Search

Serpent 710

Search this Thread

Old 05-30-2004, 02:58 AM
Tech Adept

Default Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Clutch

Originally posted by Sow&Steady
You racing too?
Yes, but i know i'm not going to in the top 10 (i hope, but thats all i can do)
I will post Pics if i can make some.
Old 05-30-2004, 03:06 AM
Tech Elite

Default Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Clutch

Originally posted by Schrijver99
Yes, but i know i'm not going to in the top 10 (i hope, but thats all i can do)
I will post Pics if i can make some.
Don't worry about being in the top ten or the bottom ten, the key is you're at least participating and with time you'll improve. As long as you enjoy the race that's rewarding enough right?

Pics would be great! Some for 3Hobby too please
Old 05-30-2004, 10:24 AM
Tech Prophet

Default Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Clutch

Don't worry about being in the top ten or the bottom ten, the key is you're at least participating and with time you'll improve. As long as you enjoy the race that's rewarding enough right?
Old 05-30-2004, 10:24 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (75%+)

Originally posted by FW05R
hi to all serpent fans here recently I have been given the oportunity to own a brand new s710 in an even exchange for a brand new mugen mtx-3 should I do this I am really in love with my mugen but I also want to give serpent a try

If you were in my shoes would you do this trade
Of course we are going to tell you...........DO IT!!
Old 05-30-2004, 11:59 AM
B
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Originally posted by FW05R
hi to all serpent fans here recently I have been given the oportunity to own a brand new s710 in an even exchange for a brand new mugen mtx-3 should I do this I am really in love with my mugen but I also want to give serpent a try

If you were in my shoes would you do this trade
Of course the serpent drivers are going to tell you to switch. Of course the Mugen guys will tell you to keep the Mugen.

Do some research, and find out which one is better than you.
Old 05-30-2004, 12:48 PM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by B
Of course the serpent drivers are going to tell you to switch. Of course the Mugen guys will tell you to keep the Mugen.

Do some research, and find out which one is better than you.
If the Mugen guys tell FW05 to keep MTX3 then I don't think they're being fair and honest.

The MTX3 is soon to be "outdated" by the Pro-Spec if not already. This means he'll either need to buy a bunch of hop-ups just to be "on-par" with the other Pro-Spec Mugens so to speak or sell this one and get a real Pro-Spec (which is unlikely as not many people will pay the quivalent of a brand new 710 for an MTX3 ... well, I wouldn't anyway).

Although this sounds biased because I'm a 710 fan, I think FW05 should grab the opportunity to swap the car for a brand new 710. At least then he'll be "up-to-date" with the latest car which will not need any hop-ups just to stay "in-touch".

FW05 can then safely start his "research" with a good car and not have to put up with people saying "hey man ... go get a Pro-Spec!"
Old 05-30-2004, 01:35 PM
B
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

If the Mugen guys tell FW05 to keep MTX3 then I don't think they're being fair and honest.

The MTX3 is soon to be "outdated" by the Pro-Spec if not already. This means he'll either need to buy a bunch of hop-ups just to be "on-par" with the other Pro-Spec Mugens so to speak or sell this one and get a real Pro-Spec (which is unlikely as not many people will pay the quivalent of a brand new 710 for an MTX3 ... well, I wouldn't anyway).

Although this sounds biased because I'm a 710 fan, I think FW05 should grab the opportunity to swap the car for a brand new 710. At least then he'll be "up-to-date" with the latest car which will not need any hop-ups just to stay "in-touch".

FW05 can then safely start his "research" with a good car and not have to put up with people saying "hey man ... go get a Pro-Spec!"
I agree to an extent. Well, in my opinion, not the latest and newest is the best. One still has to look at every product with a keen eye to see if it is for them or not. In my opinion, the hop ups on the MTX-3 are not necessary.

Well, I guess what I was trying to get to is that no one buys a certain car while they prefer another. So, it is tough to get a objective suggestion.
Old 05-30-2004, 02:02 PM
Tech Adept

Smile

Hi I just finish my first real race with the S710 today and this was the result:

First qualifier (5 minutes) I had problems with my S9550 servo had to change it so I was not able to finish change the servo to a S9451 and it worked.

Second qualifier (5 minutes) finishes first I took the TQ,

The Main my NOVA MEGA 5P front bearing seal went bad so for the main I had to change to the NS12 S5, but I did not change the 61 / 57 I think I should had change to 56 / 60 in the Centax I had 16/21 with a .4 chime in the NOVA MEGA.

At the end I finished third with a 10 minutes main

This is the first time I take TQ, I was competing with five Mugen and three R40 one Impulse Pro, one TC3.

The first and Second had Rudy and Nova Max.

I am really happy with the result and with the car, I think next time with the NOVA MAX I will be able to do better, already two mugen drivers will be changing to S710 for the next rice in three weeks.

I used must of I D Set Up
Old 05-30-2004, 02:36 PM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by B
I agree to an extent. Well, in my opinion, not the latest and newest is the best. One still has to look at every product with a keen eye to see if it is for them or not. In my opinion, the hop ups on the MTX-3 are not necessary.

Well, I guess what I was trying to get to is that no one buys a certain car while they prefer another. So, it is tough to get a objective suggestion.
Yes true ... especially he said he "loves" his MTX3!

Maybe that's his way of doing research?
Old 05-30-2004, 02:43 PM
Tech Regular

Thumbs up

Originally posted by rcpanama
Hi I just finish my first real race with the S710 today and this was the result:

First qualifier (5 minutes) I had problems with my S9550 servo had to change it so I was not able to finish change the servo to a S9451 and it worked.

The Main my NOVA MEGA 5P front bearing seal went bad so for the main I had to change to the NS12 S5, but I did not change the 61 / 57 I think I should had change to 56 / 60 in the Centax I had 16/21 with a .4 chime in the NOVA MEGA.

This is the first time I take TQ, I was competing with five Mugen and three R40 one Impulse Pro, one TC3.

I am really happy with the result and with the car, I think next time with the NOVA MAX I will be able to do better, already two mugen drivers will be changing to S710 for the next rice in three weeks.

Good job rcpanama ! Even with having problems you still had a great showing .Keep up the good work and next time I bet you get first place
Old 05-30-2004, 02:45 PM
Tech Elite

rcpanama, congratulations!

Its a very good result for a first real race!

Old 05-30-2004, 03:29 PM
Tech Elite

Shhhh! don't say that too loud or his head will swell up to no end!
Old 05-30-2004, 06:36 PM
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 239 (100%+)

hey Sow&Steady i cant get any of your videos to work
Old 05-30-2004, 06:43 PM
Tech Prophet

Congrats on the TQ rcpanama.
Old 05-30-2004, 06:46 PM
Tech Prophet

Originally posted by Marcos.S710
hey Sow&Steady i cant get any of your videos to work
After the download, it will start up any player associated with the .mpg or .avi extensions. Sometimes it plays and sometimes it does not. What I do is I search for that downloaded file in the hard drive and you should find it in the browser temp files. Copy it out to some other location. Manually start it up. It should work.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.