Search this Thread

Old 11-11-2003, 02:12 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally posted by Julius

I'd say it will be lower than 2.0 ....

Could be my math.

Julius
I dont think so... this time.
If engine turns at 22.000 rpm, and the gear ratio was 2.2, divided by internal ratio(IR) "2" so the wheel rpm(W) will be 5000rpm.
Im sure the 2spd shaft was turns at 2500 rpm.
To achive the same W value (5000 rpm), but to reduce the shaft rpm the IR must be in higher than 2, says it will be 2.5. So the shaft only turns at 2000rpm. Must use 1.76 gear ratio to compensate that.
Now, we gain same performance but with slower 2spd shaft rpm.

Im not sure about my math
Am I right??

Oh..mom! now I regret coz Im not study well backthen...
Old 11-11-2003, 04:36 AM
Tech Fanatic

The shaft speed of the transmission is only divided by the ratio of the spur and clutch bell gears. So, if the spur gear is 54T and the clutch is 27, the ratio is 2.00:1, so the rpm of the two-speed shaft will only be half that of the engine. If the engine turns 40,000 rpm, the two-speed will be turning 20,000 rpm.
Old 11-11-2003, 04:50 AM
Tech Elite

Location: Louisville, KY!.. USA!! ....Home of http://www.fastharry.com
Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Has anyone(besides J man) actually seen this car..or seen it run(prototypes included)..??
Old 11-11-2003, 05:48 AM
Tech Master

Originally posted by GoldFinger
I dont think so... this time.
If engine turns at 22.000 rpm, and the gear ratio was 2.2, divided by internal ratio(IR) "2" so the wheel rpm(W) will be 5000rpm.
Im sure the 2spd shaft was turns at 2500 rpm.
To achive the same W value (5000 rpm), but to reduce the shaft rpm the IR must be in higher than 2, says it will be 2.5. So the shaft only turns at 2000rpm. Must use 1.76 gear ratio to compensate that.
Now, we gain same performance but with slower 2spd shaft rpm.

Im not sure about my math
Am I right??

Oh..mom! now I regret coz Im not study well backthen...
ok how about you download this simple software.... it is cool!!!!

go to http://www.waits.net/public/rcgears/

thanks to the creator!

after you download this software... then you can bring your laptop to the track.... cool.... its like your car is on COMPUTER SETUP.... har har har... everybody would be nervous when they see you with the laptop. try to connect some wires from your laptop to your RC... whhooaaaaaa.....

mop
Old 11-11-2003, 05:58 AM
Tech Master

Originally posted by mop_iko
ok how about you download this simple software.... it is cool!!!!

mop- you're here too I thought youre not getting the 710
Old 11-11-2003, 06:22 AM
Tech Master

Originally posted by centax error!
mop- you're here too I thought youre not getting the 710
yup... due to financial problem... i will not take the 710 now.. BUT I WILL next year... i joined this to get into the groove.... get to know more of 710 before i get one!

mop
Old 11-11-2003, 06:57 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally posted by SteveP
The shaft speed of the transmission is only divided by the ratio of the spur and clutch bell gears. So, if the spur gear is 54T and the clutch is 27, the ratio is 2.00:1, so the rpm of the two-speed shaft will only be half that of the engine. If the engine turns 40,000 rpm, the two-speed will be turning 20,000 rpm.
Hi Steve.. thank you for clear me up.
I think I got mixed up with multiplying and dividing.
btw, what is your personal opinion about this new car?

Hi Mop.. very cool idea
Actually, sometimes i did brought my laptop but nothing to do with the car. It was for printing a list of friends that owe me some parts or option...
Old 11-11-2003, 07:28 AM
Tech Regular

Alright, this is the type of stuff we should be discussing... is it active, or simply dynamic... My earlier post may have been a little edgy, sorry bout that, but I felt that the thread was wandering astray. Here is a true concern for me since I am planning to race a 710 at the not too far away winternats. parts support. With this new design can anyone tell me: (and maybe this info is available elsewhere on line...)

a) pulleys, belts and gears are obviously all new from 705, will there be a decent inventory from Serpent USA by, say early to mid January?

b) with the new diff sizes, can the old solid axle and dogbones from the impact still be used? maybe with a new pulley... (And will that pulley be available before the winternats?

c) Gear ratios have been discussed earlier in this thread, when can we get info from Serpent on how the ratios compare with the 705.

and WHEN, WHEN can I finally lay my hands on one of these machines....
Old 11-11-2003, 07:39 AM
Tech Master

Originally posted by fmolzer

sorry i cant answer the technical things u ask... coz i am a newbie.... but we have 3 more days for its OFFICIAL LAUNCH... (if i am correct) 14th Nov... is the date... and most probebly by mid DEC you can get it from your LHS!!!! book now.... dont be late.

the pic of the rear diff

this is cool.... close your eyes and turn the screw.. walllaaa.... you can adjust your rear diff... yeeaaahhh.... but can we make sure the screw will stays..... all the way through out the race?

mop

Old 11-11-2003, 01:08 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (75%+)

Hhhmmm.....is that a hollow 2speed shaft in that pic of the new 710 gear-box!?!?!
Old 11-11-2003, 01:29 PM
Tech Regular

Originally posted by PUNISHER
Hhhmmm.....is that a hollow 2speed shaft in that pic of the new 710 gear-box!?!?!
Sure looks like it. It would be a nice feature to get in the box. Let's hope this is the case...
Old 11-11-2003, 03:20 PM
Tech Addict

I was sure that I was going to buy a R40...this Snake could be the hottest thing on the streets...other than my girl, that is
Old 11-11-2003, 06:06 PM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by fmolzer
Alright, this is the type of stuff we should be discussing... is it active, or simply dynamic... My earlier post may have been a little edgy, sorry bout that, but I felt that the thread was wandering astray. Here is a true concern for me since I am planning to race a 710 at the not too far away winternats. parts support. With this new design can anyone tell me: (and maybe this info is available elsewhere on line...)

a) pulleys, belts and gears are obviously all new from 705, will there be a decent inventory from Serpent USA by, say early to mid January?

b) with the new diff sizes, can the old solid axle and dogbones from the impact still be used? maybe with a new pulley... (And will that pulley be available before the winternats?

c) Gear ratios have been discussed earlier in this thread, when can we get info from Serpent on how the ratios compare with the 705.

I saw from mytsn. There will be 18T-21T Pinion and 56T-60T for Spur. and I believed the internal ratio will be remained the same since they are using the same diff . From the picture, I think it's 46T or 47T ..Let say the internal ratio 2 or 2.14 and you are using 18T and 50T for 1st Gear. The ratio will be 7.133 or 6.66 for 46T/23T but Mugen will be 7.8 or 7.9 out of the box if i;m not wrong .. Just think for fun !! ..Nothing real yet until they come out a gear ratio chart !.
Old 11-11-2003, 07:24 PM
Tech Prophet

Originally posted by MrChan
I saw from mytsn. There will be 18T-21T Pinion and 56T-60T for Spur. and I believed the internal ratio will be remained the same since they are using the same diff . From the picture, I think it's 46T or 47T ..Let say the internal ratio 2 or 2.14 and you are using 18T and 50T for 1st Gear. The ratio will be 7.133 or 6.66 for 46T/23T but Mugen will be 7.8 or 7.9 out of the box if i;m not wrong .. Just think for fun !! ..Nothing real yet until they come out a gear ratio chart !.

Yes, you may be right. Now that it's confirmed that the 710 will come stock out of the box with 18T/21T pinions and 60T/56T spurs and with Julius hinting that the internal ratio of the 710 being even lower than 2.0, the final drive ratios will be about the same as the 705 (with 18/46/23) out of the box for the 1st gear but the final drive ratio for the 2nd gear will be somewhere about 5.2 or 5.3 perhaps... I'm quite surprise that with the 0.8 module gearing, Serpent choose not to take advantage of a bigger tooth jump... Perhaps trying to keep the ratios to shift shorter !

For your info, the Mugen is 7.42 and 5.43 final drive ratios accordingly out of the box. The V1RR is 7.58 and 5.56 respectively which is pretty close with the older 1.0 gearing. I believe the V1RR EVO with the 0.8 module gearing comes out with 7.34 and 5.44 stock out of the box.

Hopefully, Serpent will release more available info the optional spurs (larger 1st gear please) and pinions (smaller 1st gear please) and hopefully, that will bridge the higher final drive ratio gaps that the Mugen and the Kyosho can reach !
Old 11-12-2003, 12:18 AM
Tech Apprentice

Originally posted by MrChan

So, now is time to get some things right.
The internal gear ratio is 1.875.

So Julius is right.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.