Search this Thread

Old 12-30-2003, 10:39 PM
Tech Apprentice

how much play is it supposed to have?
Old 12-30-2003, 10:46 PM
Tech Apprentice

Originally posted by rcjayy
how much play is it supposed to have?
I don't actually measure the clearance, just set it so you can feel end float in the shaft.
Old 12-30-2003, 10:53 PM
Tech Regular

Originally posted by Pacman25
I don't actually measure the clearance, just set it so you can feel end float in the shaft.
On my 705, its between 1 to 2 mm.. I think this is ok...
The shaft doesn't really move, only the side pulley moves a bit...
Old 12-30-2003, 10:59 PM
Tech Apprentice

Originally posted by lawndoggie
On my 705, its between 1 to 2 mm.. I think this is ok...
The shaft doesn't really move, only the side pulley moves a bit...
I would have said 0.5mm if I had to give a figure. to much and the 2 speed moves side to side, so the engine position (centax gears) needs to in the center of the float.
Old 12-30-2003, 11:08 PM
Tech Adept

Originally posted by Sow&Steady
Zizu, I plan to be there. Let's keep in touch on this one
Ok.I'm sure it'll be nice to meet you.
Old 12-31-2003, 01:07 AM
Tech Adept

Default Re: clutch bell & pinion gears

Originally posted by clmbia45
None of the various special tools cluttering up my tool box will hold the clutch bell while tightening the pinion gears. In the past I've torqued them on tight with lock tight, so they wouldn't loosen with deceleration (other cars). So I wound up holding the bell in my hand and using the plastic gear holders to tighten them, and hope the engine will finish the job.
Any other suggestions?
With the Centax II, I've always used an allen key or thin screw driver through the bell housing holes, this has always been sufficient.
Old 12-31-2003, 01:50 AM
Tech Master

Default Re: Re: little bro's little S710

Originally posted by InitialD
Mop, so when is the big bro getting the 710? Nice pics BTW.

p/s: Why is the throttle linkage from the carb to the servo horn very long?
hehehhee.... nice guessing for the possibilities guys.... .. it is just he havent cut it.... now it was cut to lenght!!! dont worry!

Prof. D.... wheres yours S710?

mop
Old 12-31-2003, 02:16 AM
Tech Master

On a serious note, I actually tried to balance the car staticly on two pins in the middle of the car. I found that with everything installed minus the bodyshell and fuel, the car tended to lean heavier on the right side where the radios and servos are.

Any comments on this Julius? How important is it to balance the weight equal left and right? Should we add static weights on the left side to balance the car? I thought that the design of a center tank was just to get equal left to right balance all throught full to empty tank...
Rene C calculated that when using about 20 grams of weight on the chassis just left of the tank the chassis would close to perfect balance.

To be honest I think only very few drivers would notice the difference. Often a small tweak in the spring settings is more noticable....
Old 12-31-2003, 02:46 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally posted by jfc_tech
Hi everyone? Im a baby snsake here...
could any1 tell me is the bearing mentioned in the step 2.3 U7 7x14mm sealed or not. The picture shows its a sealed(purple) bearing, but what i found is not(or did it accidentally opened!!??)

thanks.
to add to the above question, Ok now i want to know where's the E13 screw??? 3x12mm(step 3.6)
Old 12-31-2003, 02:53 AM
Tech Apprentice

to add to the above question, Ok now i want to know where's the E13 screw??? 3x12mm(step 3.6)
Bag 5
Old 12-31-2003, 02:57 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Bag 5
Yea i tot so u would say that...but nope none. thats what make me stuck now....i think i use my spare screw for this...just so im done wit 710

What about the Bearing step 2.3? is it sealed or not? picture show yes
Old 12-31-2003, 03:32 AM
Tech Prophet

What about the Bearing step 2.3? is it sealed or not? picture show yes
Already answered ! Not sealled.
Old 12-31-2003, 03:40 AM
Tech Prophet

Originally posted by Julius
Rene C calculated that when using about 20 grams of weight on the chassis just left of the tank the chassis would close to perfect balance.

To be honest I think only very few drivers would notice the difference. Often a small tweak in the spring settings is more noticable....
Thanks for the reply Julius. Are you sure only 20 grams? Just that I did not have exact specific weights. I just loaded the car's left side with some Hudy tools on it to get a feel of how much should be and it was definitely not 20 grams. Perhaps the Sanwa radio gear is lighter than the Futaba one but a small personal transponder is already weighting 25 grams.
Old 12-31-2003, 03:51 AM
Tech Prophet

I would have said 0.5mm if I had to give a figure. to much and the 2 speed moves side to side, so the engine position (centax gears) needs to in the center of the float.
What I do on mine is this... I install the 2 speed spur housing as per the manual with the P13 (3 x 14 mm) pin. I spin the 2 speed spur so that it spins freely without binding.

I then lock the 22T side layshaft pulley onto the main shaft. The fitting is just nice to the side of the bearing while the 2nd speed spur housing on the opposite side can still spin freely with the P13 pin. After that is done, I finally position the 24T brake pulley so that it clears the base of the engine crankcase mounts and also the belting is straight with the rear diff pulley.
Old 12-31-2003, 03:57 AM
Tech Elite

Thanks for the reply Julius. Are you sure only 20 grams? Just that I did not have exact specific weights. I just loaded the car's left side with some Hudy tools on it to get a feel of how much should be and it was definitely not 20 grams. Perhaps the Sanwa radio gear is lighter than the Futaba one but a small personal transponder is already weighting 25 grams.
Mark G had 60 gms on the left side of the tank.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.