 AM

Originally posted by cyba888
I checked out the S9550 and its not as long but there must be a downside to it. It seems like it doesnt have as much torque and speed? I think the S9451 suits my 710 better
Don`t worry, 6kg is more than enough for 1/10 gas car. S9451 will also fits just fine. Usually the one on throttle will broke first if you did not adjust it correctly. Even with 13kg torque servo, if you put a lot of resistance on the throttle linkage (I mean the needle already wide open but still being pulled more by the servo), they will still broke. Here, we have one mugen driver do that and broke his Sanwa VRX? (forgot, but 13kg) 3 times within 2 months.
Old 06-23-2004, 12:23 AM

Originally posted by cyba888
It seems like it doesnt have as much torque and speed?
I believe the speed is the same

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.