Serpent 710

Search this Thread

Old 01-19-2004, 11:16 AM
Tech Adept

here is a better link http://64.70.208.72/speedtechrc/161.html
Old 01-19-2004, 11:46 AM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by cyba888
Thanks for the info But what about just the rear toe in adjustment? How should I set it up? Should I have it setup with 0 degree or with some negative toe in which is pointed inwards? The track I run at is quite big not very tight which is also suitable for 1/8. Most guys run 1/8 at my track.
Hi Cyba888, someone posted a link a little while ago which helps quite nicely to understanding some of the basic aspects of setup and gives a guide to what to expect from the differing changes one can make:

http://www.donegal.flyer.co.uk/car%20setup%20guide.htm

Hope this helps you out.

Cheers, Mark.
Old 01-19-2004, 11:56 AM
Tech Adept

Default Whoow

finaly yesterday we had good weather (NO RAIN), so i went to the track to test my 710. It's was very busy with drivers testing their new 710's. After i starting the car with my new JP S5 i went on the track for a little test run,.......................Whoow............thats was the only thing on my mind. Why didn't Serpent make this car sooner, this car is great. it's not driven on the track, it's flying.
Even with a track that has no grip, it's easy to drive. Now after al this time, i can finaly start learning to drive

As i said its was busy at the track even Serpent drivers where testing. Rene had an front balldif and stanley had an soliddif (i think) they where testing different setups and Rene even drove the same rounds (in sec) as with an onewaydif. The new front dif is to be in the shop in about 2-3 weeks.

I can't wait for the next dry weekend (again it's raining overhere)
Old 01-19-2004, 01:26 PM
Tech Adept

Originally posted by InitialD
Cool, good to know that you got yours corrected.

I guess I need to cut 0.5 mm more to get it perfect !

You burned your thrust bearing? Make sure they are greased and are installed correct (i.e. larger inner diameter first)
I guess you could call it burnt, i would say f**ked...

I took the bell housing off after noticing i has drive on startup and two bits of metal filings and the balls fell out

SN
Old 01-19-2004, 04:54 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)

Hi guys...just wondering if you could help me out...im trying to find the best deal online for a s710...any recommendations would be a big help...tks

Josh
Old 01-19-2004, 05:03 PM
Tech Adept

Default Receiver sizes

Ugh...as I mentioned a few posts back, my JR XR3 receiver is too large to fit in the intended spot. Even without the outside protective case, it sits below the chasis (not to mention that it is also exposed in crashes). Needless to say, I need a new receiver, or better yet, a new radio.

Can anyone tell me what brand and model receivers fit and which don't?

KoPropo
JR
Airtronics
Futaba
Old 01-19-2004, 05:33 PM
Tech Adept

look at my previous post I bought a serpent 710 today for $369.00 earlier on today it was the best I could find it for. but try to cop one fast becuase the price will raise soon.
Old 01-19-2004, 06:04 PM
Tech Apprentice

Originally posted by baller360
initiald where can I find a serpent 710 on the internet for about $359.00 or less or anywhere I can get it for a good price with out having to pay $30.00 for shipping and handling like at rc mushrooms.
You can try www.atomichobbies.com, this is where I got my 710 for 365, also try http://warrickcustomhobbies.com or ebay
Old 01-19-2004, 06:16 PM
Tech Apprentice

Default Re: Receiver sizes

Originally posted by chachi
Ugh...as I mentioned a few posts back, my JR XR3 receiver is too large to fit in the intended spot. Even without the outside protective case, it sits below the chasis (not to mention that it is also exposed in crashes). Needless to say, I need a new receiver, or better yet, a new radio.

KoPropo
JR
Airtronics
Futaba
this worked for me after I posted the same question, give this a try first Ummm, Ok. I think Thaasman had the same problem mounting his receiver. Julius gave him a suggestion which seemed to work well (I think). Julius posted a pic of how the receiver box should be cut to fit the wires and crystal.

Thats correct D
What i did is i cut not only the red part, but the whole thing!
It should be no problem because the reciever will be well protected and cant get out or move when the protector-box is mounted...
RCJAY: if you want i can post some pics....

If the picture dont post right ( because Im bew to this ) go to page 100 its posted somewhere in the middle
Old 01-19-2004, 06:23 PM
Tech Apprentice

KoPropo
JR
Airtronics
Futaba
also towards the bottom of page 99 is a pic, but this is how I did mine
Old 01-19-2004, 06:31 PM
Tech Prophet

KoPropo
JR
Airtronics
Futaba
Futaba definitely works. The receiver that comes with 3PK or 3PJS. KO definitely works because they are smaller than Futaba receivers. Sanwa / Airtronics should work also because these are used by Serpent team drivers in Holland.

p/s: If I recall, were you one of those who got the 705, sold it and bought the MTX-3 and now back to Serpent 710?
Old 01-19-2004, 06:32 PM
Company Representative

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

okay make your book mark we have a link out of race info on the site.. just follow to the race info page and click on the image of the track it will take you to the page that we will upload to.. enjoy... and make sure to repost any info and or pics we put up for the rest of the world to see too..
Old 01-19-2004, 06:35 PM
Tech Prophet

Originally posted by S710_Nut
I took the bell housing off after noticing i has drive on startup and two bits of metal filings and the balls fell out
Oh dear... Make sure the one with the larger inner diameter ring (5.2 mm) of the thrust bearing goes in first (nearest to the clutch shoe). The 5 mm one needs to go with the shims in front. Lube it with good sticky grease too. Mugen super grease is what I use.
Old 01-19-2004, 06:36 PM
Tech Rookie

Warrick Custom Hobbies has the car for $359.99 also fastnfurious-rc has it for $359.99. They are both in Fort Lauderdale Florida. As of Saturday they had 5 on hand.

http://warrickcustomhobbies.com/insi...dex.php?cat=22

They are quoting $10.12 for ground UPS, $17.50 for UPS 3 day.
Old 01-19-2004, 06:39 PM
Tech Adept

does anyone know where i can find 710 hop-ups?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.