Wiki Posts
Search

Serpent 710

Search this Thread

Old 05-06-2004, 11:47 PM
Tech Elite

Default Re: Re: Camber (rear)

Originally posted by InitialD
It could be due to unequal left and right rear tire wear. After the race, did you check the rear tire diameter?

It could also be that when your rear tires wear out, your chassis may be bottoming and because left rear side wears faster than the right rear side, the chassis may be bottoming when turning right.

As for the camber, as long as your rear tires wear flat or like Julius says slightly coning towards the inside (outside diameter bigger than inside diameter), then your camber is OK.
Check also that the coning is equal on both sides, i.e. if the inside to outside diameters on the right rear tyre is 1mm, then it should also be 1mm on the left side - otherwise you need to adjust you camber on the one side to compensate.
Old 05-06-2004, 11:50 PM
Tech Elite

Default Re: Re: Re: Camber (rear)

Originally posted by Voodo_Magic
Hi BaxterC

I have tested the tweek and it is good, good idea about the tyres!

The RR12 is just amazing it has so much power! my track is not the largest so it is a great motor.
Did you check the tweak after the problem occured, i.e. don't touch anything setup or ridehight wise - just do the lifting method to see if one of the wheels lifts earlier. If the car was de-tweaked before the run, then this would show that either the rear tyres wear unevenly (left-to-right) or maybe your shocks aren't of equal length/disimilar rebound.

Cheers, Mark.
Old 05-06-2004, 11:54 PM
Tech Elite

Default Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: manifold problem

Originally posted by InitialD

Come back, prodigal son !
Sow&Steady - if you need anyone to help you carry your bags, let me know 60 hours of solid rain and it's still coming down!!!!
Old 05-06-2004, 11:54 PM
Tech Addict

Default Thanks guys

Thanks guys for your help i havent touched the car yet since this happened, so i will do a check list and hopefully find the problem
Old 05-06-2004, 11:58 PM
Tech Elite

D, on you 705 Lola/GTP setup, do you put the body onto the body posts at the front without those little supports under the body work - ehm, you know those things which go through the holes in the body post to supprt the bodywork? (God, I wish I was good at explaining things at times )
Old 05-07-2004, 12:01 AM
Tech Elite

Default Re: Thanks guys

Originally posted by Voodo_Magic
Thanks guys for your help i havent touched the car yet since this happened, so i will do a check list and hopefully find the problem
I invest a lot of time in doing the tweak, which may be overboard, but it seems to reward my efforts at the track

I use a very similar method to what D describes in the FAQ - I also make sure the chassis is de-tweaked before I set the camber + toe-in/out and then once it is set I check it again, as camber/toe-in/out does have an effect on the tweak.

Cheers, Mark.
Old 05-07-2004, 12:04 AM
Tech Prophet

Originally posted by markp27
D, on you 705 Lola/GTP setup, do you put the body onto the body posts at the front without those little supports under the body work - ehm, you know those things which go through the holes in the body post to supprt the bodywork? (God, I wish I was good at explaining things at times )
I know what you mean...

Yes, I do use those plastic support thingy that comes with the bodypost. But be careful that it is very unkind to the bodyshell. I would put some tape to cushion it.
Old 05-07-2004, 12:06 AM
Tech Elite

I just tried mine at the front (those thingys ) and it seems that the shell is very high even those those thingys (hmm, I think I need to define/copyright this word in the FAQ ) were on the lowest hole
Old 05-07-2004, 12:09 AM
Tech Fanatic

Default Re: Re: Re: Re: Camber (rear)

Did you check the tweak after the problem occured, i.e. don't touch anything setup or ridehight wise - just do the lifting method to see if one of the wheels lifts earlier. If the car was de-tweaked before the run, then this would show that either the rear tyres wear unevenly (left-to-right) or maybe your shocks aren't of equal length/disimilar rebound.

Cheers, Mark.
This reminds me, Dee, where did you get your Losi shock tool from?
Old 05-07-2004, 12:12 AM
Tech Elite

Default Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Camber (rear)

Originally posted by BaxterC
www.the-border.com - top service from these guys!!!
Old 05-07-2004, 12:18 AM
Tech Prophet

I just tried mine at the front (those thingys ) and it seems that the shell is very high even those those thingys (hmm, I think I need to define/copyright this word in the FAQ ) were on the lowest hole
I would just drill a hole in the post lower so that the "thingys" would sit lower. I think that was how I did mine. I cannot remember...
Old 05-07-2004, 12:18 AM
Tech Fanatic

Default Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Camber (rear)

www.the-border.com - top service from these guys!!!
Thank you, The more I think about it, the more it will be an ALL Important tool, I am having nightmares about uneven shocks, I dread building shocks, but I think this would help greatly.
Old 05-07-2004, 12:20 AM
Tech Prophet

Default Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Camber (rear)

I got mine at my LHS.
Old 05-07-2004, 12:22 AM
Tech Fanatic

Default Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Camber (rear)

Thank you, The more I think about it, the more it will be an ALL Important tool, I am having nightmares about uneven shocks, I dread building shocks, but I think this would help greatly.
The border are DANG expensive... 33 odd euros... I found it at $29

RCModel
Old 05-07-2004, 12:22 AM
Tech Prophet

Default Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Camber (rear)

Build it accoding to the manual and you'll get equal rebound shocks most of the time.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.