Originally posted by paulfitipauldi

Serpent ball diff spare balls and plates
Thank you for help on both areas
Old 03-08-2005, 06:22 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 14 (94%+)
Default Re: Re: Re: Serpent rims

Originally posted by InitialD
That would give you 1 mm less of tire surface in the front for available grip and that handling would be affected some how...
Most tires are too wide out of the box anyway. Measure a set up for width and you will most likely find them to be up to a mm over IFMAR specs.

When using Fast tires I file the inside edge of the rim on the tire lathe. I use a half moon bastard file and take enough off to bring it to the 26mm and then check for clearance.

I have seen guys cut them with hobby knives on the lathe but it looks a little too dodgy for my liking... I like my fingers where they are.
Old 03-08-2005, 06:44 PM
Tech Prophet

Default Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Serpent rims

Originally posted by JustRace
I've been using Twister tires and rubbing is not an issue. The rims are super strong.
Yes, the Twister tires looks identical to the Ellegi rims. No problems with the Ellegi rims and I would think Twister rims also not.
Old 03-08-2005, 06:47 PM
Tech Prophet

Default Re: rear diff help

Originally posted by alucard13
I am puting together the rear ball diff. I have read on mytsn a couple articles on how to set it up. however I am a little confused. Once i put it together and get to the part where i screw the two pices together do i screw it in until its tight or just enough until i can't turn the pulley by holding both the shafts?
Yes. Paul is correct. Then the grub screw goes in on the other side and locks the setting of the screw. Put a little bit of blue locktite on that grub screw so that it does not run loose.

Originally posted by alucard13
also does anyone sell just the ball bearings that go in the rear diff? I lost one and cant complete it until i have all 12.
Which one did you loose? A quick way is to get the size and go to the nearest bearing shop and get it.
Old 03-08-2005, 06:53 PM
Tech Prophet

Default Re: Re: Re: Re: Serpent rims

Originally posted by sparksy
Most tires are too wide out of the box anyway. Measure a set up for width and you will most likely find them to be up to a mm over IFMAR specs.
True. I believe they are plus 0.5 mm too wide on each side of Ellegi tires and on most tires too, they are the same if I'm not mistaken.

But doesn't IFMAR rule already allow up to 1 mm tolerance on the front and rear tires so long as the trackwidth does not exceed 200 mm?
Old 03-08-2005, 07:02 PM
Tech Fanatic

Default Re: Re: rear diff help

Yes. Paul is correct. Then the grub screw goes in on the other side and locks the setting of the screw. Put a little bit of blue locktite on that grub screw so that it does not run loose.

Which one did you loose? A quick way is to get the size and go to the nearest bearing shop and get it.
I lost one of the silver ones that goes in the rear diff. i dropped it and rolled on the floor never to be seen again I was able to find some online and oredered a few more since i have a tendency to drop the tiny pieces. thanx for the help.
Old 03-08-2005, 09:35 PM
Tech Elite

Come on Mark ,, don't be so upset by that , Now that you're an International driver , you can make a visit here the Island, I can be your personal Tour guide , take a look at our permanent track in Barceloneta , now get the picture,, R/C - Beaches, Beaches - R/C,
Girls?
Old 03-08-2005, 09:36 PM
Tech Elite

hehehe!!,, sounds and looks good, here is a picture taken that Sunday morning at 6:30 am
Old 03-08-2005, 09:41 PM
Tech Prophet

Originally posted by markp27
Girls?
You're looking at wrong directions Mark... Look East. Better food.
Old 03-08-2005, 09:42 PM
Tech Prophet

Originally posted by markp27
Why cry Mark? Can't you see the sun rising where you are?
Old 03-08-2005, 10:10 PM
Tech Elite

You're looking at wrong directions Mark... Look East. Better food.
choices, choices
Old 03-08-2005, 10:14 PM
Tech Elite

Why cry Mark? Can't you see the sun rising where you are?
Ehm, no Hopefully things are changing - the temp has reached a massive 1 Degree C today but now it is raining well, better than snow
Old 03-09-2005, 01:21 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 14 (94%+)
Default Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Serpent rims

True. I believe they are plus 0.5 mm too wide on each side of Ellegi tires and on most tires too, they are the same if I'm not mistaken.

But doesn't IFMAR rule already allow up to 1 mm tolerance on the front and rear tires so long as the trackwidth does not exceed 200 mm?
I'm not sure if there was a tolerance allowed. From memory the only manufacturing tolerance allowed was for the stinger diameter.
Old 03-09-2005, 04:36 AM
Tech Adept

Smile

Hi long time with out writing in this shat (I do read this side every date), we have already five more Serpent 710 in the club all of them change from Mugen to Serpent, I am doing very good with this car.

But I have a question, we have about four member including my car that are having problems with the fuel consumption, in the past we had more than 5 minutes times per tank (5.5 minutes) but all of the members that are using the Serpent 710 has gone down to less than 5 minutes.

We had even a very estrange problem three of us purchase from RC-Mushroom Novarossi plugs 7tf & 6tf and all of the engines that had this plug where having problems the engines were flaming out constantly, we change to OS 7p and the problem disappear.

We have our Centax with the yellow shows, the 1.8mm spring the rest standard, .5 to .6 gap very little end play, fuel 20% to 25% with 11% to 12% oil must of us are using Byron.

We are in summer 80 to 90 F with 50 to 60% humidity.

The engines we are using most is the Nova Max 5 port I am using the RR12 L5 and the Nova Max, one of the expert even purchase a JP FX12 5 port full option and had the same problem .

Do you now what set up or condition can make you increase consumption of fuel.
Old 03-09-2005, 04:57 AM
B4
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally posted by rcpanama
Hi long time with out writing in this shat (I do read this side every date), we have already five more Serpent 710 in the club all of them change from Mugen to Serpent, I am doing very good with this car.
Great to see them switching to the best car.

But I have a question, we have about four member including my car that are having problems with the fuel consumption, in the past we had more than 5 minutes times per tank (5.5 minutes) but all of the members that are using the Serpent 710 has gone down to less than 5 minutes.
I'm no expert, but things like small diameter tyres will increase consumption. Be smooth on the throttle, don't blip unless to settle the car.

We had even a very estrange problem three of us purchase from RC-Mushroom Novarossi plugs 7tf & 6tf and all of the engines that had this plug where having problems the engines were flaming out constantly, we change to OS 7p and the problem disappear.
Hard to believe you would all have faulty glow plugs. I tried the LRP plug #7 on the last race day and had good performance with it.

We have our Centax with the yellow shows, the 1.8mm spring the rest standard, .5 to .6 gap very little end play, fuel 20% to 25% with 11% to 12% oil must of us are using Byron.

We are in summer 80 to 90 F with 50 to 60% humidity.
Temp and humidity is about the same here at the moment and using 20% nitro with 12% oil is giving me about 7minutes run time on full tyres with a mildly technical track.

The engines we are using most is the Nova Max 5 port I am using the RR12 L5 and the Nova Max, one of the expert even purchase a JP FX12 5 port full option and had the same problem .

Do you now what set up or condition can make you increase consumption of fuel.
You don't mention any 3port engines, what economy are they getting.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.