Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Serpent 710

Search this Thread

Old 05-26-2005, 09:26 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by 710baby
The Universals are the same Serpent is now a distributor in the US for 3racing as for the new serpent milled chasis it is available got mine's in today really sweet & just finished instaliing it really impressed me on lowering the cg. now I get a chance to see how much more change it is gonna do since my car was dialed already.
Are you saying the new Serpent universals are made by 3-Racing ? Or they just look alike ?
Old 05-26-2005, 10:10 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (75%+)

Originally Posted by redsand
Are you saying the new Serpent universals are made by 3-Racing ? Or they just look alike ?
Serpent USA is the distributor for 3Racing in the US........... so, that means they are 3Racing universals. In other words Serpent USA is now selling 3Racing products.
Old 05-26-2005, 10:16 PM
Tech Prophet

Originally Posted by RMeira
Another question ..
I put the engine on it's mount. the one that came with the 710 kit.
And the pinions seems to be too "tight" with the other gears, so i asked a guy who understands more of that, to help me out ..
He unscrewed the engine screws, and he managed to get the engine to a position where it spins muuuch more freely..
Ok ...
When i got home .. i realized, that the engine was not paralel to the rear axis (the one with the brake disk) ....
Another friend of mine told me that was not good, and to not run the car like that ..
He said we need to adjust the engine mount holes in the chassi.
Any advices for me to look at !? before i dremel my chassi ?!
Tnks guys
Rodrigo Meira
Rodrigo, what pinions are you mounting on the clutchbell? The stock ones that come with the kit (17T/22T)? I know that the older bacthes of the 16T 1st gear pinion (bronze / black) used to do that but not the newer silver ones anymore. Are the pinions bronze or silver in colour? The silver coloured ones are suppose to be the newer ones and you should not have problems in the gear meshing.
Old 05-26-2005, 11:22 PM
Tech Initiate

I'm using the silver ones ... 17/22T ... new pinions ..
Well ... i'll just try to adjust the engine a little more ;-(.
TY for your advices ....
See u
Rodrigo Meira
Old 05-27-2005, 12:32 AM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by PUNISHER
Serpent USA is the distributor for 3Racing in the US........... so, that means they are 3Racing universals. In other words Serpent USA is now selling 3Racing products.
The Serpent universals are nor the same than the universals from 3Racing.
You guys are right, they look nearly the same, but they are not.
That, just to clarify before a big rumour gets started.

See you guy’s
Rene
Old 05-27-2005, 12:38 AM
Tech Elite

What?

I hope you're wrong. A company in US, whether it calls itself Serpent USA or Moogen USA, can distribute anything they want, in their own packaging. Only Serpent BV can take any parts they want and package them into the official packaging or make decisions as to what parts are official Serpent parts. At least, this is the "normal" business conduct unless Serpent BV and Serpent USA has an iron-clad agreement that they are each independent in doing whatever they like!

If Serpent BV takes 3-racing's universals and pakage them in plastic bags with the new orange Serpent tags then I guess you are right but this is not what I've heard. The universals may look like 3Racing ones but I'm told they're made for Serpent by someone else, better quality etc etc.
Old 05-27-2005, 12:38 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Rene C.
The Serpent universals are nor the same than the universals from 3Racing.
You guys are right, they look nearly the same, but they are not.
That, just to clarify before a big rumour gets started.

See you guy’s
Rene
Ah! Doctor Rene was much quicker than me!
Old 05-27-2005, 02:09 AM
Tech Prophet

Originally Posted by Sow&Steady
Ah! Doctor Rene was much quicker than me!
Dr. Rene is not quicker... You're just too Slow&Steady.
Old 05-27-2005, 03:54 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by InitialD
Dr. Rene is not quicker... You're just too Slow&Steady.

Old 05-27-2005, 04:25 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 91 (100%+)

I Believe so as for the universals I will get confirmation when I speak to one of the team drivers. When the car first came out 3racing was the only company to offer universals. I received confirmation from serpent like three months ago that Serpent USA is now carrying 3racing products. For those that have seen the spring steel axle carriers for the 950R it is mabe by Hudy exclusive technology Can't wait for them to be available for the 710 it smooth's out onpower steering like the XRAY cars.
Old 05-27-2005, 04:48 AM
Tech Prophet

I Believe so as for the universals I will get confirmation when I speak to one of the team drivers.
What more proof do you want when the chief designer for the Serpent 710 himself has spoken and confirmed on this very forum a few hours ago that they are of Serpent design and not from 3Racing?

When the car first came out 3racing was the only company to offer universals.
That is a fact.

I received confirmation from serpent like three months ago that Serpent USA is now carrying 3racing products.
And that's already yesterday's news... There are also pics to proof that Serpent USA distributes 3Racing products.
Old 05-27-2005, 04:58 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by InitialD
Yes, it was discussed just recently. I think there was no correct answer. Like Justrace, I install mine the same as his. I find that the brakes will not grab so suddenly and giving rear wheel lock and gives a more linear braking.

But then looking at how AMG Mercedes install on their real 1:1 cars, it's the other way around ! Perhaps they want better braking and they can afford the stability as they don't run oneway front ! So there is no real answer. Just test and see which side you prefer.
Ah, yes the picture of the Merc....
Did you see the pic of the wheel on the other side???? Indeed other way round installed it was
Old 05-27-2005, 05:33 AM
Tech Prophet

Originally Posted by Julius
Indeed other way round installed it was
Master Yoda?

So, do you mean to say that it does not matter the direction of the disc?
Old 05-27-2005, 07:48 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Julius
Ah, yes the picture of the Merc....
Did you see the pic of the wheel on the other side???? Indeed other way round installed it was
So Master Yoda...are you saying matter it does not?
Old 05-27-2005, 07:55 AM

If you guys keep asking/wondering.. I think the next batch will come in straight holes pattern

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.