Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Serpent 710

Search this Thread

Old 03-15-2004, 11:24 PM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by InitialD
Clouded your vision has the darkside made you !
You know it lah!
Old 03-15-2004, 11:25 PM
Tech Elite

I am actually curious with regards to the rear sway bar setting that Julius mentioned in his setup posted on mytsn. He used the inner hole on the rear bottom arm instead of the stock outer position. Also used a much harder rear sway bar setting (mounted on the center of the bar) with no front anti roll bars...
Sounds like he likes a loose rear end, with lots of turn in.
Old 03-15-2004, 11:46 PM
Tech Fanatic

Clouded my vision the dark side has...

Guys, I know this has been addressed before... please could you once again put up the optional spring colours as I want to buy the whole set and play with it... but me at work and a little short on time, Solly all, please include the springs that come in da box... as I will order what is on the list... May the FORCE (of serpent) be with us...
Old 03-15-2004, 11:48 PM
Tech Prophet

Default Re: assembly question

Ooophs... I missed this one.

Originally posted by cox049
But been 190 pages long sometimes I'm tempted to ask a question that may have been discussed 10 times...
No worries. Just ask. Wost thing that can happen is we'll direct you to the 710 FAQ that Obi-Mark-Kenobee has compiled !

Originally posted by cox049
When assembling the rear suspension and snapping the steel balls in the lower track rods, one of them ended out with a good fit and the other with a loose fit… a bit too much for my taste.
Look at the plastic ball cup joints carefully. One has an initial diameter that is smaller than the other. The steel balls should go into the larger initial inner hole. They will fit nicely.

If you're in doubt if the quality of the plastic ball cup joint is suspect, then get it as a spare (1660). They come in a pack of 20 pieces which you could use as spares for the rest of the car when the other plastic ball cup joints wear out.
Old 03-15-2004, 11:52 PM
Tech Fanatic

Fast you are dee... the force is strong with you, but the darkside has you...
Old 03-15-2004, 11:53 PM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by cow buster
Oops, wrong to talk to IniD full of venomous slitering things At the local track it is the snakes that gets a beating
Hahaha...are you sure?

Most snakes have to slow down just to pace along...
Old 03-15-2004, 11:54 PM
Tech Prophet

Originally posted by BaxterC
Guys, I know this has been addressed before... please could you once again put up the optional spring colours as I want to buy the whole set and play with it...
Orange (909414), White (909415), Yellow (909416), Red (909417) and Blue (909418). Stock that comes in the kit is Yellow (909416). Be careful not to get the springs from Veteq as they have similar colour springs and pretty similar part numbers.

Also, if you look in the setup booklet (if you've downloaded the PDF file), you will see on page 19 listing all the shock springs available.

Note that new optional shock springs would be available from Serpent very soon.
Old 03-15-2004, 11:57 PM
Tech Prophet

Originally posted by crashed_1
Most snakes have to slow down just to pace along...
Ya man ! Remember my engine would bog down pretty bad as if it had a chokeful of fuel in the combustion chamber as I had to wait at the side for so long for him to catch up?
Old 03-16-2004, 12:00 AM
Tech Fanatic

better, thank you... I will wait for the new ones rather... Where do you get this info from?
Old 03-16-2004, 12:04 AM
Tech Fanatic

Talking

some of the serpent drivers are being paid a rather large sum of money to run at a 'bad' setup on the small racedays by all the 'competition'(if you can call them that coz they are so ssslllooowww) so that their entries dont look so bad...
Old 03-16-2004, 12:12 AM
Tech Prophet

better, thank you... I will wait for the new ones rather... Where do you get this info from?
The new ones are just additions to the current ones I believe. The purple spring will be harder than the blue spring. Don't know if you need that on the 710.

From mytsn of course and the man himself, Mr. Pieter Bervoets !
Old 03-16-2004, 12:23 AM
Tech Fanatic

I am actually curious with regards to the rear sway bar setting that Julius mentioned in his setup posted on mytsn. He used the inner hole on the rear bottom arm instead of the stock outer position. Also used a much harder rear sway bar setting (mounted on the center of the bar) with no front anti roll bars...
To me , that is lack of front traction but corrected with reducing rear traction.
But lets hear what Julius will said.
Old 03-16-2004, 12:40 AM
Tech Fanatic

I am looking for some optional parts but I need a well priced on-line shop that sells them around the world,

9606 (only serpent, not another manufacturer)
9612 (Does this fit on 710)
Pro Driveshafts and cup thingies...
Old 03-16-2004, 12:53 AM
Tech Prophet

9612 (Does this fit on 710)
Nope. That fits the 1/8th scale brothers if I'm not mistaken.

Pro Driveshafts and cup thingies...
For the PRO driveshafts (front and rear), you can use Serpent Impact / 835 front dogbones (808220). You need 2 pairs since a pack will only consist 2 dogbones (1 pair).

For the PRO Hudy springsteel wheelaxles (front and rear), you can use the Impulse PRO / 705 front wheelaxles (801214). You also need 2 pairs.

Have you checked http://www.rc-mushroom.com? What about http://shop.the-border.nl ?

I know that RCCarinternational will have them.
Old 03-16-2004, 12:54 AM
Tech Master

Default Re: Julius' Wing?

Originally posted by markp27
Julius, what was the wing you were using in your setup - can't find a reference to it on the mytsn site.

Also saw from the www.serpent.at site, there is a couple of new bodies coming out:

170022 Stratus FRW + wing
170023 Loletta

I can guess what the Lolita, ehm , I mean Loletta is, but what is this FRW thing?

Cheers, Mark.
The wing is from our Volvo body.
The Stratus FRW is a Stratus 2 but made by Frewer. It's very close to the Protoform Stratus in looks and handling. As Protoform stopped making the Stratus tis is an alternative.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.