Search

Serpent 710

Search this Thread

Old 01-04-2004, 10:27 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)
Default 710 sucks

well today i sold my mtx-3...

so i guess im gonna have to stick to this 710 sucker!

Old 01-04-2004, 10:34 PM
Tech Prophet

Default Re: plastics and parts sucks

Originally posted by evlhdlts
well what the hell.. the bumper's busted... not just that cuz that one is understandable..well not really but from an accident. but dang, that's what the bumber is for. both upper and lower cracked and gone. and i even modded it to where the body post is on the upper bumper to make it stronger.
I kinda crack the bumper and busted the rear carbon graphite shock tower together with the rear body post mounts. That was due to my fault. I decided to do some stunts without a bodyshell !

Still, I'm curious how you cracked the upper and lower bumper... Did you hit the boards hard? I think for any car when hit hard, the parts will break.

i made the front solid and the left outdrive is now gone. what the hell is wrong with this car. the metal itself....... gone.
Don't understand what you're trying to say here... Gone as in lost as the outdrive flew out somewhere or gone as in the outdrive itself broke?

i told my bro to get both of us serpents because i know for a fact that its the baddest most durable car out there... this is because there's a rookie at our local track with an impulse.. and im telling you... he never misses a board. the car is still in one peice. he's more like a durability test guy you know.
On the whole, I would admit that the car is NOT as durable as it was once before with the 705 / Impulse base design. But heck, this is the price you pay for lightened this and that. Still even then with my bad driving , I find the car durable enough.
Old 01-04-2004, 10:38 PM
Tech Prophet

Default Re: 710 sucks

so i guess im gonna have to stick to this 710 sucker!
evlhdlts, don't be so mad. I guess the car isn't made for you then. Sell the car as I'm sure many people would want to buy. Get the MTX-3 instead. A brand new one would be nice. Cheers.
Old 01-04-2004, 10:41 PM
Tech Regular

hmmmm.. I looked at the parts for the 710, and strongly believe the material is much weaker than before, they are (harder/lighter) which means less flex and easier to break... this is why they are cheaper!
The problem is you HAVE to buy factory parts for serpent as there are no third parties parts unlike other cars.
I might be getting out of the snake camp in the very near future myself....
The local support simply ain't what I was expecting, poor service, expensive parts, very few dealers...
Old 01-04-2004, 10:46 PM
Tech Prophet

Originally posted by lawndoggie
The problem is you HAVE to buy factory parts for serpent as there are no third parties parts unlike other cars.
lawndoggie, are 3rd party parts cheaper and better than what you can get for the 705 with original factory parts?
Old 01-05-2004, 01:31 AM
Tech Fanatic

Default Re: plastics and parts sucks

just raced my 710 today....

well what the hell.. the bumper's busted... not just that cuz that one is understandable..well not really but from an accident. but dang, that's what the bumber is for. both upper and lower cracked and gone. and i even modded it to where the body post is on the upper bumper to make it stronger.

i made the front solid and the left outdrive is now gone. what the hell is wrong with this car. the metal itself....... gone. i lost the race because we need a ball diff so bad on our local track for the front... but then again, the front ball diff is not available anywhere... this sucks really bad!

i told my bro to get both of us serpents because i know for a fact that its the baddest most durable car out there... this is because there's a rookie at our local track with an impulse.. and im telling you... he never misses a board. the car is still in one peice. he's more like a durability test guy you know.

and here comes 710.. the most sophisticated design... most tunable out there. but then the parts sucks.

what the fukc just happened to sepernt!
I hated my impulse the first day when I stripped the front belt. I also hated my tc3 the first day when I broke an a-arm. Both cars ended up being a joy to race week after week.

Maybe next week you will only need two flaming "smilies" instead of three (or maybe none at all )
Old 01-05-2004, 04:12 AM
Tech Regular

Originally posted by InitialD
lawndoggie, are 3rd party parts cheaper and better than what you can get for the 705 with original factory parts?
Definitely cheaper!!!
Old 01-05-2004, 04:57 AM
Tech Elite

Location: Louisville, KY!.. USA!! ....Home of http://www.fastharry.com
Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

My Impulse is a tank.....but thats 'cause it was based on 1/10 on road technology and parts....

You can't complain about the 710 being weaker...cause you cant have it both ways.....If you want a tank,race the HPI.......Light weight?.....get the tc3 or 710....Want to run a Mugen?..Look how many people complaing about the front suspension in that car being weak...

I complain that HPI's parts are too soft..but guess what,NO breakage on the boards.......

Serpent parts are stiffer?.....well.you have the answer..

I'm not saying one car is better than the rest...

but as cars get lighter...and faster,one thing between all the cars will stay constant in the universe....

YOU GOT TO STAY OFF THE BOARDS!!!
Old 01-05-2004, 06:31 AM
Tech Fanatic

I think JABRONI mentioned about him lowering his engine mounts by 0.08" (2.032 mm for the metric inclined... ) to make the flywheel contact the starter box better.

I think you need to send the mounts to a machinist to be able to ground them flat.
Oopps, i better try for this. thanks.
Old 01-05-2004, 06:33 AM
Tech Prophet

Originally posted by lawndoggie
Definitely cheaper!!!
But is it better?
Old 01-05-2004, 06:37 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally posted by clmbia45
I used to do that too, but I've found that the Nova and RB engine casings and the Mugen and Serpent motor mounts are now precision made and the bottom of the mounts are level without the old sanding trick.
It should be OK without sanding as long as you dont see the blocked (usually grayish) mark on your chassis when you take off motor mount.
Old 01-05-2004, 06:57 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally posted by fastharry

but as cars get lighter...and faster,one thing between all the cars will stay constant in the universe....

YOU GOT TO STAY OFF THE BOARDS!!!
...fair enough. You were being very wise on this.

evlhdlts
I do broke the upper and lower bumper.. but no tweak in chassis and i think thats the bumper are made for. A very strong bumper will immediately tweak your chassis after a frontal crash.
Use the 705 Lola bumper if you want more protection and trim the edge to fit your touring shell.
I broke my rear shocktower too. If your is broke already, dont throw away. Buy a new one and just double it up.

I supposed you know how many people is talking about the TC3 or NTC3 is very fragile car, but they were still world champion.

Like Harry says that mugen is being weak in their front suspension, but they were still a legend with MRX or MTX.

You come to this hobby coz you want to have fun remember.. so dont be so depress, just sell the car if you dont like it.

Just My 2 cents
Old 01-05-2004, 07:16 AM
Tech Prophet

Originally posted by GoldFinger
I broke my rear shocktower too. If your is broke already, dont throw away. Buy a new one and just double it up.
I actually tried to salvage the broken rear shocktower but it was not cracked but broken fully. The thing about carbon graphite is that when it breaks, there are a lot of splinters which makes it impossible to join it back again. If it was cracked, then it would be easy job to fix.
Old 01-05-2004, 07:51 AM
Tech Adept

Default Re: Re: Up and Running

Which part was missing?
The front one way gear.It had a diff gear instead of one way gear.
Old 01-05-2004, 08:00 AM
Tech Prophet

Default Re: Re: Re: Up and Running

Originally posted by Rebal
The front one way gear.It had a diff gear instead of one way gear.
Oophs... Now I remember.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.