Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Serpent 710

Search this Thread

Old 12-29-2003, 09:14 PM
Tech Apprentice

Yo guys

when you place the clutch shoe in the second gear housing is it supposed to stick a little or turn freely within the housing, because I just placed the shoes in the 2nd gear housing and turned it a little and it not turning freely its sticking on something
Old 12-29-2003, 09:17 PM
Suspended

Default STILL NO 710

well,it was delevered today but no one was home,my 710 is at post office dammit...sniff,sniff
Old 12-29-2003, 09:17 PM
Tech Apprentice

also the grub screw on the other side of the gas tank, is that to be tighten all the way or what?
Old 12-29-2003, 10:11 PM
Tech Prophet

Originally posted by rcjayy
when you place the clutch shoe in the second gear housing is it supposed to stick a little or turn freely within the housing, because I just placed the shoes in the 2nd gear housing and turned it a little and it not turning freely its sticking on something
The 2nd speed spur housing should turn freely without any binding with the 2 speed shoes.

Page 29 (Step 9.2) of the manual describes how you should adjust the gap in between the 2nd speed spur housing and the 2 speed shoes.
Old 12-29-2003, 10:15 PM
Tech Prophet

Originally posted by rcjayy
also the grub screw on the other side of the gas tank, is that to be tighten all the way or what?
You mean the grub screw that goes into the sides of the tank cap as in page 22 (Step 6.4)?

Yes, you should screw it in till the grub screw is level to the outside surface. That grub screw is meant to seal off the air pressure in the tank so that it only comes out on the other side of the brass nipple.
Old 12-29-2003, 10:16 PM
Tech Prophet

Default Re: STILL NO 710

Originally posted by kenchoco
well,it was delevered today but no one was home,my 710 is at post office dammit...sniff,sniff
What I always do is I put my delivery address as my office address if that's possible for you. That way, I always get my packages when I'm at work.
Old 12-29-2003, 11:01 PM
Tech Regular

Default Re: STILL NO 710

Originally posted by kenchoco

I thought Post Office closes on Sunday?
Old 12-30-2003, 02:54 AM
Tech Initiate

Finished building mine and took a run on sunday. Car is extremely smooth and accelerates like it is shot out of a cannon. Pushed terribly! I think it is because I did not get the brakes properly adjusted though, really. Plus the track was so slick and I did not play with tires or anything. I had motor problems, as I had put an old Novamega that has a bad carb. So I went and got a new RB Rody 3-Port and I will test all this weekend!
Attached Thumbnails Serpent 710-serpent710-2004-038.jpg  
Old 12-30-2003, 03:32 AM
Tech Adept

Guys,

I am trying to mine a little more setup, i disconnected the frnt and rear sway bars and shocks. Then set the droop as per the setup book, when i reconnected the shocks and swaybars i measured it again and it is out? Is this normal?

SN
Old 12-30-2003, 04:08 AM
Tech Adept

With barely 2 to 3 weeks of getting the car, I would not think you would be an instant world champ driving it ! At the end of the day, it's the driver that makes the difference.
Fair enough.But the G4 drivers only got their cars about 3 weeks ago.So it's fair game.All used to drive MTX3, V1RR and even Impulse Pro.

Oh? Then you guys with the G4s need to go over to Malaysia and race with D!
We're planning to go to Kuching for the Asean Cup

Aha! You've got a point there D. Was there 'anyone' driving the 710s when the G4s blew them away?
One of the 710s were being driven by the country top driver.

Yeap, not only that, the G4s are they used are probably souped up and costs 3 times more than the 710s (or 705s for that matter!)
All stock except alu wheel hexes.
Old 12-30-2003, 04:08 AM
Tech Initiate

Originally posted by S710_Nut
Guys,

I am trying to mine a little more setup, i disconnected the frnt and rear sway bars and shocks. Then set the droop as per the setup book, when i reconnected the shocks and swaybars i measured it again and it is out? Is this normal?

SN
In the front theres no problem, U can adjust it by using the little level at the right. Also make sure your shocks are having the same size.

I have the same problem with the rear sway bar, when connecting it, my right arm goes up 1mm. my sway bar links are the same size and the sway bar is flat (not bend)..
Old 12-30-2003, 04:10 AM
Tech Adept

Is this Zizu Zidane?
Nope..Zizu Zizou
Old 12-30-2003, 04:40 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally posted by Zizu

We're planning to go to Kuching for the Asean Cup
Do you have a details on this ?
venues or dates maybe?
thank you..
Old 12-30-2003, 04:49 AM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by Diesel Racer
Thanks, at what range does the pipe work?

I assume you run in the foam class here in the UK as your using the Outlaw pipe, have you considered racing down at Brooklands? (next meeting Sunday 4th Jan) Having just received my Hudy tyre truer for Christmas I'm swapping over to foam but they tell me the numbers were down for foam at the last 2 meetings so we need to bolster some support.

Come on Sow&Steady you know you want to!
Yes Diesel, I run the foam class. I would love to race at Brookland, I'll try to make it up there another time though because am little tied up on the 4th with something else.

Heh heh ... I really really want to, don't you just know it
Old 12-30-2003, 04:58 AM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by Diesel Racer
Thanks, at what range does the pipe work?
Forgot to answer you on this one ... I've tried it with a NovaRossi as well as an RB and it seems that the powerband is really good at mid-to-high range. If your track is large and flowing then this pipe is perfect especially with the RB. Its even better with the RB Rody Tuned

Now this does not mean that its not good for the low-end either but I find the TP04 a little better. One thing for sure, some people I know don't like the Shark in-line version, not sure why.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.