Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Serpent 710

Search this Thread

Old 01-29-2004, 10:10 PM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by InitialD
Mark, unless you've pics or questions to post on the 710 forum, we're told to use the MSN Messenger for these kind of things !
Ehm You're right But I don't touch anything to do with MS! WAIT, I didn't mean Lord MS

Greetings from your Windows free zone!
Old 01-29-2004, 10:10 PM
Tech Prophet

Originally posted by markp27
Hey, that's not a bad idea!!!! I always left the trick with the rotary cam until last, but to do it for the droop seems like a much better idea!!!
The rotary cam thingy is there for a purpose ! It levels the sway bar tension after the sway bar is installed. Just like you would need to readjust the lengths of the rear sway bar connector rods after you find a tweak when you put back the rear sway bar...
Old 01-29-2004, 10:13 PM
Tech Prophet

Maybe someone can write a humour filter for the "boring" posts, just like my nitro dirt filter "Copyright 2003" for photoshop
Ummm, that reminds me... I need to renew the license for this nitro dirt Photoshop filter that I'm currently using ! Can I get a 1 year waiver for this, Mark?
Old 01-29-2004, 10:14 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally posted by Doug Darby
A shot of my RC shop for grins...
Is that just a car stand or does it clamp the car as well? It looks like its homemade? Man I miss our house in Los Angeles, when I see those cabinets it makes me think of our house in the states I want to move back so bad! Soon...very soon
Old 01-29-2004, 10:15 PM
Tech Apprentice

I did try rotating the cam through about 120 degrees in about 4 different steps and it didn't seem to make any difference. But I think you are on to something here and I will try starting with no sway bar and then working the cam again to see what I find.

Thanks
Old 01-29-2004, 10:16 PM
Tech Fanatic

I think some of us are bore shit at work !
Bump!
Old 01-29-2004, 10:16 PM
Tech Apprentice

Just an inexpensive stand from Ofna.. I carry one to the track and have a couple others in the shop.
Old 01-29-2004, 10:18 PM
Tech Elite

The rotary cam thingy is there for a purpose ! It levels the sway bar tension after the sway bar is installed. Just like you would need to readjust the lengths of the rear sway bar connector rods after you find a tweak when you put back the rear sway bar...
[HUMOUR_ON] Really! [HUMOUR_OFF]

I always have tweaked my car first with the sway bars disconnected, then reconnected the back and adjusted the rod length it until the tweak was ok once more, then the same with the front, adjusting the cam to the required amount.
Old 01-29-2004, 10:20 PM
Tech Elite

Ummm, that reminds me... I need to renew the license for this nitro dirt Photoshop filter that I'm currently using ! Can I get a 1 year waiver for this, Mark?
[HUMOUR_ON] Hmm, I suppose a 6 month extention could be ok, but only if you refrain from making non-serious postings herer!!!! [HUMOUR_OFF]
Old 01-29-2004, 10:22 PM
Tech Elite

I did try rotating the cam through about 120 degrees in about 4 different steps and it didn't seem to make any difference. But I think you are on to something here and I will try starting with no sway bar and then working the cam again to see what I find.

Thanks
Maybe your chassis isn't true!

Do all your suspension parts move freely, i.e. detach the shocks and sway bars, raise the suspension arms and see if they fall onto the drop stops under their own weight.

Cheers, Mark.
Old 01-29-2004, 10:22 PM
Tech Prophet

Just an inexpensive stand from Ofna.. I carry one to the track and have a couple others in the shop.
I have one too. Is that one able to hold shocks when you want to rebuild them?
Old 01-29-2004, 10:25 PM
Tech Prophet

Thanks
Mine is spot on on the tweak station and when you do the center chassis lifting. Of course, you need to use new tires or tires with similar diameter. I overlooked this one of those times and what a bummer ! I did everything like checking the shock rebounds, shocks lengths only to find out that I used worned out tires !
Old 01-29-2004, 10:27 PM
Tech Prophet

Maybe your chassis isn't true!
How is that even possible on a new 4 mm chassis?

Do all your suspension parts move freely, i.e. detach the shocks and sway bars, raise the suspension arms and see if they fall onto the drop stops under their own weight.
Mark, you will find that assembling the 710 is completely a different experience from assembling the 705 ! I think it's like assembling the Surikarn ! Every part fits without modification and free moving.
Old 01-29-2004, 10:29 PM
Tech Elite

Mine is spot on on the tweak station and when you do the center chassis lifting. Of course, you need to use new tires or tires with similar diameter. I overlooked this one of those times and what a bummer ! I did everything like checking the shock rebounds, shocks lengths only to find out that I used worned out tires !
When tweaking, do you do like in the setup book? I've always adjusted the spring tension on the shocks at the end of the car where there is an imbalance (left to right), but the setup book says if the front is tweaked adjusted to rear spring tension.

Actually I start of by just looking at the front or the back by placing a hudy block under the other end of the car. Once the front and back are balanced, I take away the hudy block and then check the tweak again (front and rear).
Old 01-29-2004, 10:31 PM
Tech Elite

How is that even possible on a new 4 mm chassis?

Mark, you will find that assembling the 710 is completely a different experience from assembling the 705 ! I think it's like assembling the Surikarn ! Every part fits without modification and free moving.
Oh man, don't tempt me!! Every time I walk into my LHS, the 710 there waves and blows kisses - the little vixen!!!!!!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.