Serpent 710

Old 11-15-2003, 08:28 AM
Tech Master

Originally posted by InitialD
I'm actually very close to getting the setup I need on a very small tight track meant for electric cars with my Impulse PRO/705 and a front solid axle setup. I'm able to do quick S bend chicanes quite effortlessly. Just need to train the hand behind the Tx.
I will vouch for that ... he was the man on the track ... funny bit was when the tire got stuck under the fence ... hehehe ... that track has a habit of chewing up cars!
Old 11-15-2003, 08:29 AM
Tech Prophet

Originally posted by Rene C.
The car will come with the standard springs (not the long one).
Would you think there's problem if one was to use the Veteq version springs on the 710? Any expected performance difference?
Old 11-15-2003, 08:30 AM
Tech Prophet

Originally posted by fastharry
Do you feel the rear suspension will hold up to the hits it will take,without breaking,or tweaking?.....
I'm actually worried about the rear shock tower. The fact that the body post relies on the shock tower gives me the creaps...
Old 11-15-2003, 08:31 AM
Tech Adept

Having the adjustable roll center feature on the front and rear of the car enables one to adjust the roll centers of the car accordingly !

Lower roll center (further away from the CG) permits the car to roll more. This means more grip on that end where the roll center is low. But more grip can mean more sluggish.

Higher roll center (nearer towards the CG) will resist the part of the car from rolling. This can mean lesser grip but can also mean the car can react faster in and out of corners.
Thanks for clearing that up for me InitialD
Old 11-15-2003, 08:35 AM
Tech Apprentice

Would you think there's problem if one was to use the Veteq version springs on the 710? Any expected performance difference?
There will be no problem.
But be careful, because a blue (rear) veteq spring is only a little harder then a yellow normal spring.
Old 11-15-2003, 08:36 AM
Tech Prophet

Originally posted by tIANcI
funny bit was when the tire got stuck under the fence ...
That was the first time I "rubbed" against the fence. All I could say was "oh my poor bodyshell or what's left of it" The second time the FC steering knuckle popped out of the pivot balls on both up and down. Both times was not hard though.
Old 11-15-2003, 08:40 AM
Tech Prophet

But be careful, because a blue (rear) veteq spring is only a little harder then a yellow normal spring.
Cool. Thanks for this new info ! Didn't know that the Blue Veteq was just a little harder than the normal yellow... What about the Veteq red? Which stiffness do they fit in?

Perhaps, you could give us an estimated rundown on the difference of springs (Veteq vs normal) and their different colours from hardest to softest if possible.
Old 11-15-2003, 08:42 AM
Tech Master

That was the first time I "rubbed" against the fence. All I could say was "oh my poor bodyshell or what's left of it" The second time the FC steering knuckle popped out of the pivot balls on both up and down. Both times was not hard though.
The problem about the fence is that they removed wooden barriers we usually set under the fence to stop the wheels from jamming. As for your body shell ... let's say the car is now an open wheel single seater!!!

Hey you dare say that the shunt was not hard and the knuckle popped out? And you will always taunt me about that happening to my Mugen!
Old 11-15-2003, 08:45 AM
Tech Apprentice

Cool. Thanks for this new info ! Didn't know that the Blue Veteq was just a little harder than the normal yellow... What about the Veteq red? Which stiffness do they fit in?

Perhaps, you could give us an estimated rundown on the difference of springs (Veteq vs normal) and their different colours from hardest to softest if possible.
It's simple. Veteq springs are always nearly 2 steps (colours) softer then standard springs.
So when you use a white veteq spring it’s softer than a orange standard spring.
Old 11-15-2003, 08:51 AM
Tech Adept

Default 710 on Rubber Tyres

Can anyone from Serpent comment whether the 710 has been tried on rubber tyres, unfortunately for us Serpent racers in the UK the rubber class is by far the biggest which hasn't traditionally been a Serpent playing field, it would be nice to know that the 710 will be more competitive than the Impulse Pro/705 on rubber tyres with the solid axle or front ball diff.
Old 11-15-2003, 08:57 AM
Tech Elite

Mark, I think you should do a service to your club's website... Give them a stunning pic which your track so deserves !!
I'll have to wait until I get my D1 back, but I'll do it

Until then, my fav pic of the year - the body doesn't do the pic any favours, but I'm still a better photographer than body builder
Attached Thumbnails Serpent 710-dodges.jpg  
Old 11-15-2003, 09:17 AM
Tech Prophet

It's simple. Veteq springs are always nearly 2 steps (colours) softer then standard springs.
So when you use a white veteq spring it’s softer than a orange standard spring.
Woow, learn something new everyday ! Thanks.
Old 11-15-2003, 09:18 AM
Tech Prophet

Originally posted by markp27
Until then, my fav pic of the year - the body doesn't do the pic any favours, but I'm still a better photographer than body builder
Just noticed something from that pic... Was that pic taken when the car had the Impact front dogbones? The front tires looked a little wide.
Old 11-15-2003, 09:34 AM
Tech Elite

Just noticed something from that pic... Was that pic taken when the car had the Impact front dogbones? The front tires looked a little wide.
One can't hide anything from Ninja Master InitialD
Old 11-15-2003, 09:38 AM
Tech Apprentice

Default Re: 710 on Rubber Tyres

Originally posted by Diesel Racer
Can anyone from Serpent comment whether the 710 has been tried on rubber tyres, unfortunately for us Serpent racers in the UK the rubber class is by far the biggest which hasn't traditionally been a Serpent playing field, it would be nice to know that the 710 will be more competitive than the Impulse Pro/705 on rubber tyres with the solid axle or front ball diff.
Hi Diesel Racer!

To be honest, we never tried the 710 on rubber tyres. But we are getting some good tyres from UK soon. So then we can tryļ.
I have no experience to drive on rubber tyres. The only thing I know, that the car should be good in balance. And the 710 is good in balance. So I¡¦m pretty sure that it will work well.
I know, that it is very important for UK to have a good car on rubber tyres but this is not an international racing class. So for us testing with foam tyres was more important. With rubber tyres we even don¡¦t know witch tyres are good, so we would start from begin. Now we use the knowledge from a UK driver to get the right stuff. We keep going.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.