Tech Elite

Originally posted by markp27
Bruummm......bruummm.....bruuummmm - can you here the power of the Ring, D
OK good .. now go sweep the track!
Old 03-18-2005, 12:51 AM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by InitialD
Sorry Mark, I'm partially deaf.
Yes, clearly! (Or didn't you hear that?)

Its got to with time ... waits for no man ...
Old 03-18-2005, 12:52 AM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by New_Toasted
All I need to participate in the Nationals is:

1. A pipe with EFRA number (My loved RD Logics Turbo do it )

2. A so called "D-License", shouldn't be too hard to get

3. A heck lot of parts, training and help
Sounds like you're almost ready!
Old 03-18-2005, 12:54 AM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by markp27
*knock-knock* Who has Sow's hearing-aid then??
Oh c'mon guys ... you want me to be a zombie? You've got my telescope and microscope, now you want him to take my hearing aid? My walking frame is missing but maybe someone needs my pacemaker?

I'll be really young by the time I get rid of all these things!

Last edited by Sow&Steady; 03-18-2005 at 01:02 AM.
Old 03-18-2005, 01:01 AM
Tech Elite

Take it with a pinch of salt...

http://www.3hobby.net/modules.php?na...ic&p=4637#4637
I know I won't be ordering from them ever again. I also took the pleasure of deleting the link to them from my site after giving them nearly 2 months to solve the missing parcel issue.

Now this Gourry has stopped answering emails and a new person called Angela come into the picture pretending not to know anything. The email today says "Please send us your order number so that we can check your status".

Blimey! What do they do? Start a new file? All the previous polite exchanges of email about how they are following up with the missing parcel were lies.

Part with your money if you wish. I don't wish it to anyone to lose USD 350 in one pop, gets accused as a potential theif of a customer and never see a single item delivered!
Old 03-18-2005, 01:02 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default 2 speed tranny

hi...posting on behalf of a fren...is the 2 speed for the 710 having any particular problem .... or is it only his.....
Old 03-18-2005, 01:18 AM
Tech Prophet

Default Re: 2 speed tranny

Originally posted by rcabj
hi...posting on behalf of a fren...is the 2 speed for the 710 having any particular problem .... or is it only his.....
What particular problem is this? The 2nd speed not engaging or engaging erratically? How old is the car?

It could be the bell housing (902413) has already worned out. Has this part been changed yet?

Before changing, you may want to try this. Set the 2 speed shoe and clutch bell (902413) spacing as per the manual on page 29, Step 9.2.

There will come a time when this resetting of the gap would not help and that is where you need to replace the 902413 after all when the wear is bad.

As a guide, set the two M3 screws to 5.5 to 6 full turns out after fully tighten and fine tune from there.

The 2 speed shoes rarely need to be replaced. Don't clean it using sandpaper or take out the aluminum bits that get stuck to the shoe. That's the secret to the shoe working correctly. Just clean to make sure no oil on it.
Old 03-18-2005, 03:43 AM
B4
Tech Addict

Default Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Engine

You will want something like this or this to hold the flywheel. The good thing about this tool is that it does not scratch the flywheel is it's easier. With the latter tool, you can use it to check the clutch gap of the Centax clutch.

With the flywheel holder, you also need a wrench to tighten down the 10 mm clutch nut. For this, you could get the Hudy one which also acts as a wrench glowplug and also the other side acts as a 10 mm allen to tighten the aluminum pivot ball retainers in the knuckles. One of the more useful tools in the toolbox for me.
Hey D,
I have the Qworld and the Hudy tool, and don't my mates have a shot at me for havig the right tool for the job. I just don't see the point of not doing it the right way which is usually the easiest.
Old 03-18-2005, 04:21 AM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by Sow&Steady
OK good .. now go sweep the track!
Just cause you are allowed to drive on your track
Old 03-18-2005, 06:06 AM
jag
Tech Master

Originally posted by SupermaxxRich
Thanks guys, what does the "New type looking wheelnuts" look like? I know I bought a bunch of the wheel nuts that originally came with the 710 because they were going to stop making them and I found that they really helped keep the wheels from warping so I bought a bunch and still have them. Whats the deal with these new ones? Also did Serpent address the issue with the way the front shock was mounted soo on hard impacts it wouldn't break the shafts on the shocks?? Nice looking aluminum parts on that car. Almost makes me want to go back out and buy a 710!! Is RC-Mushroom still the cheapest place to get the 710?
Like D said, don't grip the shaft with anything that will damage the shaft. I wrap the shaft with a thin piece of rubber and then grip it with vice-grip pliers. If you get the new shaft ends they thread on much easier so you won't have to hold it as tight. I also use a thin plastic washer on the lower front shock mount to help straighten the shock. I have not broken a front shaft since I installed the washer. If you choose to try the washer just make sure the shock end clears the wheel when turned all the way. Mine rubs slightly when forced. I try to avoid that.
Old 03-18-2005, 06:09 AM
Tech Prophet

Default Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Engine

Originally posted by B4
Hey D,
I have the Qworld and the Hudy tool, and don't my mates have a shot at me for havig the right tool for the job. I just don't see the point of not doing it the right way which is usually the easiest.
Yeah, I know what you mean... I get shot too and sometimes get sarcarstic remarks why I'm lugging too much stuff to the track. But at the end of the day, the ones borrowing these tools from me are none other but these same people...
Old 03-18-2005, 06:19 AM
jag
Tech Master

Default Re: Re: Re: Re: 950R question

Originally posted by Pyramid
The only way to get equal throw on steering (in any car brand) is like what you have done on S710. There is no way to adjust servo linkage (servo horn to servo saver linkage) that will then make L/R radius the same while the rest (steering L/R linkage) is untouched.
I turned the lever forward 1 tooth and shortened the link almost as short as it would go (without modifying it) and it turned out perfect. The servo saver lever is centered and I get about 26 degrees of steering both ways.
Old 03-18-2005, 06:25 AM
Tech Prophet

Default Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: 950R question

Originally posted by jag
I turned the lever forward 1 tooth and shortened the link almost as short as it would go (without modifying it) and it turned out perfect. The servo saver lever is centered and I get about 26 degrees of steering both ways.
I guess the same with 710... The length of the linkage depends on the servo you use as I would expect the Serpent 950R manual uses Sanwa servos as reference for their building instructions...
Old 03-21-2005, 09:01 PM
Tech Master

offloading 710 in sale forum
Old 03-22-2005, 04:13 PM
Tech Adept

Default Rubber Tire Setup for 710

Anybody have a good rubber tire setup for the Serpent 710?

I am going to be running it on a smooth asphalt parking lot track. I have tried searching through myTSN but I could not find any way to search by tire type? I also searched through many (but admittedly not all) of the 690+ pages in this thread and did not find a good rubber tire setup.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.