We ran our 710s yesterday.. Just 4 tanks of development and the car seems very comfortable on our local track now.
First off, the car is a WHOLE NEW EXPERIENCE from my piggish old impulse pro.. Feels (almost) like i'm driving an xray!!
Changes direction easily, forgiving when i come off the line (which is very often due to my driving skill!) and blinding fast even with my dinky 3port novamega (that hasn't been serviced since i bought it along with my pro about 2 yrs ago).
Our track is medium-large with a long str8, a wide sweeper and medium hairpins.. Changes made were minimal:
1) I dropped the speedminds for ellegis that came with the car... Btw, the rear tire does seems softer. After two tanks, the rear was worn faster too.
2) The diff clamp was completely loose at the start of the day and our diffs were still tight. However, it gets looser with each tank and the screw needs to be tightened again. By the 4th tank, the diff stops 'adjusting itself'. We ran it quite tight for the track. Made for awesome corner exits!
3) Running the front narrower than stock gave the car a tighter on-power exit. For the first 1 or 2 tanks, i nearly went wide into the grass each time i tried to gun out of the turns.
4) I had some strange black gunk buildup on the centre bearing of the belt tensioner. And my main belt was marked somehow.. (can be seen clearly in the pic) The rear belt turned a bit pale too.
5) Durability: Raygun had a couple of medium hits and the rear arm pivot ball pulled itself out. Definitely a weak point. He also broke a bit of his bumper.
I was rear ended by a 1/10 lola car (heh) but nothing happened. BOTH our DRS links were slightly scuffed by the 1st speed gear.
The bottom of my RX box was also a bit scuffed after a few slight skips on corner islands.
Overall, i don't think this car is as strong as the impulse and 705.. On the other hand, the impulse and 705 were built like M1 Abrams and NEVER took less than 4 tanks to inspire the kind of confidence we had after yesterday's run!
Good job serpent...
My car after 4 tanks: