Serpent 710

Search this Thread

Old 06-22-2004, 04:53 AM
Tech Elite

Default Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Winternats 2004

Originally posted by Sow&Steady
Me jealous

Me still trying to make do with old V12

Hey, don't you ever come home to the UK to visit friends or family? Come over to AMCC ... as NiMo says ... "Overseas visitors welcomed".

If things go according to plan, I'll join the Series 2 race on the 4th of July.

C'mon man ... we'll get PalamarisEurope, kreidel etc over too perhaps.
If I only have to bring over my car and radio equipment
Old 06-22-2004, 05:03 AM
Company Representative

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

got my copy of the ray woods video the other day, was quite nicre to rewatch the race, I would hope we could get him to every winternats.
took my serpent out last week, still broke from the second lap wall it got in the main, put er down on the local track, did a tire swap and put .4 second faster laps on the guys, now I juts need to replace the front bumper plates. (still broke from florida)

nats in toledo, I have been so wraped up in the 1/5th development in the US I have not even thought about them, but the thought is there now. Hmmm can I resist or do I need the big show fix.. can the family and pocket book survive five big shows in one year..... hmmmmm such hard choices
Old 06-22-2004, 06:45 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally posted by redsand
I've always wondered about it. Could the serpent starter box be the culprit ? Take a good look at the chassie when it is being pressed against the starter wheel, the middle part of the chassie slightly bends. This is due to the chassie being pushed down when using serpent type of starter box. Now, take a look at other boxes, like the mugen one, this type of box has a flat part where the chassie actually sits on it and when it is pressed the WHOLE part goes down.
And people wonder why I insist on making an ugly looking box instead of buying one.
Old 06-22-2004, 06:52 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally posted by Sow&Steady
Impressive! Which outdrives did you use? Impact's?
Tested this months ago. Ran a full solid bar through the one-way with the outdrives attached to either end. But didnt hold it with set screws. Basically a solid axle with no front wheel braking.

Works great with Lola shells on a tight twisty track.
Old 06-22-2004, 07:50 AM
Tech Fanatic

Is there a company website for HARD Shark pipe? I hear that the shark pipe comes in 3 different types for .12 engines which is low , mid and top end?
Old 06-22-2004, 08:00 AM
Tech Fanatic

Not sure why but the Shark pipes were not working here on the JP or Novamega engines. Totally killed the power and sent the temps through the roof. Stopped some engines from idling.
Old 06-22-2004, 08:50 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally posted by Palmaris Europe
Not sure why but the Shark pipes were not working here on the JP or Novamega engines. Totally killed the power and sent the temps through the roof. Stopped some engines from idling.
Is it true because I just ordered one, but I guess its not too late to cancel the order
Old 06-22-2004, 08:57 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally posted by cyba888
Is it true because I just ordered one, but I guess its not too late to cancel the order
Possible they just dont like our colder weather. I believe Chris Lee is running one on our engine in HK and he seems to be flying with it.
Old 06-22-2004, 09:21 AM
Tech Fanatic

Possible they just dont like our colder weather. I believe Chris Lee is running one on our engine in HK and he seems to be flying with it.
the shark pipe is not as good as you would have to beleive. indeed, the shark pipe is very high fuel consumption and we switch back to nova or max
Old 06-22-2004, 09:22 AM
Tech Prophet

Originally posted by markp27
It's better to come to work than stay at home the whole day
Hey, so did you cycle to work with that foot? I'm not surprised if you did.
Old 06-22-2004, 09:27 AM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by InitialD
Hey, so did you cycle to work with that foot? I'm not surprised if you did.
The drugs are fortunately not strong enough to affect my brain that much
Hopefully the injury clears up quite soon, as I'm off into the alps in a week and a half!
Old 06-22-2004, 09:49 AM
Tech Prophet

Is there a company website for HARD Shark pipe?
You can try here.

I hear that the shark pipe comes in 3 different types for .12 engines which is low , mid and top end?
I'm not aware of this. If you got the inline one, you could adjust the pipe length via some teflon inserts. If you got the two piece pipe version, there is an outlaw and legal version. You need to purchase a separate manifold for it.
Old 06-22-2004, 09:51 AM
Tech Prophet

The Shark pipe requires very rich HSN settings like 5 to 6 full turns out. Else, you'll just lean the engine. Ths Shark pipe is very long. I think I measured mine and the pipe length was like 118 mm thereabouts WITHOUT the inserts. With the inserts, it'll be longer. Nova pipes are like 98 mm thereabouts.

Perhaps that's the reason why kitracer is having success with the Palmaris. The engine can be leaned out a lot and still hold a tune.
Old 06-22-2004, 09:52 AM
Tech Regular

Thumbs up

Originally posted by Pyramid
Just a bling bling.. does not make it any faster

Yeah I know but sweet looks make you feel better !!!
Old 06-22-2004, 09:54 AM
Tech Prophet

Originally posted by speedy100
the shark pipe is not as good as you would have to beleive. indeed, the shark pipe is very high fuel consumption and we switch back to nova or max
For high speed tracks, the newer Nova based pipes are excellent. For short tracks, the Shark pipe gives very good bottom end torque.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.