Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Serpent 710

Search this Thread

Old 05-24-2004, 01:16 AM
Tech Prophet

Originally posted by markp27
Racing bug 100% How much did you see the LCS for - I got it from rccarinternational for €159 and the guy last night on ebay got €156 for a second hand one
http://rotor.com.sg/car/acc_alex_lapcounter.htm

I think it's about the same price. Although the brand is Hakarunjer, I believe they are the same OEM.

Ask Uncle Sow. I believe he has one.
Old 05-24-2004, 01:25 AM
Tech Prophet

Ok, went through a few tanks with the 16T/61T combo and was pretty satisfied. I'm still using the same gears. Just happen that I came across Paolo M's racing report article on mytsn which he mentioned this;

After the race we found what was wrong with the gears. Actually the problems is that if the pinion is too wear (a common thing in the 4 cars with the problem) if you want to change the spur for a new one you need to change also the pinion. Otherwise, the spur will strip.

I guess what I described earlier was correct. When you change to a new spur, make sure you re-mesh the gearing back again. You need to mesh it closer. While doing this, the spurs and pinions will be a little hard to turn but after a few tanks, it'll be allright.
Old 05-24-2004, 01:30 AM

Originally posted by InitialD
[BI guess the best part is the experience and enjoyment you guys had. [/B]
Thanks, the race was great. We have so much laughter. Wish you could be there. Anyway, we have make a promise with Serpent Asia to join their race somewhere this year in Hong Kong. Hope you could come Looks like we are going for November 28 since the September is exactly on our EP National schedule while the June 13 is way too early for another travelling.

About the Hakarunjer.. Jet Hobby in HK is the Alex Racing sole distributor.
Old 05-24-2004, 01:33 AM
Tech Fanatic

Cool. Being top 5 in the whole of Indonesia says something. Congrats to Pyramid.

I guess the best part is the experience and enjoyment you guys had.
You right, thank you.
Something we got from that race that we can share :
- Putting 2 set screw on the flyweight cures the slips forever but the flyweight is still in between. Combining with yellow shoe you will got mega punch.
- The new yellow clutch shoe is having a better bite. (Sorry to Julius for arguing him on the TSN forum) I can screw in almost 1 full turn (centax spring nut) comparing to black one. It has same effect with modded flyweight.
- Rear roll center, UBO / LT combo with 4 deg rear camber is maximum rear traction we can get from this car.
- In full throttle swepeer, using minus (approx -1) front downstop
makes the car easier to drive and faster.
- Ceramic balls on diff ..awesome !!
Old 05-24-2004, 01:34 AM
Tech Prophet

Originally posted by Pyramid
Anyway, we have make a promise with Serpent Asia to join their race somewhere this year in Hong Kong. Hope you could come Looks like we are going for November 28 since the September is exactly on our EP National schedule while the June 13 is way too early for another travelling.
You mean World Model in HK is organising another Serpent Asia challenge in HK this year? Is this confirmed already?
Old 05-24-2004, 01:40 AM
Tech Elite

http://rotor.com.sg/car/acc_alex_lapcounter.htm

I think it's about the same price. Although the brand is Hakarunjer, I believe they are the same OEM.

Ask Uncle Sow. I believe he has one.
Really, I need to contact him - got a few questions about it.

I saw some posts regarding the Hakarunjer - it's apparently the very same but with a different housing.

Cheers, Mark.
Old 05-24-2004, 01:45 AM
Tech Adept

Talking

Hey Guys,

Look what I bought this saturday!!!!!! Build in the afternoon and was driving it yesterday. Couldn't stand not having a 710 but now I know what you're all talking about. Had the car setup as in the book but didn't do it very accurate.

First lap out the car spun on power leaving corners. Ran 1 tank and then realized I never put on the side belt!!!!

After putting on the side belt the car was glued to the track. I was running in the engine but the car was driving so nice I was a little careless with the running in. Engine temp after 4 tanks when doing moderate laps was about 136 Celsius. Guess I need a rebuild soon.

Really enjoyed running the car. It was behaving very nice even with not a perfect chassis set up.

By the way guess what I broke?!?!?!?!?!
Attached Thumbnails Serpent 710-dscf0123.jpg  
Old 05-24-2004, 01:46 AM
Tech Prophet

Originally posted by GoldFinger
- Putting 2 set screw on the flyweight cures the slips forever but the flyweight is still in between. Combining with yellow shoe you will got mega punch.
Cool. So putting each flyweight with 2 set screws (at the end of both sides of the tip??), you need to put 6 set screws in total right?

- The new yellow clutch shoe is having a better bite. (Sorry to Julius for arguing him on the TSN forum) I can screw in almost 1 full turn (centax spring nut) comparing to black one. It has same effect with modded flyweight.
Every one is guilty ! So you guys got the yellow shoes? We're still waiting for ours.

- Rear roll center, UBO / LT combo with 4 deg rear camber is maximum rear traction we can get from this car.
Woow ! The UBO / LT combo is the 2nd highest rear roll center setting !

- In full throttle swepeer, using minus (approx -1) front downstop
makes the car easier to drive and faster.
True. This is what I found too. A little more front droop gives more predictable on power steering.

- Ceramic balls on diff ..awesome !!
Another goodie? Are they much lighter? I think the standard one is already durable as it is.

The best part about this forum (particularly this 710 forum, yay !) is the amount of information we share. See, no need to go for race and people will share precious information... (j/k).
Old 05-24-2004, 01:47 AM
Tech Prophet

Originally posted by markp27
Really, I need to contact him - got a few questions about it.
Hey, don't let him know I let you in on this !
Old 05-24-2004, 01:54 AM
Tech Addict

Originally posted by hudy
HAHAHA people on the other car forums are also calling this car "the glass car" I thought I was the only one

either way this car is made of glass
You came all that way to tell us that? you must be board!

Hudy if you have nothing postive to say go AWAY! you know the saying "children should be seen and not heard"

And as for glass car i dont know what you are talking about, during a practice at my local track some dumbo thought it would be fun to go down the straight backwards i hit him at full throttle and all i broke was the top and bottom of the front bumper mounts his car completly demolished. Which makes me wonder what you did to 710 to break it
Old 05-24-2004, 01:55 AM
Tech Prophet

Originally posted by Herbie
Look what I bought this saturday!!!!!! Build in the afternoon and was driving it yesterday. Couldn't stand not having a 710 but now I know what you're all talking about.
I guess the DARKSIDE is working overtime ! Welcome aboard.

First lap out the car spun on power leaving corners. Ran 1 tank and then realized I never put on the side belt!!!!
Hey, is that a new trick you're planning to do to free up the drive train?

Engine temp after 4 tanks when doing moderate laps was about 136 Celsius. Guess I need a rebuild soon.
Well, I think as long as you manage to break in the piston sleeve afterwards, it should be OK. Don't think it's completely toast. Perhaps Serpent should put a warning in the front of the kit saying that if you're breaking in the engine, be careful not to overdo it and get carried away driving the car too much !

Really enjoyed running the car. It was behaving very nice even with not a perfect chassis set up.

Didn't you get the new rear shock tower with the 710? Get the new one which is thicker. Still running mine.
Old 05-24-2004, 01:57 AM
Tech Prophet

Originally posted by Voodo_Magic
you know the saying "children should be seen and not heard"
Phew ! And I thought I was cruel !
Old 05-24-2004, 01:57 AM
Tech Addict

Hey Guys,

Look what I bought this saturday!!!!!! Build in the afternoon and was driving it yesterday. Couldn't stand not having a 710 but now I know what you're all talking about. Had the car setup as in the book but didn't do it very accurate.

After putting on the side belt the car was glued to the track. I was running in the engine but the car was driving so nice I was a little careless with the running in. Engine temp after 4 tanks when doing moderate laps was about 136 Celsius. Guess I need a rebuild soon.

Hi Herbie
Glad you are happy with your car welcome to the community
Old 05-24-2004, 02:00 AM
Tech Addict

Phew ! And I thought I was cruel !
Maybe cruel but i am sick of hudy critisising this car, maybe if he had given it a little more time and a little more patience he would be having fun
Old 05-24-2004, 02:01 AM
Tech Fanatic

Hey Guys,

Welcome to the neighborhood.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.