Search

Serpent 710

Search this Thread

Old 05-02-2004, 03:29 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally posted by markp27
Picture showing the weight
cool digital weight measurement. i wish we have it here...yea my friend, rcsabah got it...but only on racing day u can borrow it
its very hard to find one...in any hardware store.
Old 05-02-2004, 03:32 AM
Tech Champion

Default Re: engine bearing lube?

Yep What oil is best to use for the engine bearings?
i never lube the engine bearing...im not that confident to touch anything inside there...as long as the crank bearing is still good and no leaking...i just cycle it with after run oil.
Old 05-02-2004, 03:32 AM
Tech Regular

Default Re: Weight?

My car weighs 1709 grams with only the fuel missing. How's this compare to anyone elses - mine is kitted with lots of titanium screws, so should be a bit lighter than normal.
Including 3 color body, AMBrc DP transponder, Tornado fuel filter and a set of new 65.5mm Enetti's I'm down to 1697g. Thats with 3-racing Ti shafts, Ti turnbuckles and some aluminum screws.

Will be ordering digital camera next week, will post pics once I've received it.
Old 05-02-2004, 03:37 AM
Tech Champion

Default Re: Re: Weight?

Originally posted by KevinS
Including 3 color body, AMBrc DP transponder, Tornado fuel filter and a set of new 65.5mm Enetti's I'm down to 1697g. Thats with 3-racing Ti shafts, Ti turnbuckles and some aluminum screws.

Will be ordering digital camera next week, will post pics once I've received it.
wow kevinS, thats really cool...1697grms....but just a friendly question...is that for racing ready kit? becoz...at least at my place...u need to be 1700, 1750grms or even 1800 grams to compete legally.

i do want to install the 3Racing Ti middle 2pseed shaft. thats next project...im gonna get it down to around 1720grms.
Old 05-02-2004, 05:12 AM
Tech Regular

Default Re: Re: Re: Weight?

Originally posted by jfc_tech
wow kevinS, thats really cool...1697grms....but just a friendly question...is that for racing ready kit? becoz...at least at my place...u need to be 1700, 1750grms or even 1800 grams to compete legally.

i do want to install the 3Racing Ti middle 2pseed shaft. thats next project...im gonna get it down to around 1720grms.
I think rules here say 1725g. But I don't race for now and once I will it's easy to add weight. I am thinking about getting the alu middleshaft mount, radioplate support and front anti-rollbar arms anyway once they are available. Also there are still a lot of stock screws I can replace by Ti, those I rather not use aluminum for.

As for the 3racing 2-speed shaft, it should take 11~12g off your car. Another 3~4g for the middle shaft.
Old 05-02-2004, 08:46 AM
Tech Elite

Default Camber question.

For the setup wizards

From the setup book, it is recommended that front camber be setup to achieve equal tyre wear across the front tyres' widths. But for the rear, a slight conical effect should be achieved.

I didn't really understand this with regards to the rears - my thoughts were: if the rears become conical, then surely this changes the effective camber, assuming the tyres were of equal diameter across their width before driving, i.e. if the conical effect equals 2 Degrees across the tyre width and the camber was set to 2 Degrees, then the camber has now been nullified.
Does this not mean that the tyres wear and find their true camber value?

Hopefully I've made myself clear in what I've said above.

Cheers, Mark.
Old 05-02-2004, 10:46 AM
Tech Elite

Default Re: Weight?

How much does yours weigh? ok, I'm bored - the weather is awful and I can't play

My car weighs 1709 grams with only the fuel missing. How's this compare to anyone elses - mine is kitted with lots of titanium screws, so should be a bit lighter than normal.

Cheers, Mark.
I just got off a race this weekend and managed to weight my car...1710 grams with a front diff, titanium mid and rear shafts, Frewer Loletta shell and brand new kicks. But that was below the legal limit of 1725grams...
Old 05-02-2004, 11:26 AM
Tech Elite

Default Re: Re: Weight?

Originally posted by crashed_1
I just got off a race this weekend and managed to weight my car...1710 grams with a front diff, titanium mid and rear shafts, Frewer Loletta shell and brand new kicks. But that was below the legal limit of 1725grams...
And probably the diff adds quite a bit of weight over the one-way

Cheers, Mark.
Old 05-02-2004, 11:32 AM
Tech Elite

Default Re: Second time around

Originally posted by kreidel
[B]I decided to give the 710 another try ...
Kreidel, nery nice looking shell.

And we're glad you decided to give the 710 another go so welcome back!
Old 05-02-2004, 11:45 AM
Tech Elite

Second pic!

Cheers, Mark.
Mark, how many tanks did you manage to do? Good driving btw ... no dents whatsoever on the body!
Old 05-02-2004, 11:48 AM
Tech Elite

I can't find a description for the 2.11cc engine, but here's one for the 3.5cc variant:

http://www.mytsn.com/products/desc.asp?prid=3153

Cheers, Mark.
Yes Julius, we've seen Michael using the 3-port version in Bangkok and a few people on this forum claims to have the KHM ... so when is Serpent going to sell these KHMs?
Old 05-02-2004, 11:51 AM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by KevinS
Don't use that kind of language!
I'm allergic
Barely broke in my engine and my outdoor season is almost over...
How come? Its only the beginning of May ... it's spring no?
Old 05-02-2004, 11:58 AM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by Sow&Steady
Mark, how many tanks did you manage to do? Good driving btw ... no dents whatsoever on the body!
Hmm, the driving wasn't so good, but I managed to keep it away from the hard stuff, except for one occasion when the rain caught me out - cost me a wheel but no other damage

I think I did about 5 tanks + my run in tanks. I was at the track for six hours, but I like to really make sure everything is perfect for each run, so I do a lot of setup work, too and therefore maybe two tanks in 1,5 hours.

Been meaning to ask you: where does your name come from? In Geman you can use Sow to mean very/really - so your name would effectively be Really Steady

Cheers, Mark.
Old 05-02-2004, 12:27 PM
Tech Elite

Hmm, the driving wasn't so good, but I managed to keep it away from the hard stuff, except for one occasion when the rain caught me out - cost me a wheel but no other damage

I think I did about 5 tanks + my run in tanks. I was at the track for six hours, but I like to really make sure everything is perfect for each run, so I do a lot of setup work, too and therefore maybe two tanks in 1,5 hours.
Ah! Also, not to mention that you're lucky to have a compressor at your track! Still, keeping it away from the hard stuff do require some good driving!

Been meaning to ask you: where does your name come from? In Geman you can use Sow to mean very/really - so your name would effectively be Really Steady

Cheers, Mark.
Oh, I meant to say I'm sort of "slow and steady". However, because I'm not a beginner anymore, I no longer have a "L" license (not a learner anymore) hence the word Slow got the "L" dropped from it SLOW => SOW

Thanks for telling me that in German "Sow" means "really" because my wife has been giving me a hard time ... she says "Sow" means "baby pig"!!

Its official then ... I'm Really Steady!!!
Old 05-02-2004, 12:27 PM
Tech Regular

Default Re: Second time around

Originally posted by kreidel
I decided to give the 710 another try to see if I could make it work for me. Unfortuntely the race was called tonight due to rain so I have to wait another week and see what happens. I bought this one used but had to go through it completely due to the original owner doing such a piss poor job building it the first time. He did not even line the shock caps up to fit right with the nub....that might explain what I had to work with. Luckily I had some knowledge from the first one so I was able to get it into shape fairly painlessly.

Welcome back to the snake pit.I hope you have a better experience this timethan you did before. The ride looks really sweet. Congrats !!!!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.