Originally Posted by _cyclops_
So, i'm already warming up for the comming outdoor season here.. and i'm planning om making my car a little lighter. With the new rear diff being one of the improvements
Now what hop-ups or mods do you guys apply to the 710 to make it lighter?
If you are really serious about it .. then here is a go crazy way :-
- all titanium screws
- agree with you, new gear diff
- or the rear ball diff without the Al clamp but with ceramic balls
- run front one-way (locked mode if you have to)
- hollow rear shaft
- Al mid shaft
- No Al hop ups
- use the lightweight Al pulley holders (pulleys themselves are stock)
- Use the Mega engine (7 fins, light head)
- remove the radio box cover
- remove foam bumper
- change out all the Al hex that hold the pivot balls with teflon ones
- use any disc brakes with thousands of holes in it!
- run the smallest dia foam tyres you can
- drill lotsa holes in the chassis
- change the steering links to Ti
- don't use rear ARB if you can
- if not, use Ti links there too and the stock ARB
- Use an OS pipe (T202 I think?)... really light!
- remove the rollover protector (802138)
- use plastic shock bodies
- use only ceramic bearings ... all
- use only one coat, one colour on your body shell
- use 6v camera battery for qualifying (test for the right one!), normal batteries for final
- use Futaba S9550 servos
- use Ti pins for the arms (eg the 802226, replace them. Hunt around the Ti ones for other cars)
The record? I've seen my friend's 710 weigh 1450 gms with 59mm foam tyres but without shell.
Now go to work and beat that!