Wiki Posts
Search

Serpent 710

Search this Thread

Old 06-21-2004, 10:29 PM
Tech Initiate

Default Re: Re: Piston broken

Originally posted by Palmaris Europe
How many runs did that piston have? And under what conditions?
It run about 10 liters at 16%, 0.3mm shim, the engine is a Novarossi NS12S1, 3 ports, standard glowplug.
Piston broke after 3-4 min after starting. Outside temp 22C.
Old 06-21-2004, 10:30 PM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by InitialD
Use the FORCE / RING !

Why didn't I think of that - chuck the Ring over here, D

Perhaps you could do some more of the breaking-in of the engine. Curious to know the performance. Crashed_1 got his already.
I'm not sure how much I posted here before I went on Holiday, but the FX is wild!!!! I was running at about 85C or 90C and it was faster than the 2106 tuned!!!! This thing is a monster
I've got it running at 100C just before I went on hols and will take it upto 110C when I get back to the track. Not sure what the max temp is on this - with it having ceramic bearings.

Crashed: you done any run-in yet? Have you got the cermic bearing version?

Cheers, Mark.

PS: I will also record the WAV file for you D - do you want a fly past or an idle?
Old 06-21-2004, 10:33 PM
Tech Fanatic

The AE stealth grease is good but only for a short run. The grease wears off fast and you'll have a gritty diff. With the Mugen Super Grease, it is very sticky and sticks to the balls for what seems like eternity. A very thin layer would suffice.
Bro, serpent new alu. middle shaft mount is perfect answer from the snake.
Im using 3rc upper 1way holder and I can loosen 2 notch (eccentric tensioner) comparing with the composite mid shaft mount with same old belt.
The clearance between battery holder is not scarry anymore.
1 more important thing, bearing fit is truly h7 class perfect!!
Old 06-21-2004, 10:35 PM
Tech Prophet

Originally posted by markp27
Crashed: you done any run-in yet? Have you got the cermic bearing version?
Of course it's the ceramic bearing + black coated crankshaft version. Nothing but the best for him.

He just go it though. I don't think he ran it in yet. Wanted to persuade him to let me run it in for him this weekend since he'll be off to meet Charlize Theron in SA for about a week or so.

PS: I will also record the WAV file for you D - do you want a fly past or an idle?
Both please...
Old 06-21-2004, 10:36 PM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by GoldFinger
Im using 3rc upper 1way holder and I can loosen 2 notch (eccentric tensioner) comparing with the composite mid shaft mount with same old belt.
Have I missed something whilst I was away: where can I see the new middle shaft mount?

Cheers, Mark.
Old 06-21-2004, 10:42 PM
Tech Prophet

Cool. Glad to know that and thanks for the info bro. Yesterday, I did the old Impulse / 705 trick. Put some shims (0.5 mm) under the composite mid bearing block to tilt it backwards to tighten the front belt.

I thought I would end up with a loose middle belt since the mid bearing block was tilted but after straightening the chassis a little in the center (took a long time), the middle belt is OK and I don't need to put the tensioner to max downward to get rid of the middle belt slag. The side tensioner is just slightly below the top position.

Do you have the problem of the chassis bending in the middle where the X bar radio tray support is and also around the part where the engine is mounted?
Old 06-21-2004, 10:43 PM
Tech Elite

Of course it's the ceramic bearing + black coated crankshaft version. Nothing but the best for him.
of course what was I thinking of

He just go it though. I don't think he ran it in yet. Wanted to persuade him to let me run it in for him this weekend since he'll be off to meet Charlize Theron in SA for about a week or so.
Ach tell him not to waste his time - she's not as good as she is cracked-up to be

Both please...
Yes sir!
Old 06-21-2004, 10:43 PM
Tech Prophet

Have I missed something whilst I was away: where can I see the new middle shaft mount?
I believe the aluminum mid bearing block just surfaced about a week or two ago in some LHSs. Not out on mytsn yet. Aluminum silver finish.
Old 06-21-2004, 10:51 PM
Tech Fanatic

Cheers, Mark.
sorry Mark, cannot find a publication for it.
It is SER-802155 Bracket middle shaft alu
and D was right, aluminium silver finish.
Old 06-21-2004, 10:53 PM
Tech Prophet

Of course it's right ! Because that information came from you.
Old 06-21-2004, 10:57 PM
Tech Elite

sorry Mark, cannot find a publication for it.
It is SER-802155 Bracket middle shaft alu
Thanks for the info GoldFinger, or Alu-Finger, should it be
Old 06-21-2004, 10:58 PM
Tech Elite

Default Re: Winternats 2004

A sweet surprise when I got home yesterday, Ray Wood's DVD was waiting for me The DVD is worth every penny!!! Great job by Ray once more and the action is thrilling. It's amazing to watch Mike Swauger in the 1:10th - everything seemed to go wrong for him, but he kept his cool and got the job done. The 1:8th was carnage central! Fukuda looked great in the 1:8th, but Mike looked better in the 1:10th.

Go out and get your copy

Cheers, Mark.
I have already watched the DVD. Swauger 1:8th was just fast but not as fast as Raph, Josh or Fukuda. The way he was driving on the stand was quite funny ... But his 1:10th was very fast and expectly long straight ......I just wonder what the engine he used ?
Old 06-21-2004, 11:01 PM
Tech Prophet

Default Re: Re: Winternats 2004

Originally posted by MrChan
I just wonder what the engine he used ?
I think it was the Mugen JP X12 engine. Not the newer JP FX.
Old 06-21-2004, 11:03 PM
Tech Elite

Default Re: Re: Winternats 2004

Originally posted by MrChan
I have already watched the DVD. Swauger 1:8th was just fast but not as fast as Raph, Josh or Fukuda. The way he was driving on the stand was quite funny ... But his 1:10th was very fast and expectly long straight ......I just wonder what the engine he used ?
I liked Ray's comment: "Eyes on - eyes off" Pretty much summed up what we saw Great DVD!
Old 06-21-2004, 11:04 PM
Tech Fanatic

Cool. Glad to know that and thanks for the info bro. Yesterday, I did the old Impulse / 705 trick. Put some shims (0.5 mm) under the composite mid bearing block to tilt it backwards to tighten the front belt.

I thought I would end up with a loose middle belt since the mid bearing block was tilted but after straightening the chassis a little in the center (took a long time), the middle belt is OK and I don't need to put the tensioner to max downward to get rid of the middle belt slag. The side tensioner is just slightly below the top position.
Cool !

Do you have the problem of the chassis bending in the middle where the X bar radio tray support is and also around the part where the engine is mounted?
Even with the new chasis, I still have some 0.5-1mm kick up if front, strengthen front belt is making it worst.
After hard impact, usually the notch on the X bracket will broke.
And this will make chasis bend(upward) more.
In 705, X braket is aluminium so the carbon stiffener is the one that will broke.
Just like shock shaft game, which one you choose, broken shaft or lower ball end pop off. Adding more play on top of shock mounting definetely reduce the risk.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.