Wiki Posts
Search

Serpent 710

Search this Thread

Old 02-03-2004, 06:24 PM
Tech Prophet

Default Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Tweak

Originally posted by Julius
Now droop is equal and the sway bar is aligned.
Julius, that's a cool tip ! That's a keeper. Learn something new everyday.

Now I just need to put on the front sway bars and test them out !
Old 02-03-2004, 06:31 PM
Tech Prophet

Default Re: Regarding a receiver

Originally posted by markp27
I use a really nice, small rx unit for my EVO III Surikarn (LRP Phaser Competition) - is this also a good choice for a 710? On my 705 I use a Futaba unit, but as the LRP is so small, I thought I may go for one of those.
The Futaba PCM receiver (R113iP) fits fine in the 710. Of course if you're receiver is smaller, then it's always better.

But still, check where the crystal and plugs go in on the LRP receiver. Is it on the same side and position layout as the Futaba? If yes, then you're OK. If not, then you may may to cut and drill the receiver cover if you want to access the crystal.

I'm not too familiar with the LRP receiver. Can you run PCM mode failsafe with it?
Old 02-03-2004, 07:41 PM
Tech Regular

Default Front Diff

The Border is sending out my front diff today, however, I have conflicting reports from individuals as to whether the front diff is adjustable or not ??? Any Input ???
Old 02-03-2004, 09:01 PM
Tech Prophet

Default Re: Front Diff

Originally posted by JABRONI
The Border is sending out my front diff today, however, I have conflicting reports from individuals as to whether the front diff is adjustable or not ??? Any Input ???
The front diff should be adjustable. Why should it not be? It uses the same parts as the rear ball diff except for the left diff and right diff axles and the pulley being different.
Old 02-03-2004, 10:29 PM
Tech Elite

Default Re: Re: Regarding a receiver

Originally posted by InitialD
The Futaba PCM receiver (R113iP) fits fine in the 710. Of course if you're receiver is smaller, then it's always better.

But still, check where the crystal and plugs go in on the LRP receiver. Is it on the same side and position layout as the Futaba? If yes, then you're OK. If not, then you may may to cut and drill the receiver cover if you want to access the crystal.

I'm not too familiar with the LRP receiver. Can you run PCM mode failsafe with it?
With the LRP unit being so much smaller, then I should be able to place it so that the crystal lines up with the receiver cover - do you mean the receiver cover which comes with the 710 kit?

As for PCM - ehm, not sure. Never looked to see if it has a PCM mode

Mark.
Old 02-03-2004, 11:44 PM
Tech Adept

Default Re: Re: Re: Regarding a receiver

Originally posted by markp27
With the LRP unit being so much smaller, then I should be able to place it so that the crystal lines up with the receiver cover - do you mean the receiver cover which comes with the 710 kit?

As for PCM - ehm, not sure. Never looked to see if it has a PCM mode

Mark.
No PCM , it has SUPER HIGH RESPONSE and PPM mode.
The SUPER HIGH RESPONSE is not the same as HRS from Futaba, so you can only use PPM if you have a Futaba transmitter.
The LRP reciever is made by Kopropo.
Oh and both will fit fine in the 710.
Old 02-03-2004, 11:53 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally posted by Pyramid
There is a way to mod a little bit to make the diff runs much smoother without any grease applied. I think Goldfinger has more info about it.. which is the same noticable problem with the Xray T1 rear diff right before the EVO2 I believe (they changed the design I think).
Truly it was not my invention, it is coming from an Xray National Team-Driver and the funny thing is he was not even finish building 710 yet.
Basically he was trying to make the diff working just like the xray diff. With 100% lock the diff is still very smooth and with no oil/grease inside the ball.

Here is the list
- using correct mounted stone, open the left axle ID (where the thrust bearing lies) a bit till enough clearance with inner(6mm ID thrust bearing plate). Why ? the thrust plate is scrub the inside hole a liitle thus make your diff feels gritty even with new balls.
- with the same stone, grind the inside part of the snap ring (both eye). Why ? it is too close with the right axle OD. Too risky when dirt coming in.
- Find 9x12x4mm BB, it it hard 8x12x3.5 is easier to find. Together with your diff pulley and right axle send it to a workshop and tell the machinist to fit it in between.
- do a break in job after you finish building it. Hold the left axle and pulley together and use allen wrench to turn the right (locking) set screw and vice versa. Use thick/welding gloves.

Now you have a bulletproof diff !
And last night i was dreaming that serpent is releasing this diff as an optional part.

I believe this mod is unnecessary for those "fast guy" but worked very well for me.
Im a "D" main national driver (last year) and making 15laps in our national track is really hard but last week while using "this" 710 i can make 17 laps very easy and suddenly I was hang in A7.

Good Luck with your new diff and enjoy racing !!

I attached a Xray diff so you have a better imagination. Im planning to buy a decent cam, so I can post my diff photo.
Attached Thumbnails Serpent 710-xraydiff.jpg  
Old 02-03-2004, 11:54 PM
Tech Adept

Default Re: Front Diff

Originally posted by JABRONI
The 802370 Ball differentail front is the same as in the rear, but with smaller pully and parts.
So it's adjustable. Beware that with the diff you have alot of understeer, this can be counterd by setting the rear upper arm inserts to the outside position (UBO) and turn in the upper pivotballs 3 turns
Old 02-04-2004, 12:02 AM
Tech Fanatic

Whats the difference between PPM, PCM and FM. All I know is PCM suppose to be the best. I may be mistaken but my helicopter pcm transmitter compared to my car pcm transmitter I think the airplane remotes have better reception and can go much farther. Any ideas why?
Old 02-04-2004, 12:07 AM
Tech Adept

Originally posted by cyba888
Whats the difference between PPM, PCM and FM. All I know is PCM suppose to be the best. I may be mistaken but my helicopter pcm transmitter compared to my car pcm transmitter I think the airplane remotes have better reception and can go much farther. Any ideas why?
Let me try:
AM and FM are the bands we transmit in, of wich FM is better
PPM = Same as Normal FM
PCM = Failsafe signal
HRS = High speed signal

that's it in fast words.
Old 02-04-2004, 12:48 AM
Tech Fanatic

So there is no difference in PPM and PCM except that PCM has failsafe?
Old 02-04-2004, 01:01 AM

Originally posted by cyba888
So there is no difference in PPM and PCM except that PCM has failsafe?
In short, yes.. to find more technical differences, read your futaba manual.. at least on 3PK manual there are clear explenation about all those modulation method as I recall.
Old 02-04-2004, 02:45 AM
Tech Fanatic

Hi Guys

I race in Oz on a carpart track and I was hoping for some setup tips as I have just ordered a 710. How does the kit setup go and what useful hopups should I look at(if any) for this car

Many thanks
Old 02-04-2004, 04:46 AM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by Picard
Hi Guys

I race in Oz on a carpart track and I was hoping for some setup tips as I have just ordered a 710. How does the kit setup go and what useful hopups should I look at(if any) for this car

Many thanks
We race in car park tracks a lot here and if down-under car parks are anything like the ones here then it'll be dusty with low grip.

Try your stock set-up first but if the track is technical, lock your one-way into a solid.
Old 02-04-2004, 04:51 AM
Tech Elite

Last edited by markp27; 02-04-2004 at 05:48 AM.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.