Wiki Posts
Search

Serpent 710

Search this Thread

Old 05-11-2004, 03:43 AM
Tech Prophet

Default Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Deans Charging Plug

Originally posted by Picard
I am running similar setting to yourself, but I have changed to white springs and have been improving lap times.
Cool. Good to know that. I need feedback too and good to know that it works good on white springs. One of these days, I'll give it a go with white springs and solid front !

The question I had was why do you only run 1mm caster, I understood that more caster is effective on bumpy tracks and I am running 5mm. Has this something to do with the solid front?
Interested in your feedback
Thanks
I use 1 mm caster in the front because with the solid front, you usually get less turn in to corners. Less corner radius. Less caster improves that.

More caster gives you a lot of on power steering coming out of the corner which the car already has with a solid front axle.
Old 05-11-2004, 03:44 AM
Tech Prophet

Originally posted by Delange
Belgium.
Can you try the border or RCCarinternational? I believe they should have it.
Old 05-11-2004, 03:48 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally posted by InitialD
Hey Mr. Hudy, you should have sold that glass car to me. I would have bought 10 from you.
I agree, me to, I would have prefered them in kit form, but I would still have bought them, I LOVE building this car... Hudy, please keep away from that kind of language in this forum, also, STAY AWAY FROM THE BOARDS... remember that even the best bicycle will hurt a kid and break bits if the rider cannot ride... normally one would start off with a bike with training wheels, and then move up to a bike that may be better suited to their ability. The same aplies to RC, you may want a car that is better suited to your ability, remember that the SERPENT out-of-the-box is a race winning car that has all the bells and whissles. the other cars are better suited to a less experienced racer. The cars NEED to be hopped-up to for more competitive and advanced\experienced racer, this makes it attractive to a wider audience, the SERPENT is aimed at the top level racer, but is still able to be raced by the mediocre racer, or less experienced racer (like me) but I dont need training wheels. I can drive, both RC and full size.

Think of it this way... Give a baby a glass, it is as sure to break as I am sitting in front of a PC. But give the same glass (unbroken) to a more experience drinker, the glass is less sure to break, unless there is an accident.

Do I make myself clear?

Once again, Language like that is not appreciated on this forum. keep it to yourself.
Old 05-11-2004, 03:51 AM
Tech Prophet

Baxter, you're technically evil with 666 post !
Tech Fanatic

Default Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Deans Charging Plug

Cool. Good to know that. I need feedback too and good to know that it works good on white springs. One of these days, I'll give it a go with white springs and solid front !

I use 1 mm caster in the front because with the solid front, you usually get less turn in to corners. Less corner radius. Less caster improves that.

More caster gives you a lot of on power steering coming out of the corner which the car already has with a solid front axle.
Yes try the white spring, sparksy was the one that put me onto them

I have not altered the DRS arm and noticed that on your setup you have, did you notice a difference when you first tried this?

Also aggree with your comments the car is easy to drive with the solid and great for my consistency. I am getting a diff on thursday but don't really want to change because I am so happy with the solid

Might get down for a practice session first
Tech Regular

Originally posted by markp27
But with it being a glass car, he probably had to sweep the bits up off the track - not much worth in a load of old broken up glass
It's dangerous too!
Drive through that glass and you may end up with a flat foam!

Possible reasons why Mr Hudy did not like his 710:

- The car is so weak. He would break a part every time he tried to knock a 1/5 scale car off the straight.

- The quality is so low, the chassis was tweaked out of the box. He didn't notice this until after he hammered the brake pins in.

- The car caused his radio to glitch. Whenever the car was coming towards him, he steered to the left but the car would go to the right.

- This car is sooo slow! He wasn't even close to keeping up with his friends T-maxx's and Savage21's at the construction site.
Old 05-11-2004, 03:54 AM
Tech Prophet

Originally posted by KevinS
- The car is so weak. He would break a part every time he tried to knock a 1/5 scale car off the straight.
Ummm, I wonder who's that guy in Germany who tries to overtake 1/5th scale lawnmowers at the tracks....
Old 05-11-2004, 03:56 AM
Tech Prophet

Default Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Deans Charging Plug

I have not altered the DRS arm and noticed that on your setup you have, did you notice a difference when you first tried this?
Ummm, to my untrained hand, I did not notice anything too.

Also aggree with your comments the car is easy to drive with the solid and great for my consistency. I am getting a diff on thursday but don't really want to change because I am so happy with the solid
I know what you mean... I too was reluctant to get the front ball diff as I was happy with the solid front. I think on smaller track, I drive better with solid front. It's very stable and does not make the car nervous in my opinion.
Old 05-11-2004, 03:57 AM
Tech Fanatic

Sounds good :-) You're going to love your car

Did the parts from Serpent arrive yet?

Cheers, Mark.
No not yet...

The dark side speaks freely now...
Old 05-11-2004, 04:00 AM
Tech Elite

Ummm, I wonder who's that guy in Germany who tries to overtake 1/5th scale lawnmowers at the tracks....
More like runs into the back of the throught the left kink at the end of the straight - man those things are slow! they should stay on the grass where they belong
Old 05-11-2004, 04:03 AM
Tech Prophet

they should stay on the grass where they belong
Old 05-11-2004, 04:07 AM
Tech Fanatic

Default Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Deans Charging Plug

Ummm, to my untrained hand, I did not notice anything too.

I will give it a try also

I know what you mean... I too was reluctant to get the front ball diff as I was happy with the solid front. I think on smaller track, I drive better with solid front. It's very stable and does not make the car nervous in my opinion.
Did your lap times get faster or your cons get better with the ball diff? I am assuming you ran the solid and the ball diff at the same track
Old 05-11-2004, 04:11 AM
Tech Prophet

Default Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Deans Charging Plug

Did your lap times get faster or your cons get better with the ball diff? I am assuming you ran the solid and the ball diff at the same track
I did not time the laps but with the solid front, I could drive very agressively around the corners and infields. Felt very nice and comfortable.

I would think you would benefit with the front ball diff if there was a fast sweeping corner.
Old 05-11-2004, 04:11 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally posted by PSI Racing
Too bad Serpent didn't make his car out of plastic and carbon fiber.
Maybe he wouldn't of had to sweep up all that glass.

I'm glad that my 710 wasn't made out of glass.
I am too, I dont like glass with all that vibration from the engine.
Old 05-11-2004, 04:19 AM
Tech Fanatic

Default Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Deans Charging Pl

I did not time the laps but with the solid front, I could drive very agressively around the corners and infields. Felt very nice and comfortable.

I would think you would benefit with the front ball diff if there was a fast sweeping corner.
Yes that is the reason I am going to try one. Are your races not timed ID? How does you qualifing structure work then?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.