Serpent 710

Old 05-06-2004, 09:52 PM
Tech Prophet

Default Re: Re: Re: 2106

Originally posted by GoldFinger
Whats up bro ?
Hey bro, I thought I heard you mention that you lowered your engine shim some more to get more power from the Max with the 52606 pipe (102 mm pipe length). I was using 0.4 mm with 25% nitro. The mid to top end was flat on the high speed track. Changed to my original pipe (RDLogic with Nova manifold = 88 mm pipe length) and it was really making revs !

I guess I'll take the 0.1 mm shim out and stick with 0.3 mm... What do you suggest?
Old 05-06-2004, 09:55 PM
Tech Elite

Default Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: manifold problem

Originally posted by InitialD
Yup. Just like the 1/8th scale cars ! That's why the 705 is an ideal outlaw Lola car.
Sounds good to me
Old 05-06-2004, 10:08 PM
Tech Fanatic

Default Re: Re: Re: Race tracks in India - Pakistan

Originally posted by Marcos.S710
how is your 710 coming along?
Well, I have note had much time, but I have built the front and the front middle shaft, but not the front one-way as it is missing the pulley which is on it's way. I was about to start the rear diff, but not at 11pm, I will do the diff tomorrow and RUN-IN MY MOTOR!!! I cant wait.... Have you had your follow-up meeting yet? How is your car going, been able to race lately? hows the house coming? Finished I hope. It is a big job.
Old 05-06-2004, 10:13 PM
Tech Fanatic

get some Kissling rain tires well i will be racing this weekend in this wonderful weather get to race my 710 hopefully win!!!!
Hey, GOOD LUCK!!! I take it you like the Monotuning Tyres
Old 05-06-2004, 10:14 PM
Tech Fanatic

i will do my best im running one of the best touring cars with a awesome set of tires(MONOTUNING)
Nevermind, Question already answered... Slow and silly me.
Old 05-06-2004, 10:25 PM
Tech Fanatic

Default Re: Re: Re: Race tracks in India - Pakistan

He is from Bali, Indonesia. Not from Pakistan or India. His nick when translated means "A Crazy Balinese Person".
Oh Sorry... I am a little confuzzed... Sorry.
Old 05-06-2004, 10:33 PM
Tech Fanatic

Default Re: Re: Re: Re: Race tracks in India - Pakistan

Originally posted by BaxterC
Oh Sorry... I am a little confuzzed... Sorry.
My shipment from RCCARinternational has finally shipped... DANG long time to ship... I looked last night, where do you fit the transponder, our track hands them out, but I dont know where to put it, I saw a hole in the bumper, must I cut it to fit the transponder?
Old 05-06-2004, 10:42 PM
Tech Prophet

Default Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Race tracks in India - Pakistan

I looked last night, where do you fit the transponder, our track hands them out, but I dont know where to put it, I saw a hole in the bumper, must I cut it to fit the transponder?
If your track does not support PT and they hand the transponders out to you, ream a hole somewhere on the windshield of the bodyshell and mount it with a body clip. That's what I do. The hole should be about as big as the hole you make for your antenna tube.
Old 05-06-2004, 10:47 PM
Tech Fanatic

Default Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Race tracks in India - Pakistan

If your track does not support PT and they hand the transponders out to you, ream a hole somewhere on the windshield of the bodyshell and mount it with a body clip. That's what I do. The hole should be about as big as the hole you make for your antenna tube.
Sweet, thank you. I will do this rather, then later get one coz they are expensive. I still cant get over the quality of the parts... AWESOME, everything fits perfectly, NO slop.
Old 05-06-2004, 11:14 PM
Tech Fanatic

Default Re: Re: Re: Re: 2106

Hey bro, I thought I heard you mention that you lowered your engine shim some more to get more power from the Max with the 52606 pipe (102 mm pipe length). I was using 0.4 mm with 25% nitro. The mid to top end was flat on the high speed track. Changed to my original pipe (RDLogic with Nova manifold = 88 mm pipe length) and it was really making revs !

I guess I'll take the 0.1 mm shim out and stick with 0.3 mm... What do you suggest?
I use .2mm when I used 16% nitro (11% oil .. you know)
Never use 25% untill now, but (I think) using .4mm in our weather condition is only make our engine runs hotter and tends to flatten the mid to top end revs.

When your engine only make a good revs with that short pipe, I think you have a problem. Add some compression could regain it.

We all know that MAX is one of the engine that can peaks in just an eye blink. So when you run in very big track, I suggest to try a conservative pipe, like NRS-52224 an EFRA .15 pipe. I believe this is the pipe that Julius using before 52607. This combo makes your MAX not losing too much top end, 23T 2nd pinion will help also.
The 52605 and 52607 is definetely more aggresive.

My last race in JITC ,Lola body, with that combo.. my MAX (P series) is the only one that can finish 5min with enough fuel to make 1 lap. THe other P series, when " all racers.. finish your lap"
heard.. they only cruising with no sound.

That is just my experience
Old 05-06-2004, 11:23 PM
Tech Addict

Default Camber (rear)

I know you guys have been talking about this earlier but i have this problem, On fresh new tyres my car is VERY good however after about 30min of running (not nessercerly at one time) i find my car will spin out, off throttle, steering right. Steering left is fine it is just going right. I have used different settings and it does the same thing! may this be because i'am using the same camber each side on the rear and one side is running lower than the other due to my track being mainly right turns?
Old 05-06-2004, 11:27 PM
Tech Fanatic

Default Re: Camber (rear)

Originally posted by Voodo_Magic
I know you guys have been talking about this earlier but i have this problem, On fresh new tyres my car is VERY good however after about 30min of running (not nessercerly at one time) i find my car will spin out, off throttle, steering right. Steering left is fine it is just going right. I have used different settings and it does the same thing! may this be because i'am using the same camber each side on the rear and one side is running lower than the other due to my track being mainly right turns?
It is very possible. Can you tell me if it happens if you swap the rear tires around? Have you checked for tweak, as it may be a small possibility.

How is your motor going?
Old 05-06-2004, 11:30 PM
Tech Prophet

Default Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: 2106

Originally posted by GoldFinger
When your engine only make a good revs with that short pipe, I think you have a problem. Add some compression could regain it.
Thanks buddy. I'll give your suggestion a try this weekend and just use 0.3 mm shim with the 52607 pipe.
Old 05-06-2004, 11:36 PM
Tech Addict

Default Re: Re: Camber (rear)

It is very possible. Can you tell me if it happens if you swap the rear tires around? Have you checked for tweak, as it may be a small possibility.

How is your motor going?
Hi BaxterC

I have tested the tweek and it is good, good idea about the tyres!

The RR12 is just amazing it has so much power! my track is not the largest so it is a great motor.
Old 05-06-2004, 11:38 PM
Tech Prophet

Default Re: Camber (rear)

Originally posted by Voodo_Magic
It could be due to unequal left and right rear tire wear. After the race, did you check the rear tire diameter?

It could also be that when your rear tires wear out, your chassis may be bottoming and because left rear side wears faster than the right rear side, the chassis may be bottoming when turning right.

As for the camber, as long as your rear tires wear flat or like Julius says slightly coning towards the inside (outside diameter bigger than inside diameter), then your camber is OK.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.