Old 06-09-2004, 04:30 PM
Tech Regular

Thumbs up

Originally posted by Pit-racer
Losi Afa is what I like the best.....
Looks good pit-racer !!!!!!!!!
Old 06-09-2004, 04:31 PM
Tech Regular

Lightbulb Re: hi guys i have a question?

Originally posted by BIBOY
i have bee running my 710 lately and its has been fun... but last night when ran out on the track i was surprised that the car was hooking to the left when i enter the chicanes and in sudden turning what could be wrong?

First thing I would check is the inner set screw on the rear differentials.
Old 06-09-2004, 05:38 PM
Tech Elite

Default Re: hi guys i have a question?

i have bee running my 710 lately and its has been fun... but last night when ran out on the track i was surprised that the car was hooking to the left when i enter the chicanes and in sudden turning what could be wrong?
Sounds like your rear diff could be slipping ... assuming of course that the car has nothing else wrong with it (shocks, tweak etc.).
Old 06-09-2004, 06:05 PM
Tech Prophet

Default Re: Re: hi guys i have a question?

Originally posted by Sow&Steady
Sounds like your rear diff could be slipping ... assuming of course that the car has nothing else wrong with it (shocks, tweak etc.).
If it's the rear diff problem, the rear will swing to the right when you gas. Unless you have a front ball diff installed that is loose...
Old 06-09-2004, 06:07 PM
Tech Prophet

You mean the rear suddenly gets loose for no apparent reason? Does it happen also when you turn to the right also?

Check your rear suspension to see if it's somewhat binding. How long have you had the car for? It is possible that your rear ball diff outdrives or the wheel adaptors in the knuckles have "dimples" created in them by the dogbone pins. This makes for irregular lateral movement of the dogbones from side to side when the rear suspension compresses.
Old 06-09-2004, 07:58 PM

Originally posted by redsand
since i'm gonna get laid right after i get out of the office.
I`m happy for you bro
Old 06-09-2004, 08:16 PM

Please provide more info, so we could have better answer for you. Maybe the condition from stand still and then apply full throttle, what will happened?
Old 06-09-2004, 10:09 PM
Tech Master

hey guys when you were assembling your shocks on the bottom of the rod that is threaded did you thread the plastic end all the way to the top because it is really tuff to get it all in there
Old 06-09-2004, 10:15 PM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by FW05R
hey guys when you were assembling your shocks on the bottom of the rod that is threaded did you thread the plastic end all the way to the top because it is really tuff to get it all in there
Hi FW05R, are you pre-threading the plastic ends? I always pre-thread using an M3 screw before putting the plastic ends onto the shocks - it makes it much easier to then fit them onto the shock shafts.
Old 06-09-2004, 10:25 PM

Do as Master Art C suggest, pre thread using M3 tapper so that it would be very easy to get it in all the way. If using screws to pre thread as per manual, I still find difficulties having the plastic end all the way until you could not see the shaft thread.
Old 06-09-2004, 10:26 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default Re: Some testings...

Originally posted by InitialD
I did some minor test over the weekend. With the black Centax shoes, spring collar at 1 mm, stock Centax spring, clutch gap at 0.7 mm, modded / cut flyweights assembled in between the post and with two M3x4 set screws on each flyweight, the acceleration and punch was fantastic. As I still do not have the yellow shoes, I cannot comment on it's performance yet.
How do you determine where to insert the two m3x4 set screws?
Old 06-09-2004, 10:33 PM
Tech Master

Originally posted by markp27
Hi FW05R, are you pre-threading the plastic ends? I always pre-thread using an M3 screw before putting the plastic ends onto the shocks - it makes it much easier to then fit them onto the shock shafts.
which is the m3 screw
Old 06-09-2004, 10:52 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Post what could be wrong?

You mean the rear suddenly gets loose for no apparent reason? Does it happen also when you turn to the right also?
sorry guys i dint elaborate to much ok.. the car i normally check everything every after two practices .... so just finish on a new body the mazda 6 last tuesday and went to the track that night had new tires on and notice on the first turn was a right sweeper the car was really stable... but when i enter the next left turn all of a sudden i loose traction, right in the middle of the apex and rear slides out or hooks, this also happens when you turn the to left suddenly ... and also my right turning radius was smaller so i tried adjusting the servo throw but still it did the same thing... so i just wanna find out what would be the best things to check on this?
Old 06-09-2004, 11:11 PM
Tech Master

I might have to go out and buy a kyosho evolva for my collection
Old 06-09-2004, 11:23 PM

which is the m3 screw

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.