Serpent 710

Old 09-27-2005, 07:25 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by markp27
Now that's what I call true dedication Saturday, you say.... easy man!

Are you going to be there the full week?

Cheers, Mark.
Won't be there for the week. I don't plan on racing there for the 2006. That's why you need to make it to Saturday's main and I'll pit for you
Old 09-27-2005, 08:51 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by JustRace
Won't be there for the week. I don't plan on racing there for the 2006. That's why you need to make it to Saturday's main and I'll pit for you
No problem man
Old 09-27-2005, 10:43 AM
Tech Elite

Na, not after Meister gets a hold of him
Right, I get it now ... Meister *wants* the job of being your pit-monkey!
Old 09-27-2005, 10:43 AM
Tech Elite

Mark...I'll be your pit monkey but only if you make it to Saturday
I'd be surprised if he makes it beyond Friday FLEE!
Old 09-27-2005, 10:50 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by soc123_au
Hello snake lovers, after racing my NTC3 since they came out I have decided to go back to the darkside (belts). I have picked up a 710 at a good price to try out, & thought I would ask the experts on what pitfalls I need to be wary of with the car & also must have spares for the pit box. I just want enough gear to keep the car in shape for a few race meets to make sure I like it before buying a new kit. I have read the last few pages of this thread, but 600 odd pages is a bit of a stretch. By the time I finished reading it would be irrelevant as the 720 would be out. Thanks in advance.
Sounds like you're an experienced racer so the only spares you'd need would probably be the belts. The current kit ships with thicjer shock-towers so this is no longer an issue. Other than that you'd just need to keep the usual items such as different spurs and pinions, shock springs and oil and perhaps glow plugs!

If you get hit at the right spot by another car from behind you may end up breaking your rear shock shaft. Other than that if you don't crash not much will break. The occasional off will not break anything 99% of the time.
Old 09-27-2005, 10:52 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Sow&Steady
I'd be surprised if he makes it beyond Friday FLEE!
Bro - man you after another family argument You only don't want to turn up, as Meister is going to kick your arse
Old 09-27-2005, 11:25 AM
jag
Tech Master

Default Gear Diff

Is there any performance/handling benefit to using a gear diff vs. a ball diff?
Old 09-27-2005, 12:22 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by jag
Is there any performance/handling benefit to using a gear diff vs. a ball diff?
Absolutely - I used a Gear Diff at the weekend and had a direct comparison to the ball diff, the Gear Diff is a dream to drive - once you try it you won't go back.

Cheers, Mark.
Old 09-27-2005, 01:27 PM
jag
Tech Master

Absolutely - I used a Gear Diff at the weekend and had a direct comparison to the ball diff, the Gear Diff is a dream to drive - once you try it you won't go back.

Cheers, Mark.
Interesting... and where did you get this gear diff? I actually saw a Serpent guy using one this weekend. It was very nice. They are a lot smoother than the ball diff.
Old 09-27-2005, 01:31 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by jag
Interesting... and where did you get this gear diff? I actually saw a Serpent guy using one this weekend. It was very nice. They are a lot smoother than the ball diff.
I borrowed it off my team mate who built it himself - very nice!!! The Serpent diff looks very nice, too and you're right it is extremely smooth.

Cheers, Mark.
Old 09-27-2005, 01:49 PM
Tech Regular

Cheers, Mark.
Mark...where did you get the gear diff from? Are you going to write a FAQ on convert to gear diff? BTW...I ran at Fort this weekend and the traction was over the top. Traction rolled about 10 times during my heat.

Sow...with the gear diff Mark will be in Saturday's heat

Jag...(pit monkey) didn't you ask enough questions over the weekend? LOL

I think the gear diff was a modified Kyosho diff.
Old 09-27-2005, 02:11 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Yes it's a modified diff of the v-one rrr. A while a go i heard some guys on the track on how to build it, but i forgot how But they are testing the retail version now. They said it wouldn't be to long before it comes.
Probably in a month or sow.
Old 09-27-2005, 02:54 PM
Tech Elite

Mark...where did you get the gear diff from? Are you going to write a FAQ on convert to gear diff? BTW...I ran at Fort this weekend and the traction was over the top. Traction rolled about 10 times during my heat.

Sow...with the gear diff Mark will be in Saturday's heat
Probably but he needs two other things, one is his family pit-monkey to get help him *get* that far. The other mod is definitely needed if what you say about the traction is true but he's too lazy to do it. I'll write up about it one of these days ... just hope I get round to it before the new car is released!

Jag...(pit monkey) didn't you ask enough questions over the weekend? LOL

I think the gear diff was a modified Kyosho diff.
The one MarkP27 used is a modified 705 gear diff.
Old 09-27-2005, 07:02 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Sounds like you're an experienced racer so the only spares you'd need would probably be the belts. The current kit ships with thicjer shock-towers so this is no longer an issue. Other than that you'd just need to keep the usual items such as different spurs and pinions, shock springs and oil and perhaps glow plugs!

If you get hit at the right spot by another car from behind you may end up breaking your rear shock shaft. Other than that if you don't crash not much will break. The occasional off will not break anything 99% of the time.
Thanks for the reply, I downloaded the FAQ from Markp27's sig. From what I have read so far that should answer most of my questions. Well done to everyone involved in putting that together, very comprehensive. With a bit of luck I should have the used car by the weekend so I can get familiar with it.
Old 09-27-2005, 09:44 PM
Tech Regular

The one MarkP27 used is a modified 705 gear diff.

Which diff was that? I had a 705 and it definitely used a ball diff.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.