Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Serpent 710

Search this Thread

Old 05-24-2004, 11:07 AM
Tech Adept

I bought 1 secondhand vector and 1 veteq stripped them of the servo's and engine stuff and sold the chassis again. Bought them for 900 euro's. I got 2 RB C4C engines and 2 futaba 9404 servo's, 1 sanwa vb and a hitec 545 with 2 recievers. Got about 200 euro back for the 2 rolling chassis so got a good deal on the engines and the rest of the stuff.

The RB are running superb and the servo's andso are working excellent ( now also in my 710 )

Get your vector nt up and running Mark it will make you just as happy as the 710. Although the nt series is a bit more difficult to work on it 's a very good car.

I think you'll be amazed to see that the speed difference compared to the 710 isn't that much 'cause the little 710 is very leight so power to weight ratio is allmost the same as a 1/8 scale. It looks faster because it's bigger
Old 05-24-2004, 11:32 AM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by Herbie
I bought 1 secondhand vector and 1 veteq stripped them of the servo's and engine stuff and sold the chassis again. Bought them for 900 euro's. I got 2 RB C4C engines and 2 futaba 9404 servo's, 1 sanwa vb and a hitec 545 with 2 recievers. Got about 200 euro back for the 2 rolling chassis so got a good deal on the engines and the rest of the stuff.
Ebay is great to buy a bargin and then sell parts of it off at an unbelivable price

Get your vector nt up and running Mark it will make you just as happy as the 710. Although the nt series is a bit more difficult to work on it 's a very good car.
Mine was the property of one Karl-Heinz Meister (the ex-German champion and engine god of KHM fame) - some nice modifications where made to it

I think you'll be amazed to see that the speed difference compared to the 710 isn't that much 'cause the little 710 is very leight so power to weight ratio is allmost the same as a 1/8 scale. It looks faster because it's bigger
Yeah, the 1/8th is very popular at my club - about twice as many 1/8ths as 1/10ths Watching them racing is amazing - they are soooooo quick!
I do want to build the Vector NT up, but I don't want to distract myself away from learning my 710 - so much to learn so little time
Old 05-24-2004, 11:45 AM
Tech Adept

I know what you mean. I like my 950r but now with the 710 it's really fun. I started with a 1/8 scale so the 710 is more forgiving. Man that thing is really awesome to drive compared to my 950r.

Still learning everything for my 950r. The main differnce is the space you have on the track. With a 1/8 the driving line is smaller so when not on the racingline the car has less grip. With the 710 that racingline is bigger so more space when you make a mistake also the 710 really reacts very good to my steering movements when correcting it and has awesome grip ( a little too much when breaking my rearshocktower due tractionroll )

This is the track I race on. We drive counterclockwise and the track is very fast. Did 16/17 sec while running in my engine.
13,49 is the trackrecord with 1/8 car.
Old 05-24-2004, 11:45 AM
Tech Master

Default Re: What's this thing?

Originally posted by markp27
http://shop.the-border.nl/customer/p...cat=331&page=1

Is this a pressure regulator for the engine - saw something similar at the race last week. The guy with the 710 had some attachment which meant that the fuel system remained pressuried even during no throttle - he said it was analogous to using a capacitor on an electric motor.
He said it really helped the pick up out of the corners.

Anyone have experience of this?
how they install this thing?

between pipe to the tank?

or

between tank to the engine?

or

between the pipe to the engine? ( )

IF they install this thing between the pipe and tank... it would probably VOLUME INCREASE CANISTER.... as discussed here:

VOLUME INCREASE CANISTER THREAD

i hope that is correct? am i?

mop
Old 05-24-2004, 11:46 AM
Tech Adept

Oops forgot the picture sorry
Attached Thumbnails Serpent 710-baan.jpg  
Old 05-24-2004, 11:57 AM
Tech Master

Default NICE TRACK THERE!

THAT IS ONE NICE TRACK....!!!!!

i wish i have that kind of track here at my place.

13.5 secs for 1/8th
maybe 16-18 secs for 1/10th?

its BIG!!!!!

mop
Old 05-24-2004, 11:58 AM
Tech Elite

Nice circuit!!!!
Old 05-24-2004, 11:59 AM
Tech Elite

Default Re: Re: What's this thing?

Originally posted by mop_iko
how they install this thing?

between pipe to the tank?

or

between tank to the engine?

or

between the pipe to the engine? ( )

IF they install this thing between the pipe and tank... it would probably VOLUME INCREASE CANISTER.... as discussed here:

VOLUME INCREASE CANISTER THREAD

i hope that is correct? am i?

mop
I think that's what it is - between the pipe and the tank, I think.
Old 05-24-2004, 12:06 PM
Tech Adept

Default Re: NICE TRACK THERE!

Originally posted by mop_iko
THAT IS ONE NICE TRACK....!!!!!

i wish i have that kind of track here at my place.

13.5 secs for 1/8th
maybe 16-18 secs for 1/10th?

its BIG!!!!!

mop
It really is a nice track. You'll need lots of confidence in your car to make a good lap 'cause a little mistake and your lost.

The sweeper coming on the straight is the tire terror corner you can take it full throttle but your rightreartire will be gone when doing it full throttle everytime. So tire swap every 1 or 2 tanks.
The corner at the end of the straight is banked so you can take it fast too.

The only corner where we brake is the last corner for the pitlane.
Old 05-24-2004, 12:11 PM
Tech Elite

Default Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Tight track engine

Might not be a bad idea to have something like a messenger to stop the "noise" traffic we have here
How hard would that be?
I've got a php-based chat software I'm testing now. If you want to try it out one of these days let me know and then we hook up a few guys. Pretty easy and a lot less difficult for the surfer than Java based chat.

There's a messenger system around but I need to find it again. Don't know how hard that'll be yet ...
Old 05-24-2004, 12:12 PM
Tech Elite

Default Re: Sow's video

Hey, Sow, thought the video was great - looked like Ray Wood turned up
What was the problem with the Music!?!?!?! Hmm maybe a bit of Pink Floyd or Fleetwood Mac would have been more appropriate, but it was ok - oh man, I think I'm old
Thanks! I must say, I do like it myself even with the Genesis music that everyone if complaining about

Fleetwood Mac eh? Need to look for it for the longer version then
Old 05-24-2004, 12:14 PM
Tech Regular

Talking

Originally posted by hudy
HAHAHA people on the other car forums are also calling this car "the glass car" I thought I was the only one

either way this car is made of glass

Its only Glass to those that can't drive !!!!!!!!!!! And we all know who fits that category to a Tee. Don't you have anything better to do like playing in your sandbox ?
Old 05-24-2004, 12:15 PM
Tech Elite

Default Re: Re: Sow's video

Originally posted by BaxterC
I think I am old too.... I too love Fleetwood mac and pink floyd and the doors, and a whole load more. I went to a production called Forever Young where they sang the songs of all the Old and past bands where one of the guys died. WOW, I was in my element. pity there werent any NEW 710.
... I think I mentioned somewhere here that we're all grown ups. Grown ups guys
Old 05-24-2004, 12:17 PM
Tech Elite

Default Re: Re: Sow's video

Originally posted by crashed_1
Keep the vidz raw man...makes me feel like i'm trackside, with the music it makes me feel like i'm trackside with my ipod tuned to the wrong station....

don't spank me coz i'm beautiful...

You have an iPod which is tuneable? U sure?

Well, I know some folks here who like to spank beautiful people
Old 05-24-2004, 12:19 PM
Tech Elite

Cleaned my 710 this afternoon which went very well. The car is so easy to work on, the only thing is it's so small compared to my 950r

Took the motor apart and it looks like the easy handling with the stock setup messed up the new engine by enjoying it to much.

I have a nova based mugen mr12 can a p/s from a sx 12 be used in the crankcase?

the only thing I noticed yesterday that when on power out of the corner I got a bit of understeer, guess I will use red springs on the rear next clubrace, could be to much power though
Looks spanking new now

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.