Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Serpent 710

Search this Thread

Old 03-27-2004, 11:09 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Mark, thanks for the pdf file. Usually i have to scroll back few pages of this thread to find answer of which i knew someone had mentioned ...but now, i only have to refer the pdf printout. thanks. any latest news on D appearance...or something like that

If only u can put pictures inside the serpent 710 faq pdf...hmmm intersting...deserve some $$$ there.
Old 03-27-2004, 11:18 PM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by jfc_tech
Mark, thanks for the pdf file. Usually i have to scroll back few pages of this thread to find answer of which i knew someone had mentioned ...but now, i only have to refer the pdf printout. thanks. any latest news on D appearance...or something like that

If only u can put pictures inside the serpent 710 faq pdf...hmmm intersting...deserve some $$$ there.
Thanks No further news on the location of "D" - from the look of his Avatar, looks like he dissapered up his own.......

We'll have to rely on our Spy to give further hints of his appearence and whereabouts!

Sow&Steady has provided some web space for the FAQ, so now I'm not limited to only 200k Bytes, it is now possible to add some pictures to the doc - but unless you have a good printer it may not print out so good.
When I get time, I'll look into doing a V2 document with pictures. Next big release will be the cleaning up of gramatical and spelling mistakes. Just waiting for a rainy day
Old 03-27-2004, 11:33 PM
Tech Champion

I think this weekend, D will be very busy competing in our local race(well, actually their local race )[we same country, different state...bordered by big sea only ]
I assume he gonna try some big setup on the 710 and hopefully he'll be bringing us good news...like A main champion trophy this time ...
ok, ok, D...enoughlah to get B main champion this time...go go go make us proud.
Old 03-27-2004, 11:36 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally posted by Marcos.S710
or these if you have an on-road car!!
What the .... RAIN TIRES??? this is a little bit new to me... I will have servos and electrics in the car that is worth around ~$200-~$250 even with the greatest waterproofing and fuel proofing, and with an engine that may not get up to temp on the track, there is no way you will get me on the track. Why would you? how do the cars run? dont they slide around because of the slick foam?
Old 03-27-2004, 11:55 PM
Tech Champion

Originally posted by Marcos.S710
or these if you have an on-road car!!
check this out. I used during my recent final. i predicted rain will fall, so i just trued the tires like this. cool effect...
i should have won my final (rain only starts the last 10 minutes) ...i was leading while the rest engine died...left only 3 cars on the track...suddenly the race director stop when only left 1'45''. the rain was too heavy he said! ..end up 3rd(based on qualifying result!)

Attached Thumbnails Serpent 710-tiretrued.jpg  
Old 03-28-2004, 12:22 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

does anyone have an M18? I got one last week; it is still in its box, but i want to make it fast enough to run with a stock electric touting car
Old 03-28-2004, 12:55 AM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by Profoxcg
does anyone have an M18? I got one last week; it is still in its box, but i want to make it fast enough to run with a stock electric touting car
A guy at my club has one - with the standard motor (180, I think) it was pretty tame - then he put in a 300 motor and it was impossible to drive - like being on ice But he just needed to use tyre compound to get the grip back - then it was nearly as fast as my Surikarn!! with the standard set up. With a good setup you'll get as quick as a 1/10th TC.
Old 03-28-2004, 02:47 AM
Tech Elite

I think this weekend, D will be very busy competing in our local race(well, actually their local race )[we same country, different state...bordered by big sea only ]
I assume he gonna try some big setup on the 710 and hopefully he'll be bringing us good news...like A main champion trophy this time ...
ok, ok, D...enoughlah to get B main champion this time...go go go make us proud.
jfc, where is the race, in Penang or KL?
Old 03-28-2004, 02:55 AM
Tech Champion

Originally posted by Sow&Steady
jfc, where is the race, in Penang or KL?
Penang
Old 03-28-2004, 03:01 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally posted by BaxterC
What the .... RAIN TIRES??? this is a little bit new to me... I will have servos and electrics in the car that is worth around ~$200-~$250 even with the greatest waterproofing and fuel proofing, and with an engine that may not get up to temp on the track, there is no way you will get me on the track. Why would you? how do the cars run? dont they slide around because of the slick foam?
Not with Kisslings strapped on. They are foam tires with belts of rubber pulled on real tight like a cap. Grip is real good. Elligi Aqua's are also real good in damp conditions and Pits D20 slicks actually work better on a slick greasy track than they do in the dry.

No reason not ot run in the wet. We do it most weekends . Like I mentioned a few posts back, a couple of balloons, a lot of red candle wax and silcone sealer will keep you totally waterproof. You can even get special waterproof jackets for your Tx allow we find a simple plastic bag and clothes peg does the same job

Although it restricts the power a bit an INS box on the carb airfilter will help protect the engine. But then who needs all that power on a wet track anyway.
Old 03-28-2004, 03:04 AM
Tech Champion

Marcos.S710 and Mark:
JFYI, added yer site to my ever under construction website in the chosen links.jfc_tech website
Old 03-28-2004, 03:57 AM
Tech Regular

Default Universal joint update!

I found an article that may clarify some things I failed to explain in the right manner in previous posts. (What can I say, I'm not teacher material )

http://www.indexgear.co.uk/hooke's_theory.htm
Old 03-28-2004, 07:06 AM
Tech Initiate

Originally posted by B
Serpent Kai is available:

http://www.kmodels-kai.com/nitro-kai-top-right.htm
Are there any online shops that carry this kit?
Old 03-28-2004, 07:17 AM
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 239 (100%+)

Marcos.S710 and Mark:
JFYI, added yer site to my ever under construction website in the chosen links.jfc_tech website
nice pictures!!!
Old 03-28-2004, 08:00 AM
Tech Elite

Default Re: Universal joint update!

Originally posted by KevinS
I found an article that may clarify some things I failed to explain in the right manner in previous posts. (What can I say, I'm not teacher material )

http://www.indexgear.co.uk/hooke's_theory.htm
Nice article!

I think you asked for the term used to describe the SIN waveform? Anyway, its called Sinusoidal Pattern/Waveform.

Ignore if someone has already answered your question.

Cheers, Mark.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.