Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Serpent 710

Search this Thread

Old 03-24-2004, 11:25 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Just put my first gear ont the shaft with the oneway bearing and it wobbles as well? I tightened the three screws in stages for both gears. What do I do next?
Old 03-24-2004, 11:47 PM
Tech Prophet

Originally posted by SupermaxxRich
Almost done my car! I went to slide the second gear onto the shaft. I gave it a spin and it wobbles? Is it suppost to wobble? I have both bearings seated fully. Let me know what I should do here. Thanks.
How is it that it wobbles when both the oneway bearing and the 2nd speed hub carrier slides on shaft with it's bearings secured? Can you see if the spur gears are wobbled or the aluminum oneway bearing / 2nd speed aluminum hub that is wobbling?

A picture of your problem would help us understand better.
Old 03-25-2004, 12:01 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

If I just install the second gear carrier it wobbles. It seems that the actual plastic gear itself is wobbling right from where the 6x13 bearing is. If I look on the other side where the 6x10 bearing is and I look right in the centre it seems to run true. So I'm guessing its the plastic gear that is warped?
Then if I slide the 2 speed shoes on and spin them they run true. Then once I slide the 1st gear onto the shaft and spin it, it wobbles. I took a closer look just now and it seems that the actual aluminum piece that fits over the oneway bearing is wobbling causing the whole plastic gear to wobble. Does this make sense to you guys? What do I do now?
Old 03-25-2004, 12:51 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally posted by SupermaxxRich
If I just install the second gear carrier it wobbles. It seems that the actual plastic gear itself is wobbling right from where the 6x13 bearing is. If I look on the other side where the 6x10 bearing is and I look right in the centre it seems to run true. So I'm guessing its the plastic gear that is warped?
Then if I slide the 2 speed shoes on and spin them they run true. Then once I slide the 1st gear onto the shaft and spin it, it wobbles. I took a closer look just now and it seems that the actual aluminum piece that fits over the oneway bearing is wobbling causing the whole plastic gear to wobble. Does this make sense to you guys? What do I do now?
Damn!! another perfectionis in this thread...
Check and repeat step 7.3
But now, check for the flushing present on the spur(mine is just fine) Tighten 3 (G10) screw evently and really tight, dont stripped the phillips head. Most of wobbles cause by the flange V5 bearing and nothing to do with the 6x13 one.
Find flat piece of iron/steel, wide enough to cover outside of the flange bearing and hit with back of your driver sparingly. And Good Luck ! if it only 1/2 minute left and right woobles, should be ok. If more than that, find another spur.
For 1st spur, dont worry to much. The radial tolerance for 1 way bearing is already big, so we cant do anything about it.
Old 03-25-2004, 01:20 AM
Tech Master

Default Re: Rule #4

Originally posted by clmbia45
Julius, my old flying instructor would add rule # 4:

Don't worry son,
flying at night is just like the daytime...

except you can't see anything.
Would that be the same guy that on a dark night was flying his girl around around in a Cessna. He wants to impress her and calls the tower for landing clearance and says:"Hia tower! Guess who". The tower replies by switching off the runway lights and says: "Guess where!!!"
Old 03-25-2004, 01:33 AM
Tech Fanatic

Default Re: Re: Rule #4

Originally posted by Julius
Would that be the same guy that on a dark night was flying his girl around around in a Cessna. He wants to impress her and calls the tower for landing clearance and says:"Hia tower! Guess who". The tower replies by switching off the runway lights and says: "Guess where!!!"
Lets hope the Serpent Tower didnt do that..
"Guess what!!!" (j/k)
Old 03-25-2004, 02:16 AM
Tech Regular

Anen't those 3racing... things... universals and not CVD's? There is a difference...

And to stay on topic:

Pilot over the intercom:
"Ladies and gentlemen, I have some good news and some bad news. The good news is that the lightning impact has only caused one engine to fail. The bad news is that this is a single engine airplane."
Old 03-25-2004, 02:37 AM
Tech Master

Originally posted by KevinS
And to stay on topic:

Pilot over the intercom:
"Ladies and gentlemen, I have some good news and some bad news. The good news is that the lightning impact has only caused one engine to fail. The bad news is that this is a single engine airplane."

4 engined planes are more dangerout than 2 engined ones.
You have twice as much chance of an engine failure....
Old 03-25-2004, 02:43 AM
Tech Elite

4 engined planes are more dangerout than 2 engined ones.
You have twice as much chance of an engine failure....
Really off topic now, but, Julius, how often do lightning strikes occur? I was coming into land in Nuremberg when the plane was hit by lightning - made a noise like the plane had been hit with a big hammer - scared the shit out of me!!! I just kept watching the propellors, thinking "keep turning, just keep turning"
Old 03-25-2004, 03:08 AM
Tech Master

Originally posted by markp27
Really off topic now, but, Julius, how often do lightning strikes occur? I was coming into land in Nuremberg when the plane was hit by lightning - made a noise like the plane had been hit with a big hammer - scared the shit out of me!!! I just kept watching the propellors, thinking "keep turning, just keep turning"
I've had two lightning strikes in 10 years of flying. As we normally try to stay away from thunderstorms, lightning strikes are not very common. But they do help getting the blood flowing
Old 03-25-2004, 03:12 AM
Tech Elite

I've had two lightning strikes in 10 years of flying. As we normally try to stay away from thunderstorms, lightning strikes are not very common. But they do help getting the blood flowing
WOW! I didn't realise they were so rare! But you're right, it certainly got my blood flowing!!
Old 03-25-2004, 03:14 AM
Tech Fanatic

Gee whizz, I can imagine. I wanted to go to the airforce, ALL my life I wanted to, but then my eyes got a little bad and that was it... no chance for me, maybe one day I will fly, but not too soon. I will drive my 710 instead... I will place my order tomorrow!!! I CANT WAIT... I have an order of about $1030 waiting...
Old 03-25-2004, 03:18 AM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by BaxterC
Gee whizz, I can imagine. I wanted to go to the airforce, ALL my life I wanted to, but then my eyes got a little bad and that was it... no chance for me, maybe one day I will fly, but not too soon. I will drive my 710 instead... I will place my order tomorrow!!! I CANT WAIT... I have an order of about $1030 waiting...
The cost of the 710 isn't much when compared to what else you spend!!!!
Old 03-25-2004, 03:26 AM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by markp27
WOW! I didn't realise they were so rare! But you're right, it certainly got my blood flowing!!
If that were me, it's likely there would be more than blood flowing.
Old 03-25-2004, 03:38 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally posted by Taylor-Racing
If that were me, it's likely there would be more than blood flowing.
Well... <<sniff... sniff...>> son.... this aint chocolate.... Sorry joking...

The 710 is a small component, I am buying a full set of hudy tools, a servo, a few option parts and a few other things...

SWEET!!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.