Search

Serpent 710

Search this Thread

Old 12-29-2003, 01:09 PM
Tech Elite

Default Re: MGs Race report

Originally posted by RobbyDV
http://www.mytsn.com/publ/publ.asp?pid=9430
Well done RobbyDV, I was waiting for this article!
Old 12-29-2003, 01:13 PM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by InitialD
Any changes made to the car?
D, I forgot to mention that he used Blue springs in the front and Red in the rear ... on this low traction track!

Here's the set-up:

http://www.mytsn.com/setups/setup.asp?sid=2188
Old 12-29-2003, 01:16 PM
Tech Adept

Originally posted by Sow&Steady
Sorry to interject ... I personally love the Shark Outlaw. this after trying the stock EFRAs, NovaMegas etc. If you're an outlaw bunch of racers then try out this one out.
Thanks, at what range does the pipe work?

I assume you run in the foam class here in the UK as your using the Outlaw pipe, have you considered racing down at Brooklands? (next meeting Sunday 4th Jan) Having just received my Hudy tyre truer for Christmas I'm swapping over to foam but they tell me the numbers were down for foam at the last 2 meetings so we need to bolster some support.

Come on Sow&Steady you know you want to!
Old 12-29-2003, 03:52 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default Solid Axle

Does anyone in the US have the pins needed to convert the one way into a solid axle?
Old 12-29-2003, 03:59 PM
Tech Adept

Default Re: Solid Axle

Originally posted by kreidel
Does anyone in the US have the pins needed to convert the one way into a solid axle?
I don't think they are available yet? I heard not till Feb 04!

SN
Old 12-29-2003, 04:02 PM
Tech Fanatic

Winners Circle in Ga has the pins call 1-800-nitrorc ask for Lee
Old 12-29-2003, 04:22 PM
Company Representative

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

ups came 10 minutes ago...

Attached Thumbnails Serpent 710-10-minutes.jpg  
Old 12-29-2003, 04:25 PM
Que
Tech Adept

What is there where web site number
Old 12-29-2003, 04:29 PM
Que
Tech Adept

Sorry but what is the website? Sorry at work and doing this can get confusing
Old 12-29-2003, 05:00 PM
Tech Prophet

Originally posted by Que
Sorry but what is the website? Sorry at work and doing this can get confusing
http://www.gasrccar.com/
Old 12-29-2003, 05:02 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Thumbs up First runs with 710s...

We ran our 710s yesterday.. Just 4 tanks of development and the car seems very comfortable on our local track now.

First off, the car is a WHOLE NEW EXPERIENCE from my piggish old impulse pro.. Feels (almost) like i'm driving an xray!!

Changes direction easily, forgiving when i come off the line (which is very often due to my driving skill!) and blinding fast even with my dinky 3port novamega (that hasn't been serviced since i bought it along with my pro about 2 yrs ago).

Our track is medium-large with a long str8, a wide sweeper and medium hairpins.. Changes made were minimal:

1) I dropped the speedminds for ellegis that came with the car... Btw, the rear tire does seems softer. After two tanks, the rear was worn faster too.

2) The diff clamp was completely loose at the start of the day and our diffs were still tight. However, it gets looser with each tank and the screw needs to be tightened again. By the 4th tank, the diff stops 'adjusting itself'. We ran it quite tight for the track. Made for awesome corner exits!

3) Running the front narrower than stock gave the car a tighter on-power exit. For the first 1 or 2 tanks, i nearly went wide into the grass each time i tried to gun out of the turns.

4) I had some strange black gunk buildup on the centre bearing of the belt tensioner. And my main belt was marked somehow.. (can be seen clearly in the pic) The rear belt turned a bit pale too.

5) Durability: Raygun had a couple of medium hits and the rear arm pivot ball pulled itself out. Definitely a weak point. He also broke a bit of his bumper.

I was rear ended by a 1/10 lola car (heh) but nothing happened. BOTH our DRS links were slightly scuffed by the 1st speed gear.

The bottom of my RX box was also a bit scuffed after a few slight skips on corner islands.

Overall, i don't think this car is as strong as the impulse and 705.. On the other hand, the impulse and 705 were built like M1 Abrams and NEVER took less than 4 tanks to inspire the kind of confidence we had after yesterday's run!

Good job serpent...

My car after 4 tanks:
Attached Thumbnails Serpent 710-img_6038-b.jpg  
Old 12-29-2003, 05:15 PM
Tech Prophet

Originally posted by Diesel Racer
How does that Shark pipe perform D compared to a matched pipe/engine combo?
Sow&Steady is right. I like the pipe. I think the outlaw shark pipe is high end biased since I need to richen the HSN settings from what I was used to. If not, the engine revs very high. Initially, I thought it was low end since the pipe is very long. Anyway, there are insert spacers to lengthen the pipe at the manifold pipe joint. I chose to take it out and I'm now at 108 mm in terms of pipe length. I believe this is already long and should be low biased as the Novarossi inline pipes are like 94 to 96 mm... Perhaps if I put those inserts in, it'll be low end biased. I believe the pipe length was like 114 mm with the 2 inserts.

However, with the 710, be warned to install the pipe / manifold carefully as the rear side pulley can touch the manifold because it's very long.

Anyway, with my kind of driving, I need a pipe that is durable as the shark inline ! The thing is really hard and it'll last a few hard knocks.
Old 12-29-2003, 05:20 PM
Tech Prophet

Originally posted by ammdrew
ups came 10 minutes ago...

Andrew, you can do better than that ! You've got 3 more kits to go !
Old 12-29-2003, 05:21 PM
Tech Prophet

Originally posted by Diesel Racer
Come on Sow&Steady you know you want to!
I think he needs to come back to assemble his 710s, test it and head to Thailand on January 10th and 11th for some kick ass action !
Old 12-29-2003, 05:25 PM
Tech Prophet

Default Re: Solid Axle

Originally posted by kreidel
I saw some local guys here using self made pins to lock the one way front. They cut some of the left overs of the brake / throttle linkage and inserted them into the holes to lock the one way. To keep the pins in place, they wrap it around using a silicone exhaust coupler meant to join 2 piece pipes / manifolds ! That's a cheap solution for ya !

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.