Wiki Posts
Search

Serpent 710

Search this Thread

Old 01-01-2004, 06:57 PM
Tech Prophet

Originally posted by jfc_tech
It works just fine...well at least on my table..hehee
Honestly...less than the 44.5(standard)...exact no proper caliper to check..mine useless. But yes 90 deg with servo casing.
Did you find that the left and right steering throw equal without any binding noise from the steering servo? The right steering will give less steering throw than the left side. Just check.
Old 01-01-2004, 07:27 PM
Tech Regular

Default Setup Gauges

Tennessee,

I think they will be visiting next weekend and will drop them off.

I'm not sure how to get them to you other than mailing them???

It's gonna cost ya !!!!!!!!!! Kidding !!!

LOL,

Talk to you tomorrow at the track and get some info from ya !!
Old 01-01-2004, 10:48 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally posted by InitialD
Did you find that the left and right steering throw equal without any binding noise from the steering servo? The right steering will give less steering throw than the left side. Just check.
Hmmm checked but nope everything "seems" to be ok left & right same throw. I don't actually use some gauge to accurately say its the same both side but...no binding. my right seems to be in the full swing and actually much better throw than my other GP(sorry Sam). But i have to be in the track to know this. i maybe wrong. i will keep u posted again.

Did u put yer 3PK receiver in the baloon? the receiver crystal is facing inside & no protection from dirt. I feel not safe. anymore suggestion? thanks.
Old 01-01-2004, 10:55 PM
Tech Prophet

But i have to be in the track to know this. i maybe wrong. i will keep u posted again.
Binding as when you steer right, the servo horn on the steering servo goes back towards the tank and if it travels too far, the ball joints will interfere and rub against the servo horn. It can be as bad as making the steering servo mounting move...

Did u put yer 3PK receiver in the baloon? the receiver crystal is facing inside & no protection from dirt. I feel not safe. anymore suggestion? thanks.
No. I just wrap the receiver with black electrical tape and cut out the holes for the crystal and wiring.
Old 01-01-2004, 11:12 PM
Tech Adept

people seem to have had a bit of time with this car now and i was just wondering what the advantages over the 705 are? Is the speed difference around a track only minor?
Old 01-01-2004, 11:28 PM
Tech Prophet

Originally posted by bleach1
people seem to have had a bit of time with this car now and i was just wondering what the advantages over the 705 are? Is the speed difference around a track only minor?
I felt that the acceleration was better on the 710. Even with a stock 6.62 1st gearing, the 710 is able to keep up with the other cars in terms of acceelration or even blast pass them ! Perhaps mainly due to the weight of the car and also due to the low inertia and rotating mass coupled with a better efficiency of the 2 speed gearbox and Centax clutch. On the other side, I thought that on the high speed straights, the car was a little floaty unlike the more stable 705. When 2nd speed engages, the car was a little scary to drive. Perhaps the stock 2nd gearing on the car was too tall for the track we run on.

I also found that the 710 can carry a lot of speed into sweeping corner speed and that the car is able to change directions very quickly. On tight apexes after a fast straight, the car is able to dive in and out quickly without any hesitation. Very sure footing when it comes to steering. This is just with a few hours playing with the car out of the box.

I have not tried the DRS feature yet. Hopefully soon.
Old 01-01-2004, 11:31 PM
Tech Apprentice

I have that problem....
Old 01-01-2004, 11:34 PM
Tech Prophet

Originally posted by Thaasman
I have that problem....
What I did was to set the length of the linkage to 39.5 mm instead of 44.5 mm. You need to cut the threaded linkage rod to be able to do this and also trim the ball cups shorter.

This allows you to mount the servo horn on the steering at 90 degrees against the linkage and not 90 degrees against the servo casing.
Old 01-01-2004, 11:37 PM
Tech Apprentice

What I did was to set the length of the linkage to 39.5 mm instead of 44.5 mm. You need to cut the threaded linkage rod to be able to do this and also trim the ball cups shorter.

This allows you to mount the servo horn on the steering at 90 degrees against the linkage and not 90 degrees against the servo casing.
Thanks, i'll try that!
Old 01-01-2004, 11:41 PM
Tech Champion

Binding as when you steer right, the servo horn on the steering servo goes back towards the tank and if it travels too far, the ball joints will interfere and rub against the servo horn. It can be as bad as making the steering servo mounting move...

No. I just wrap the receiver with black electrical tape and cut out the holes for the crystal and wiring.
Oh...i got it. Nope it is almost tho hitting each other and the servo already travel 100% but still ok...thanks for tha meticulate observation.
I have to use magnifying glass to see whether they touch each other and put my ears to here the 13kg servo sounds...crazy eh
Thanks D...now i feel at ease knowing its ok. phheeewww
Old 01-01-2004, 11:47 PM
Tech Champion

There u go....i know i'd heard this B4 from some Master before...well anyway u got yer answer Thaasman

I was angry before...after installing the upper deck..."forcing" the steering 2 cooperate with me to mount on the bottom hole, screwed tight the longer screws...ONLY to end up...shock!!what happen to my steering servo after max sub-trim!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

then i remember some "D" guy told me to cut the ball cup. I was lucky
Old 01-02-2004, 12:31 AM
Tech Fanatic

Default Re: Motor Mounts

Originally posted by JABRONI

I'm pretty sure I saw something on Mytsn about front CVD's in March or something tho ???
If serpent does release cvds, you won't ever find them on my car. All I want are spring steel dogbones.

I already went ahead and put the spring steel wheel axles on the front of my car, along with the vented brake disk. I think that the only other things I will need are the spring steel dogbones and the pin kit for the front axle?

Question for Julius: Did you all notice any wear on the front axle housing when using the pin kit? I would imagine the holes would wear into an oval, being alluminum.
Old 01-02-2004, 12:54 AM
Tech Fanatic

Initial D;

I just started building my 710... Where does the servo horn end up positioned on the servo?

It's not 90*... Is the angle somewhere in between 90* and 180*?
Maybe 135*?

Thanks to you and the rest of the guys posting here...

I really have learned alot about this kit from you guys!

Yes...It's my first Serpent and also my first 1/10 scale nitro car.
I started last year with an 1/8th scale MRX3... I love that car but when it came to the MTX3, I just never quite warmed up to it.
Old 01-02-2004, 01:12 AM
FTSPEEDWAY

Default Re: Re: Motor Mounts

Originally posted by Proficar403
If serpent does release cvds, you won't ever find them on my car. All I want are spring steel dogbones.

I already went ahead and put the spring steel wheel axles on the front of my car, along with the vented brake disk. I think that the only other things I will need are the spring steel dogbones and the pin kit for the front axle?

Question for Julius: Did you all notice any wear on the front axle housing when using the pin kit? I would imagine the holes would wear into an oval, being alluminum.
I believe the front spring steel dogbones from the impact/ 835 will fit the 710. Im not 100% positive but im pretty sure i read that some where

Old 01-02-2004, 01:15 AM
Tech Champion

Originally posted by NitroHead

Initial D;

I just started building my 710... Where does the servo horn end up positioned on the servo?

It's not 90*... Is the angle somewhere in between 90* and 180*?
Maybe 135*?

Thanks to you and the rest of the guys posting here...

I really have learned alot about this kit from you guys!

Yes...It's my first Serpent and also my first 1/10 scale nitro car.
I started last year with an 1/8th scale MRX3... I love that car but when it came to the MTX3, I just never quite warmed up to it.
Congratulation....me 2 It tooks me 3 days to read all the included manual, reference & setup book and till now the car is just not finished yet. Pricy kit needs full attention. I found out to be a snake driver u need skill, patience and lots of asking!!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.