Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Serpent 710

Search this Thread

Old 01-21-2004, 08:12 AM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by modellor
I agree. I once lost the track record due to a switch turning itself off in a 1/8th scale car. Was on lap 18 and coming up to the line to start a 19th (record setting) with about 5secs to go. Car caught the final corner curb too hard, threw the switch and the car took off away from the line.

Talk about a bummer. The record had stood for 10yrs before that day and still stands (13yrs later). The track is no longer in use.
Jeeez ... now THAT is a real bummer!

I'm sure a lot of serious racers have had some bad experience or another with the "switch" including me ...

The moral of all this is .... don't use a switch.
Old 01-21-2004, 08:16 AM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by jwf_frani
a record that stood 10 years wow. around california the
records won't hold up for more than a few months let alone
10 years especially now that cars are 10times better than
cars released 3-4years ago.
I guess it also depends on how many racers drive on a particular track or how active the club is.

Cars, radios, tyres, engines and even driving gets better all the time. A busy track though will have lotsa "rubber" laid on it and the traction just gets better and better generally. Timing when you go on the track also helps somewhat but now we're talking at really high levels of racing! Guess that excludes me!

Old 01-21-2004, 09:05 AM
Tech Master

That record was set in the early 80's when about 50 guys where running every weekend. When I had the opportunity to break it there had only been about 20 or so in the club for 5yrs as 1/8th was starting to die here.

Grip levels were always good. Even when no-one ran on it all winter we could come back in the spring and put in serious pace without having to laydown new rubber.

I was on for it in 1992.
Old 01-21-2004, 10:33 AM
Tech Fanatic

Guys need help with brake pad. When you glue the two pieces together is the metal part suppose to clamp the disc brake or the soft paper like thingy material? My pad gets stuck on the disc when I put on the brakes and it wont really release it until I bend the brake lever back open manually. I havent ran the car yet but was playing with the brake by hand. Waiting for reply so that I can continue building. I already made the 2 slots for the brake pads really loose so it wont get stuck. So metal to metal contact or metal to paper material thingy?
Old 01-21-2004, 10:40 AM
Tech Master

The two pads should clamp on the brake disk. Not the metal parts
Old 01-21-2004, 10:45 AM
Tech Fanatic

How come when I release the brakes it still stuck? I already loosen the brake pad holes. Should I just run it and let it eventually get loose on its own? Im afraid of the brakes might put too much stress on the engine, especially a new one.
Old 01-21-2004, 10:52 AM
Tech Fanatic

OK nevermind stupid me, I forgot to do something...doh! EVerything is all good! Thanks for your quick reponse, now I can go back to finishing my car!
Old 01-21-2004, 11:20 AM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by modellor
That record was set in the early 80's when about 50 guys where running every weekend. When I had the opportunity to break it there had only been about 20 or so in the club for 5yrs as 1/8th was starting to die here.

Grip levels were always good. Even when no-one ran on it all winter we could come back in the spring and put in serious pace without having to laydown new rubber.

I was on for it in 1992.
So what happened to the old track? Did your club build a new one? What class is most popular there?
Old 01-21-2004, 01:21 PM
Tech Master

It was built on government land at the time. We had a 99yr lease but somehow the lease went missing in '92 and they decided they were going to build Tennis Courts on the land. The old track is still sitting there in real bad shape. Needs resurfaced and I get miserable as i can see it from my back bedroom.

Going to start fighting the government to do something or give us back the track
Old 01-21-2004, 08:10 PM
Tech Elite

Location: Louisville, KY!.. USA!! ....Home of http://www.fastharry.com
Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Serpent 951 Optionals.......

http://www.mytsn.com/products/parts.asp?prid=3286

gee.,,,Serpent's already got the 951 listed.....ya think that 710r that people were talking about that Serpent denied(as well as denying the 951) is that far behind?..

Last edited by fastharry™; 01-21-2004 at 08:18 PM.
Old 01-21-2004, 08:23 PM
Tech Champion

Originally posted by fastharry

gee.,,,Serpent's already got the 951 listed.....ya think that 710r that people were talking about that Serpent denied(as well as denying the 951) is that far behind?..

dont worry, serpent denied 710R because the next car they plan is not with this name.
Old 01-21-2004, 09:34 PM
Tech Adept

i believe 951 was a typo. it was like that ever since 950 came out. maybe julius or ms should take a note of it and change it on mytsn.
Old 01-22-2004, 12:46 AM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by fastharry

Its a typo ... should be 950R.
Old 01-22-2004, 01:47 AM
Tech Initiate

Default Causing Trouble

Hey Harry.
Why do you always try to start some controversy? If you dislike Serpent so much, why do you go on their website looking for stuff to cause trouble? You complain about the Veteq you bought not being a good car. Maybe you're not a good driver. Have you ever sat down and tried to understand how the car works? Probably not, because you have too many RC cars. You keep coming on here trying to dog Serpent. Do you see any of us going on the R40 forum and causing controversy? The R40 is a very good car. My cousin has one. I've seen Hara race it at last years Roar Nationals at Revelation Raceway. I could tell you one thing. It's not the car that wins the race. It's the driver. He only wrecked once the whole race. He would have won with any car that day. So instead bashing Serpent, why don't you pick one car (instead of messing with your 107 cars) and learn to drive it?
Old 01-22-2004, 04:18 AM
Tech Elite

Location: Louisville, KY!.. USA!! ....Home of http://www.fastharry.com
Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Why do you always try to start some controversy? If you dislike Serpent so much, why do you go on their website looking for stuff to cause trouble? You complain about the Veteq you bought not being a good car. Maybe you're not a good driver. Have you ever sat down and tried to understand how the car
hey Chris....did you register just to say that?.....thats pretty good...

first off,the veteq was a good car....just not a great one..which is why Serpent got rid of it....and lied to the owners in the process...(I guess you don't have one of those and didn't feel the pain)...

Second,My Impulse is a great car...really high quality...and I still run it once in a while..

And I don't dislike Serpent products..I think all the current level of cars are pretty good..and they all have some issues..But I don't look at Serpent products with a blind eye like some people do....the Serpent"s are ok cars.The way they do business is another story...(ThoughFor a car that Serpent bragged about having so much testing,and 2 pages back a customer makes reference to the "710 push"..Uhh....I don't think so..)

As far as my driving?.......I was leading the point series in Edison NJ...a ROAR region 2 club.....I'm a decent driver,not a pro by any means..never said I was.....But I know how a car works....(and is supposed to work).....And I know how to read between the lines(again,I learned that from the Veteq)..

BTW,you own a Serpent?..If not,I've got a great one for sale....Inboard shocks,futuristic technology,...Serpent says that its the wave of the future...a new beginning in RC cars...Something they are going to really develop....A new landmark in racing technology..

I wouldn't worry about me....I'd be worrying about all the MTX3's that are coming to the winternats..(and if Barry Baker will take a 5 day vacation in Florida again)..

Last edited by fastharry™; 01-22-2004 at 05:00 AM.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.