Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Serpent 710

Search this Thread

Old 02-23-2004, 12:01 PM
Nitro Tech

Originally posted by cyba888
Hey what does part #802240 anti-roll bar levers +ecc do? Its mounted on the front right suspension arm, how does it actually work. Dino.tw showed it to me at the track and explained to me what it was but I need to get more precise info as to how to adjust it and all. Thanks for the tip Dino sorry my Mandarin sucks
http://www.mytsn.com/publ/publ.asp?pid=3523&exp=9&sn=2

You don't need to thank to me,you should thank Serpent. Many years ago when I still was a general player,I also learned a lot from them. No need to hide the truth. And...ProD,sorry! I steal your job...just kidding....
Old 02-23-2004, 04:55 PM
Tech Initiate

Very sexy car!!! I want mine!!! Probably be another month before I can afford to buy the car! Just got the Ultimate Hudy Setup System, two Hi-Tec Servo's one digital and the other analog and one Novak Synthesized reciever. Now just saving up for the car. Oh, also got the MIP Tweak Board and NS12S3.
Do you guys thing think the Digital servo I got for the steering has enough torque and speed? The specs are 94 oz/in at .13 sec.
Let me know what you think. If its not enough I'll get another servo Thanks

My answer:
My friend, if you can afford it, stay away from those hitec servos. Everyone of them I tried stopped centering after a few runs. They are economical, but don't have the performance! For the kind of car you plan to set-up, get KO's or Airtronics. These are the best servos.
My 2 cents!
Josh
Old 02-23-2004, 06:00 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

I wish I had known this before I bought them. Oh well, I guess I should have stayed with my gut instink and got Airtronic Servo's! Guess I'll just have to rebuy some servo's???
Old 02-23-2004, 06:17 PM
B
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

No, definitely you dont

stick with the servos you got, and if you feel that they are not good enough, then get new ones

give everything a try....you will save a lot of money that way
Old 02-23-2004, 06:24 PM

Originally posted by spawn
Hi guys, need some confirmation on who is correct about the DRS arm thing. This is from the here

or

Can you guys tell me which is right? this is not a test! coz I am trying to understand how the DRS thing works. Julius your comments? Thanks.
When the DRS ARMS is below level, you get more toe in when susp compresed. Maybe the guys reffering to the spacer that is below or above level, not the ARMS itself?
Old 02-23-2004, 07:21 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally posted by dino.tw
http://www.mytsn.com/publ/publ.asp?pid=3523&exp=9&sn=2

You don't need to thank to me,you should thank Serpent. Many years ago when I still was a general player,I also learned a lot from them. No need to hide the truth. And...ProD,sorry! I steal your job...just kidding....
Hey Dino thanks for the link. Ill see if I can adjust it correctly, if not then ill let you do the hard job for me next time I should be at the track this weekend
Old 02-23-2004, 08:14 PM
Tech Prophet

Default Re: Re: Spanish Championship

Originally posted by Thaasman
Is there a novamega KHM 2.1 allready available?????
Yes I think it is already available. But to only team drivers only.
Old 02-23-2004, 08:23 PM
Tech Elite

Thanks "B" like you said, better to give the servo's a try first and see how they are. If there garbage then I'll get new ones.
Just bought a Serpent 710!!!! $380 shipped to my door. Still unopened in the box. Now all I have left to buy are spare parts and lots of extra foam tires. I'm thinking I'll get 18 sets of tires! 9 front sets and 9 rear sets. A couple different compounds to try out. Plus I'll get spares of things like front bumper plates, hingepins, control arms, pillow balls, knuckles, belts, shock towers and dog bones. I should be completely ready to race by April!!!! This summer is going to be awesome! Talk you guys later...
Old 02-23-2004, 08:29 PM
Tech Prophet

No need to worry about stealing other people's job ! Everybody is welcomed to come here and steal and be stealed ! If there is one job I like to steal, it's yours !

Julius made a modification / simplification on how to mount the front sway bars and yet set the droop equal left and right. Check it out.

Connect the sway bar. Set droop using the screw for the right side of thesuspension only. Measure on the right side.

If the right side is correctly set for droop, use the cam of the sway bar to set left side droop. In theory the left side droop should be set a fraction lower to compensate for play in the sway bar (no more than 0.2mm so it's not really important).

Then by sliding the sway bar in it's holde disconnect the sway bar.

Now set the left side droop screw to the same droop as the right.

Reconnect the sway bar.

Now droop is equal and the sway bar is aligned. Use lifting method.

This is included in the FAQ Mark put up.
Old 02-23-2004, 08:33 PM
Tech Prophet

Originally posted by SupermaxxRich
I'm thinking I'll get 18 sets of tires! 9 front sets and 9 rear sets. A couple different compounds to try out.
Rich, I don't know if it is wise to buy 9 sets of front tires. The rear tires wear out faster from my experience. I could use 3 sets of rear tires to one set of front tire. Just make sure you rotate and exchange the rear tires and regulate them when they wear down 1 or 2 mm smaller than the front to make sure you get same front and rear tires.

You probably only need to get one set of each shore (i.e. 35, 37, 40, 42 and 45). That's 5 sets of front tires only. If I were you, I'll get more rear tires. Good luck building the car. Shoot if you have any questions !
Old 02-23-2004, 08:36 PM

Default Re: Re: Re: Spanish Championship

Originally posted by InitialD
Yes I think it is already available. But to only team drivers only.
if .21 is the correct typing.. we have them in stock since more than a month ago with the following part number SER-2802KHM NovaMega SX21 5PT-EV5KHM. The fastest until now (above .21 NovaMax).
Old 02-23-2004, 08:53 PM
Tech Elite

Thanks "D". I think I'll get 6 sets of fronts and 12 sets of rears then. I was thinking of getting two different grades of shores for both the front and rear. Maybe 37's and 40's for the front and 40's and 42's for the rear??? Do you think I really need to try other shore grades? I'm running on a smooth ashfault parking lot that gets blown off with a leaf blower before the track gets laid out. Tight track with one 100 foot straight. Outside tempurature is usually around 20-25 celcius in the summer and usually run the cars till midnight. So I figured I'd put the softer tires on at night when the temps drop to 10-15 celcius. What do you think "D"? Can't wait to start assembling this car. I'm like kid right now waiting for Santa Claus!!!!
Old 02-23-2004, 08:53 PM
Tech Prophet

Default Re: Re: Re: Re: Spanish Championship

Originally posted by Pyramid
if .21 is the correct typing.. we have them in stock since more than a month ago with the following part number SER-2802KHM NovaMega SX21 5PT-EV5KHM. The fastest until now (above .21 NovaMax).
Pyramid, I think the results of the Spanish competition was referring to 200 mm 1/10th scale TC. So the engine that Thaasman was referring to is a 2.1 cc engine (0.12 ci).
Old 02-23-2004, 09:05 PM
Tech Prophet

Originally posted by SupermaxxRich
Do you think I really need to try other shore grades?

If that's the case, you could add 37 shore rear and 42 shore front tires into your purchase.
Old 02-23-2004, 09:49 PM
Tech Elite

Thanks "D". They have been added to the list! I guess I''l get 23 sets of tires? Should last me the summer don't you think? I'm going to say thanks to everyone in advance as I know I will probably have alot of questions to ask you guys as I'm building my car.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.