Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally posted by cyba888
sorry...forgot
http://home.tiscali.be/be067749/58/
cool link. thanks mate.
Old 03-24-2004, 12:46 AM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by Julius
Any landing after which you can use the plane again is a great landing!
So we know the first two items which KLM taught you on your course:

1) Don't hit the ground
2) Make a landing so that the plane can be used again afterwards

What's the third thing you learnt on the course?
Old 03-24-2004, 01:10 AM
Tech Master

Originally posted by markp27
So we know the first two items which KLM taught you on your course:

1) Don't hit the ground
2) Make a landing so that the plane can be used again afterwards

What's the third thing you learnt on the course?
That must have been: if you push the stick, the trees get bigger, if you pull they get smaller. Except if you're upside down....
Old 03-24-2004, 01:45 AM
Tech Apprentice

Originally posted by InitialD
Perhaps it's a different brown material but if I take the description of the XP clutch shoe (6587XP) from the Centax I / II clutch shoes, it reads like this;

"This black centax clutch shoe is made from a new material that gives you more ‘punch’ on acceleration. Although, due to the nature of the material used on the XP (xtra performance) clutch shoe, you sacrifice longevity, the extra power gained is worth it."

I would interpret that the material used on the XP shoes are softer and hence have more grabbing effect on the clutchbell... But of course, I may be wrong again !
But my experience ith 705 is that brown shoe will bring a more responsive centax.
Old 03-24-2004, 01:53 AM
Tech Apprentice

Originally posted by BaxterC
Sorry, I think they are the 5x3 or something, one needs to put them into the shock with the o ring to compress the o ring to cause it to seal better and prevent it from leaking, it was mentioned about 100 pages back, but it has become too time consuming looking that far back. Do you know what I am talkingh about with regard to the shim?
I am not sure, but maybe xray 308071 will work.
Attached Thumbnails Serpent 710-xray_shims.jpg  
Old 03-24-2004, 01:54 AM
Tech Elite

That must have been: if you push the stick, the trees get bigger, if you pull they get smaller. Except if you're upside down....
And I suppose they mentioned that you can tell when your upside down when
a) The sky is fully of trees
and
b) You here lots of screaming

KLM give some really handy hints for you pilots!
Old 03-24-2004, 01:57 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally posted by jfc_tech
cool link. thanks mate.
np
Old 03-24-2004, 02:35 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 14 (94%+)

How about not to use aileron after the plane has landed?

When I was flying ultralights I saw a guy wreck his better than I have crashed an RC. Tail dragger, landed but still a fair amount of ground speed, tried to correct a little drift with his stick not his rudder. One wing lifted, he panicked and over corrected, almost cartwheeling down the runway until he fully lost it and struck a tree stump of the side of the strip.

He walked away, but the plane never flew again.
Old 03-24-2004, 06:45 AM
Tech Adept

Originally posted by BaxterC
does anyone know where I can get the sound of a nitro engine in wav format, preferably revving or blipping?
might be a bit late and not in .wav format but try...
http://www.people.cornell.edu/pages/slp29/insane.html.

It'll leave you
Old 03-24-2004, 07:32 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

so can onyone tell me how to tell a highspeed pipe from a low speed (torque) pipe?
Old 03-24-2004, 07:33 AM
Tech Master

Thumbs up Pinions

is anyone running optional pinions on their car ... are they available?
Old 03-24-2004, 07:53 AM
Tech Master

Default My race day on Sunday 03-21

Well, it was my first time racing my 710. My first time racing nitro !!
(no more mini-z for me hehe)

So I got to the track at 11am, and I began to fix the lower A-arm I broke on practice. I noticed that my rims had a very slight bend and was damaging the knuckles (do you guys have this problem too?)

so I bought new tires for the front and I was ready to race. My first qualifier was good, I ran out of fuel two laps before the end of the race just like everyone else, we took toooo long to take off, but it was a good "practice round" I flipped once by hittin a wall thanks to the famous push coming out of the corners the 710 has.

I must say it was anoying at time, but it was manageble for the most part. I just has to slow it down a bit. (I will play with the roll center in the front next time - I will lower it and keep the rear normal)

The second qualifier was awseome, I qualified 3rd for the main, main B. I had no accident I dont think, but at the end my car was sliding because I manages to loose a rear spring tensioner cup (the piece that hold the spring from the bottom) I just fought the push and drift.

By the time the main came around, I changed springs but I did not have time to play with the anti roll bar in the rear wich could have helped my alot with the put problem as a quick fix. I took a practice lap and crashed an my left nuckle came off from the bottom pivot ball. I did not get to start on time, I got on the track 3 seconds behind. I managed to get up to the first for a while. I came in to fuel twice. Then I had to bring the car is for a quick check up and while my pit guys was looking at it quickly, the car shut off. I decided to take it off the race for a few minutes. I fixed some wires quickly and got back to race, by this time I was in fourth possition. I began to gain up in people passed a few cars trying to get back to my possition, then after a turn my LEFT tyre came loose....

and that was the end of my main B racing. the main continued for a nother 4 mins or so, but I have had my fun already. I was told to used thread lock on the wheels?? (any comments?)

I am concerned that my car didnt track straight after I changed the bent rim and had to play with the trim 40R for it to drive straing whereas before it drove straight at -0-

do you guys think that I may have messed up the servo , or do you think the knuckles need to be changed sinde the tyres has bubbed into them an made indentations? I posted a picture of this yesterday please take a look at it.

Attache is my car before the race, - not it does look as pretty haha. some of my body is missing in the front. - I was told not to fall in love with the bodies.

a friend of mine brought out a new Maza 6, just painted. by the end of the day hi body looked a couple of weeks old. paint missing and everything.

cheers! I cant wait till sunday again this hobby kicks ass !
Attached Thumbnails Serpent 710-710_astra-front-copy.jpg  
Old 03-24-2004, 07:54 AM
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 239 (100%+)
Default Re: My race dad on Sunday 03-21

Originally posted by Profoxcg
Well, it was my first time racing my 710. My first time racing nitro !!
(no more mini-z for me hehe)

So I got to the track at 11am, and I began to fix the lower A-arm I broke on practice. I noticed that my rims had a very slight bend and was damaging the knuckles (do you guys have this problem too?)

so I bought new tires for the front and I was ready to race. My first qualifier was good, I ran out of fuel two laps before the end of the race just like everyone else, we took toooo long to take off, but it was a good "practice round" I flipped once by hittin a wall thanks to the famous push coming out of the corners the 710 has.

I must say it was anoying at time, but it was manageble for the most part. I just has to slow it down a bit. (I will play with the roll center in the front next time - I will lower it and keep the rear normal)

The second qualifier was awseome, I qualified 3rd for the main, main B. I had no accident I dont think, but at the end my car was sliding because I manages to loose a rear spring tensioner cup (the piece that hold the spring from the bottom) I just fought the push and drift.

By the time the main came around, I changed springs but I did not have time to play with the anti roll bar in the rear wich could have helped my alot with the put problem as a quick fix. I took a practice lap and crashed an my left nuckle came off from the bottom pivot ball. I did not get to start on time, I got on the track 3 seconds behind. I managed to get up to the first for a while. I came in to fuel twice. Then I had to bring the car is for a quick check up and while my pit guys was looking at it quickly, the car shut off. I decided to take it off the race for a few minutes. I fixed some wires quickly and got back to race, by this time I was in fourth possition. I began to gain up in people passed a few cars trying to get back to my possition, then after a turn my LEFT tyre came loose....

and that was the end of my main B racing. the main continued for a nother 4 mins or so, but I have had my fun already. I was told to used thread lock on the wheels?? (any comments?)

I am concerned that my car didnt track straight after I changed the bent rim and had to play with the trim 40R for it to drive straing whereas before it drove straight at -0-

do you guys think that I may have messed up the servo , or do you think the knuckles need to be changed sinde the tyres has bubbed into them an made indentations? I posted a picture of this yesterday please take a look at it.

Attache is my car before the race, - not it does look as pretty haha. some of my body is missing in the front. - I was told not to fall in love with the bodies.

a friend of mine brought out a new Maza 6, just painted. by the end of the day hi body looked a couple of weeks old. paint missing and everything.

cheers! I cant wait till sunday again this hobby kicks ass !
what caster are you running?
Old 03-24-2004, 07:58 AM
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 239 (100%+)
Default Re: Pinions

Originally posted by Profoxcg
is anyone running optional pinions on their car ... are they available?
im running the stock pinions and the MEG2184 pipe with novarossi motor and i have plenty of top end power.
Old 03-24-2004, 07:59 AM
Tech Master

What caster are you running?
As per the manual... 8* I think ?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.