Wiki Posts
Search

Serpent 710

Search this Thread

Old 01-06-2004, 10:31 PM
Tech Regular

Just got a used Xray Evo2 with loads of hopups
Now I have 2 cars to play!
Soon enough I'll be getting the Xray M18, and maybe a HPI pro 4 and maybe even the Losi Mini-T...
Another still in the look out for another GP, just not the 710 or the MTX3. LD3 seems nice, but not sure about parts support....
G4 also looks promising, again worry about parts support...
Oh no!! What is this hobby doing to ma wallet!!??
Old 01-06-2004, 10:34 PM
Tech Regular

Originally posted by InitialD
I have mine set at 1 mm as in the manual. The acceleration is fantastic !

Since the clutchbell already can spin freely, I would still add some more shims as per step 8.7 to take out most of the end play. Mine virtually does not have any but a very slight end play. This will give a longer thrust bearing life.
SORRY, I meant 0.1 to 0.2 mm end play. I didn't measure, I put too many shims in and removed them until it was right. I'll correct other post.
Old 01-06-2004, 11:02 PM
Tech Initiate

Default hudy / serpent

My Hudy tools break all the time

What's Hudy Spring ? Hudy is not a material or is it ?
so what's so special about Hudy spring/metal/steel ?
and what's Hudy material ?
Old 01-06-2004, 11:06 PM
Tech Regular

Thumbs up Serpent Corporate Field Support

It is clear that THIS Forum is the most productive forum I have ever seen. Comments are 98% constructive and appropriate, and occasionally brilliant. Contrast this to the vetek one where it quickly became a bitch session.
This group is POSITIVE, AND DESERVES TO BE RECOGNIZED AS SUCH.
SERPENT should throw a party for the Serpent 710 rctechers who attend the Winter Nats.
We should all meet one another and spread this aura of good will around the globe when we go home...with our

SERPENT 710 RCTECHER T-SHIRTS!!!
Old 01-06-2004, 11:08 PM
Tech Prophet

Default Re: hudy / serpent

Hudy makes a special spring steel material. You can see the tools that are made of Hudy spring steel when the colour of the steel itself is brownish. The glowplug wrench comes to mind. There are other tools like the Hudy socket wrenches that are made of spring steel as well but I believe the allen wrenches are not made from spring steel.
Old 01-06-2004, 11:10 PM
Tech Prophet

Default Re: Serpent Corporate Field Support

Originally posted by clmbia45
It is clear that THIS Forum is the most productive forum I have ever seen. Comments are 98% constructive and appropriate, and occasionally brilliant.
So what happened to the 2%?

Ummm, somebody should come up with a design of the T shirt first, right?
Old 01-06-2004, 11:19 PM
Tech Initiate

Default Re: Re: hudy / serpent

Hudy makes a special spring steel material. You can see the tools that are made of Hudy spring steel when the colour of the steel itself is brownish. The glowplug wrench comes to mind. There are other tools like the Hudy socket wrenches that are made of spring steel as well but I believe the allen wrenches are not made from spring steel.
InitialD,

Do you want me to take pictures of all the other "hudy spring steel" materials and post it here ?

Or just attach my whole list of complains I sent to Hudy and post it here ?
Attached Thumbnails Serpent 710-hudy_wrench.jpg  
Old 01-06-2004, 11:41 PM
Tech Prophet

Default Re: Re: Re: hudy / serpent

Originally posted by coolracing
I cannot comment on anything. Perhaps it could faulty material or perhaps it's misuse. But please don't get me wrong. I merely answered your questions about Hudy spring steel and did not know that you wanted to be sarcarstic about it ! I neither work for Hudy nor for Serpent, remember?
Old 01-07-2004, 12:05 AM
Tech Fanatic

Fastharry,

I'm not sure if anyone answered your earlier question about the ease of removing the 710 diffs that you had a while ago. I didn't see an answer on the first readthrough. This is what I have observed.

In the rear, you must remove the six screws from the bearing caps (remember: two are behind through the shock tower) and the two back screws beneath the chassis. This allows you to pull the rear "cover" completely off to expose the area above the diff to pull it straight out. All in all, eight screws and pull it out.

In the front, you must remove the four screws from the bearing caps (which are attached to the shock tower) and unscrew one shock. Then, pop one ball cup from the steering knuckle to allow the knuckle to turn far enough to remove one dogbone from the outdrive. The front axle then comes out at an angle. All in all, five screws and one ball cup.

It is basically as easy to remove the diffs as it is in a Tc3.
Old 01-07-2004, 12:14 AM
Tech Elite

I think panties have a different meaning in US and in UK...
Aha! So what do the Americans and Brits understand by "panties"?
Old 01-07-2004, 12:19 AM
Tech Elite

Default Re: Re: Re: hudy / serpent

InitialD,

Do you want me to take pictures of all the other "hudy spring steel" materials and post it here ?

Man! You (Coolracing) must have an arm as big as the Hulk's! That's true Hudy material you just broke.
Old 01-07-2004, 12:22 AM
Tech Initiate

Default Re: Re: Re: Re: hudy / serpent

I cannot comment on anything. Perhaps it could faulty material or perhaps it's misuse. But please don't get me wrong. I merely answered your questions about Hudy spring steel and did not know that you wanted to be sarcarstic about it ! I neither work for Hudy nor for Serpent, remember?
You don't work for them but you seem to talk about and/or recommend their products more than their staffs.

Hate to say it here but It's people like you giving the wrong recommendations to fellow racers misleading them into victims of marketing gimmicks.

Yes it's sacarstic, I paid good money and it's for a lousy product. A fraction of the price could have got me a great wrench from my Walmart store and it's just as good if not better.
Old 01-07-2004, 12:25 AM
Tech Initiate

Default Re: Re: Re: Re: hudy / serpent

Originally posted by Sow&Steady
Man! You (Coolracing) must have an arm as big as the Hulk's! That's true Hudy material you just broke.
Yeah I have a big dick too.
It's always the users' fault not the "hudy springgy super steel" as advertised.
I will show you a couple more pictures when I get that damn d.cam back.
Old 01-07-2004, 12:51 AM
Tech Prophet

Default Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: hudy / serpent

You don't work for them but you seem to talk about and/or recommend their products more than their staffs.
Ummm, so saying a lot about them can automatically make me work for Serpent? Hey Pieter, where's my blank check?

Hate to say it here but It's people like you giving the wrong recommendations to fellow racers misleading them into victims of marketing gimmicks.
Marketing gimmicks... Where have I heard that before? Ok, you win.

From now on, PLEASE everybody DO NOT listen to anything what I have to say because I have a forked out tongue that's going to deceive people into buying lousy products. I also get commission out of any recommendations I make. Heck and I haven't seen any single cent from Serpent !!

Yes it's sacarstic, I paid good money and it's for a lousy product. A fraction of the price could have got me a great wrench from my Walmart store and it's just as good if not better.
You said your peace... If you can, sell whatever Hudy tools you still have. Get the money and buy Walmart tools and you can still save I believe.
Old 01-07-2004, 01:06 AM
Tech Prophet

Originally posted by Sow&Steady
Aha! So what do the Americans and Brits understand by "panties"?
Americans: Panties as in Pants.

British: Panties as in underwear !

I hope I did not get it the other way around... This was what I was told !

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.