Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Serpent 710

Search this Thread

Old 03-10-2004, 05:40 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally posted by BaxterC
Hey Cyba... Thank you, I was going for it, as I know the brand and it is obvious that novarossi will try to get the most, but I wanted another opinion, so thank you, my mind is made up. I have a dog just like the one in the picture, but he is all black and a cross, but he looks all rotti. Get this, his name is Bruce, he is still young and a bit clumsy, although he is a year already.
Well my Dog is almost 9 years old. Had him since he was 2 months old. Brought him back to Taiwan with me so he's probably hating life right now because he doesnt have a back yard to play with anymore
Old 03-10-2004, 05:53 AM
Tech Fanatic

I am sure you take him for a walk everyday though... we had to get a place with a rather large garden, but I suppose 90% of the places here have gardens.
Old 03-10-2004, 06:08 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally posted by BaxterC
I am sure you take him for a walk everyday though... we had to get a place with a rather large garden, but I suppose 90% of the places here have gardens.
I walk him 3 times a day. But it is a pain to take him out so often but I guess you get used to it. Here's the funny part, I have also 2 Chihuahuas living with me...its my girlfriends dogs haha. Talk about animal farm
Old 03-10-2004, 06:10 AM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by InitialD
You want me to crash test it? Ask crashed_1. He's a crash pilot. Formerly works for AE !
Old 03-10-2004, 06:11 AM
Tech Elite

You want me to crash test it? Ask crashed_1. He's a crash pilot. Formerly works for AE !
Since D has got a new shocktower, i'll try "crashing" into his rear and see if it's tough or not...

Old 03-10-2004, 06:12 AM
Tech Fanatic

Well, sounds like a bit of a farm, but one needs the extra love once in a while... 3x a day, then he isn't unhappy!!!
Old 03-10-2004, 06:14 AM
Tech Fanatic

God morning crashed_1, Welcome to serpent, may I get someone to take your bags... I heard someone talk of you earlier... would you like a drink? (In a posh sounding english accent). Would you like me to clean your car or rebuild the engine... Only joking...
Old 03-10-2004, 08:06 AM

Originally posted by clmbia45
The 9550 is fine for steering, and for throttle also. However, there is a chassis clearance problem with the 9550 used for steering (see prior discussions) as it is 1 mm thicker than the standard servos.
I believe there is still 0.5mm at least for chassis clearance on S710 using S9550 for steering.. otherwise I wont put mine

Yes, you are right.. it will not broke on impact, in fact, the serpent servo horn will I have friend who is using those sanwa WR? (the newest 13kg digital servo) on throttle and has burn 3 times. He set it quite tight I believe, but that's 13kg

Yes D, those shock tower are not 4mm as I mentioned since I tought the original is 3mm and the new one looks like having 1mm thicker.. You should get those new lightweight pulley aluminum adaptor/holder as well since you are quite Serpent freak not to mention for having the refference guide keep in the pocket all the time also
Old 03-10-2004, 09:54 AM
Tech Elite

Thumbs up Good service!

Just got the parts from Serpent which where missing from my kit - great and quick service! I had a couple of H11 screws missing aswell as an o-ring for the shocks and a throttle return spring.
The good guys at Serpent sent me 10 H11 screws, four o-rings and two throttle return springs! That's what I call service!
Old 03-10-2004, 10:59 AM
Tech Master

Originally posted by markp27
Well, you learn something everyday! What is the point in having a centre one-way when you have a front and rear
I bet those cars are awsome accelerating out of corners!! Just hope they never want ot brake
The center one way is to reduce the rotating mass a bit so the motor can spool up easier. I guess the thought process is that the belts running from the center to the diffs will still spin a little while coasting and the center belt will stop spinning with the motor. Then when you get on the throttle, you only have to start spinning the center belt and pulley from zero. You know how those electric guys try to wring every last bit of resistance out of the car.
Old 03-10-2004, 11:01 AM
Tech Prophet

Default Re: Good service!

Originally posted by markp27
The good guys at Serpent sent me 10 H11 screws, four o-rings and two throttle return springs! That's what I call service!
Either you bugged the hell out of Pieter or Serpent anticipates that you will be building more than one 710 !
Old 03-10-2004, 11:03 AM
Tech Prophet

Originally posted by Pyramid
not to mention for having the refference guide keep in the pocket all the time also
How did you know that? Jedi mind tricks?

Is there already a lighweight pulley adaptor available on the 710?
Old 03-10-2004, 11:04 AM
Tech Prophet

Originally posted by crashed_1
Since D has got a new shocktower, i'll try "crashing" into his rear and see if it's tough or not...
That is if you can catch me !
Old 03-10-2004, 11:13 AM
Tech Rookie

Hey guys im from the UK and im looking to buy the set that enables me to fit a Lola body to my 710! I have heard that you can trim stuff down and all but i dont like that at all! I have been told a kit is coming out over here in about a week or something but does anyone know when the ETA is?

Cheers!

>MRME<
Old 03-10-2004, 11:30 AM
Tech Elite

Default Re: Re: Good service!

Either you bugged the hell out of Pieter or Serpent anticipates that you will be building more than one 710 !
No, he knows I'm going to build another one

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.