Search

Serpent 710

Search this Thread

Old 04-29-2004, 11:59 AM
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 239 (100%+)
Default Re: Re: 710 CVD,s ????

Originally posted by BaxterC
There is a very long and involved explanation as to why serpent did not make any... But think of it this way, the perfect car does not need hop-ups.

Serpent have got HUDY spring steel dogbones and the PRO's use these, as well as HUDY spring steel drive 'cups'. What you can do is put a cable tie around the bone and the suspention arm above it, but make it loose enough to not bind, this stops the bones from flying an all directions.
Old 04-29-2004, 03:15 PM
Tech Fanatic

Default Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: New Parts

Originally posted by InitialD
Thanks ! Where did you get the info from? Have they already trickled into the LHS yet? Will be looking forward to seeing them.
I'm putting an order in for them today.
I got it from a Serpent USA price sheet.
Old 04-29-2004, 04:02 PM
Tech Regular

Originally posted by BaxterC
What you can do is put a cable tie around the bone and the suspention arm above it, but make it loose enough to not bind, this stops the bones from flying an all directions.
Got the 801214 wheelaxles and 808220 dogbones installed now. I'm using fishing wire instead of cable ties. Just tie a knot and melt that knot so it can't come loose.

I wont lose my dogbones unless my car meets an experienced bass that knows how to chew up fishing wire.
Old 04-29-2004, 04:09 PM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by Herbie
I hope the weather stays nice Mark. The forecast is not that good and I'll have to race sunday but I hope it stays dry during the weekend.
I've just seen the forecast I've had to sacrifice two days holiday this week for an f**ing software delivery and now it looks like rain at the weekend
Old 04-29-2004, 04:13 PM
Tech Elite

Default Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Radio

Originally posted by Sow&Steady
Yeap, considering I'm made and manufactured in the tropics, I was surprised that I was also "fried" this morning in London when it was only 12 DegC!

Mind you, in a feeble effort to lose weight, I was trying to walk as fast as I can ... and OK, it wasn't very fast.
Unfortunately fast doesn't help - the body is actually exteremly efficient and you actually use up the same amount of calories walking fast for 1km as walking slow What you need is a brisk pace for an hour - then calorie burn kicks in!! Better, an hour through a German forest on a mountain bike @ 35 kmh
Old 04-29-2004, 05:46 PM
Wap
Tech Adept

Default Re

Originally posted by markp27
I've just seen the forecast I've had to sacrifice two days holiday this week for an f**ing software delivery and now it looks like rain at the weekend
I know how you feel

Hey guys, just road by and looked at the new track for Texas Biggie at RCrcnt. What a beautiful track. The way the track is set up it looks like a simi-permanent track, it looks like they can change the in-field.

D@#! i wish i can race.

After going to the New Track I almost bought a Novarossi motor for 269, But i think i am going to wait for the 2106 and just order the 2105 to hold me.
Old 04-29-2004, 06:46 PM
Tech Prophet

Originally posted by JustRace
I got a set from SouthWest RC. I tried them last week at the Twister Tire Challenge and they held up. I used them for practice, 5 qualifiers, and a 30 minute main.
Cool. Thanks for the info on the 3 Racing CVDs. I hope Serpent comes out with theirs (real CVDs). They have talked about it since 705 days...
Old 04-29-2004, 06:48 PM
Tech Addict

Default help

Hope someone can help me out here:

Just assembled the front portion of my 710, and noticed that the front ball diff is slightly loose...i can move it about 1mm side to side. Tried adjusting everything again, but still the same.

And also, when i spin the mid pulley, the belt on the front ball diff pulley looks like its gonna fall off the side, its sitting too near the edge. Is this normal?

Thanks.
Old 04-29-2004, 06:49 PM
Tech Prophet

Default Re: Re: Re: 710 CVD,s ????

Originally posted by Car Breaker
I think 3racing CVD should be ok, i have them on my G4 and i crash it many times , only one has slight bent , but their QC is just so so wish you luck buying them ( i buy 3 pair and only 2 pair can be use )
Ummm, I'm just hoping that their quality is better than the ones made for the Mugen...
Old 04-29-2004, 06:54 PM
Tech Prophet

Default Re: help

Originally posted by Devil666
Just assembled the front portion of my 710, and noticed that the front ball diff is slightly loose...i can move it about 1mm side to side. Tried adjusting everything again, but still the same.
I had this problem in the rear and someone noticed this for me when I was in Thailand !

Did you check if the bearing and the eccentric cam were put in place properly? Left is for left and right for right side? I got mine mixed up (left to right and right to left) and that made the ball diff in the rear move sideways. Check that first.

Originally posted by Devil666
And also, when i spin the mid pulley, the belt on the front ball diff pulley looks like its gonna fall off the side, its sitting too near the edge. Is this normal?
Yes, the front belt is very near the edge of the front diff pulley. But as the front diff should not move from side to side, it should be ok.
Old 04-29-2004, 06:59 PM
Tech Prophet

Default Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Radio

Was there last week, missed you at TT by a whisker on Sunday. Was drenched by the time I walked from the track to the car!
Last Sunday? I was only there on Saturday morning to 3 pm. Was in S2 on Sunday.

Anyway, shops seemed to whine about the slow cash-flow. You need to buymore stuff from ol' Thomas!
And you need to buy more loot to ship it where you are ! I'm jealous. The British pound is too strong !
Old 04-29-2004, 07:00 PM
Tech Prophet

Originally posted by PUNISHER
Are these CVD's are made for front and rear or just fronts??
They should be for front and rear. They are the same length for the 710 right? But I think it's pointless installing it in the rear.
Old 04-29-2004, 07:01 PM
Tech Prophet

Default Re: Re: Re: 710 CVD,s ????

Originally posted by KevinS
I wont lose my dogbones unless my car meets an experienced bass that knows how to chew up fishing wire.
That's a good tip Kevin.
Old 04-29-2004, 07:05 PM
Tech Addict

Default Re: Re: help

Originally posted by InitialD
I had this problem in the rear and someone noticed this for me when I was in Thailand !

Did you check if the bearing and the eccentric cam were put in place properly? Left is for left and right for right side? I got mine mixed up (left to right and right to left) and that made the ball diff in the rear move sideways. Check that first.
Oh no, i didnt notice that the eccentric cam has a left and right? Must have gotten them mixed up! Will check that. Thanks!!!
Old 04-29-2004, 07:38 PM

Item you should be looking for,

SER-802235 Spacer Steering block & upright,

Introducing these aluminium spacers for between the axle bearings in both the steering blocks and rear uprights. For use with the Serpent 710, these lightweight spacers help bring both bearings together as one stronger unit. This distributes the cornering pressure evenly between both bearings thus prolonging bearing life.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.