Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Serpent 710

Search this Thread

Old 01-26-2006, 10:34 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by jag
I installed the body posts on the front side of the shock tower but I took an old set of posts and cut the post off the base and used the base as a spacer to move the post further forward. I saw this on either Paolo's or Scotty's car... maybe both.
Thanks Jag and rccobra705, I just found out the length of Mazda 6 is shorter than Stratus 3.1
that's why it's causing the problem.
Old 01-29-2006, 07:09 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by jag
I installed the body posts on the front side of the shock tower but I took an old set of posts and cut the post off the base and used the base as a spacer to move the post further forward. I saw this on either Paolo's or Scotty's car... maybe both.
I've seen this done too but with the bottom also drilled out to take a screw. Ensures rigidity.
Old 01-31-2006, 02:35 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Default pro axles

Hi i've just got my 710 going, i've read about pro axles being fitted to cars, how are they different to the standard axles in the kit & where can i purchase them.

Regards Paul
Old 01-31-2006, 05:39 AM
Tech Master

They are lightened versions of the normal wheelaxles. They are a direct replacement.
http://www.mytsn.com/products/desc.asp?prid=262

I'd suggest running the car with the stock axles first. If you want to try something different I'd suggest using these: http://www.mytsn.com/products/desc.asp?prid=3405

Also a direct fit for front and rear of the 710.
Old 01-31-2006, 01:10 PM
Tech Rookie

Default Problem with using brass cone for Mega zx12...

Hi guys...
(first post, yiihaa)

I bought a brand new Mega zx12 engine. When I started to fit the centax, I realised that the crankshaft is only 6mm, making the 7mm brass cone supplied with the 710 kit useless...

The zx12 is supplied with a steel cone approx 0,5mm "longer" than the brass one in the s710 kit. Is it possible to use the steel one without the 0,5 shim or is there a 6mm brass cone available?? (all info I can find is "use the cone supplied in 710 kit", but what if it doesn't fit???)

Anybody with experience fitting the zx12 in a 710??

Feels kinda strange that the Mega doesn't fit the 710, they are produced by the same company after all...

Hope you guys can give me some advice.
Old 01-31-2006, 01:35 PM
jag
Tech Master

Originally Posted by MartinG
Hi guys...
(first post, yiihaa)

I bought a brand new Mega zx12 engine. When I started to fit the centax, I realised that the crankshaft is only 6mm, making the 7mm brass cone supplied with the 710 kit useless...

The zx12 is supplied with a steel cone approx 0,5mm "longer" than the brass one in the s710 kit. Is it possible to use the steel one without the 0,5 shim or is there a 6mm brass cone available?? (all info I can find is "use the cone supplied in 710 kit", but what if it doesn't fit???)

Feels kinda strange that the Mega doesn't fit the 710, they are produced by the same company after all...

I used the collet that came with the engine and did not use the spacer. It fits fine. You may also want to use a slightly shorter hex screw to hold the clutch bell on. The one that comes with the kit fits well on a Novarossi but is around 2mm long for the Mega.
Old 01-31-2006, 02:41 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by MartinG
Hi guys...
(first post, yiihaa)

I use the collet that comes with the engine. I do use a 0.5mm shim behind the flywheel as it keeps me from adding a 0.5mm shim on the thrust bearing side. Just use the 0.5 shim that comes with the clutch package.

As Jag said, do use a slightly shorter screw to hold the clutch bell.
Old 02-01-2006, 09:29 AM
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by Julius
I use the collet that comes with the engine. I do use a 0.5mm shim behind the flywheel as it keeps me from adding a 0.5mm shim on the thrust bearing side. Just use the 0.5 shim that comes with the clutch package.

As Jag said, do use a slightly shorter screw to hold the clutch bell.
Thanks...
I think I'll use the engine collet without the 0,5 shim as this gives the outer bearing (not the thrust b) a little more room on the crankshaft...
Old 02-02-2006, 04:41 PM
Tech Addict

Default Aluminum side pulley

Guys,

I saw in one of Serpent's option catalogue/leaflet that the aluminum side pulley also comes in 22T and 23T (802172 and 802173 respectively)
I went to MyTSN but it's not listed in there...
Can someone kindly clarify?

As far as I know, there is only 21T (802171)

Old 02-03-2006, 12:29 PM
Tech Adept

Smile

Hi, has any one used in the centax III, the new Centax II / III spring 1.8 (10mm) 909520, and if this is the case can you explain how did it change the set up of the pre load spring in the centax.

Thank

Jose
Old 02-03-2006, 12:51 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Darth Vader
Guys,

I saw in one of Serpent's option catalogue/leaflet that the aluminum side pulley also comes in 22T and 23T (802172 and 802173 respectively)
I went to MyTSN but it's not listed in there...
Can someone kindly clarify?

As far as I know, there is only 21T (802171)

far as i know they never put them on the market its just on the flyer.
Old 02-03-2006, 02:15 PM
Tech Master

[QUOTE=rcpanama]Hi, has any one used in the centax III, the new Centax II / III spring 1.8 (10mm) 909520, and if this is the case can you explain how did it change the set up of the pre load spring in the centax.

Thank

Jose[
well the new spring is from what i know is longer to help with coil bind . thats why its longer. so when you use it you will have load on the spring from the top with the nut . so you will not have to turn it far down like the old one to get preload.
Old 02-03-2006, 06:27 PM
Tech Rookie

Hello people

I have bought the serpent 710 ith the Centax III clutch. I have some guestions about assembeling the thing.
I have shimmed the clutchbell at 0.6\0.7 mm and then started to look at the endplay, with everything installed and clutchbell play set like above i want to shim the endplay. It say's in the manual "reduce the endplay to minimal with the use off shims right after the springnut", so i need to shim it so that the clutchbell has minimal movement on the crankshaft axel? I ask this because the clutchbell can move over 1mm on the shaft? Do i need to shim it so that the clutchbell has minimal movement? If yes, doesnt that affect the clutchbell setting off 0.6\0.7mm ??

Maybe a dumb question but i find it difficult to read exactly what the manual means with endplay (Me being dutch with a englisch manual can cause this)
Thanks for any advice on this!!

Ron
Old 02-03-2006, 07:40 PM
jag
Tech Master

Originally Posted by justforfun
Hello people

I have bought the serpent 710 ith the Centax III clutch. I have some guestions about assembeling the thing.
I have shimmed the clutchbell at 0.6\0.7 mm and then started to look at the endplay, with everything installed and clutchbell play set like above i want to shim the endplay. It say's in the manual "reduce the endplay to minimal with the use off shims right after the springnut", so i need to shim it so that the clutchbell has minimal movement on the crankshaft axel? I ask this because the clutchbell can move over 1mm on the shaft? Do i need to shim it so that the clutchbell has minimal movement? If yes, doesnt that affect the clutchbell setting off 0.6\0.7mm ??

Maybe a dumb question but i find it difficult to read exactly what the manual means with endplay (Me being dutch with a englisch manual can cause this)
Thanks for any advice on this!!

Ron

Yes, place shims (the small ones) between the clutch nut and the inner bearing to reduce the end play to a minimum. This will not effect the clutch gap you previously set. I find that the more end play I have the more aggressive the clutch will engage. I suggest you read the article "How to build a centax III clutch" by Glenn Caully (if you have not already) on mytsn. It is a great article.
Old 02-04-2006, 03:03 AM
Tech Adept

Default 3D modell of 710

AFAIK it hasn't been posted here before, but some forum members already discoverd this site (some names in guestbook were familiar..).
But here is a site of a 710 driver that measured every single part of the 710 , put it in a very nice 3D modell, movies included.

Take a look !

http://home.12move.nl/bas.geurds/

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.