Serpent 710

Search this Thread

Old 02-14-2005, 03:19 PM
Tech Apprentice

Will Jaco nitro shoes fit as well?
Old 02-14-2005, 06:03 PM
Tech Regular

if you were not always lounging around.

and working on your car more like this brief moment.

that may happen
Old 02-14-2005, 06:09 PM
Company Representative

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

okay eric must of used our laptop in florida and it left him logged in, now that I have logged him out and me back in repeat on the above post.
Old 02-14-2005, 07:58 PM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by IndyPhil
Hello Guys. I am a Offroad driver (mod buggy) and can wheel and am looking into getting into Nitro onroad 1/10 this summer. Looking at the Mugen prospec and the serpent 710. Looking for your input into what car to get and if parts are a issue USA. I hear the tc3 breaks alot so dont want that. Also what would I need to get other than the obvious stuff. Like most commonly broke parts. What engines fit (Sirio .12 EVO 2 , 3 Port ?) can get one free. Any help would be appreciated.
Only 2 cars for 1/10 that you should look into .

1. Serpent 710
2. Kyosho RRR

Mugen MTX3 is a good car ..but i think the new model will be soon coming out !!
Old 02-14-2005, 08:16 PM
Tech Prophet

Originally posted by fmolzer
He got to go home with a trophy... He gets me every year
2006 will be mine though
Since you guys seemed to be very good in Photoshop pics , you could very easily cook up one yourself on the podium.
Old 02-14-2005, 08:18 PM
Tech Prophet

Originally posted by sparksy
Hey D...

Sorry I didnt get a chance to look you up while I was there. I'm back home now and about to rebuild the snake. Anything important I may have missed over the last 3 months? I'm way too lazy to scroll back a billion pages...
No worries mate. How did you enjoy your stay?

3 months? Ummm, low friction belts, 21T aluminum side pulley... Nothing much.
Old 02-14-2005, 08:19 PM
Tech Prophet

Will Jaco nitro shoes fit as well?
Yes they do. Zero offset. If your kit comes with the older and bigger flanged nuts, you may need to change them to the smaller ones as the Jaco has limited space where the wheel nuts go in...
Old 02-14-2005, 08:40 PM
Tech Prophet

Hello Guys. I am a Offroad driver (mod buggy) and can wheel and am looking into getting into Nitro onroad 1/10 this summer. Looking at the Mugen prospec and the serpent 710. Looking for your input into what car to get and if parts are a issue USA. I hear the tc3 breaks alot so dont want that. Also what would I need to get other than the obvious stuff. Like most commonly broke parts. What engines fit (Sirio .12 EVO 2 , 3 Port ?) can get one free. Any help would be appreciated.
The Sirio should be able to fit. Parts to get are belts, pulleys, front knuckles, front and rear arms and dogbones (same size front and rear). Belts on the 710 are VERY durable. Most of the time I only replace them because they are too loose ! Pulleys are also very durable.

The car is already race ready out of the box. But if you want the aluminum blings, you can go ahead and look at www.mytsn.com/products and look at the new 710 items released like the mid aluminum bearing block, X bar radio tray support, one piece engine mount etc.

The performance upgrade that you should get and try on the car is the new servo saver, the new style diff clamp (you may receive this in the new batch of the 710 kit), the rear 2.5 mm or 3 mm sway bar, the softer red shock bladders, red springs (front and rear and perhaps blue springs), 35wt / 40wt Serpent shock oil to play around.

Part wise, depends where you are in the US... Do you have any LHS around that stocks Serpent parts? If no, then do you want to rely on online websites to provide parts for you? What about the local track support where you will be running the car? Those are the things only you can answer...

If you have any question, just shoot.
Old 02-14-2005, 08:51 PM
Tech Addict

Originally posted by InitialD

The performance upgrade that you should get and try on the car is the new servo saver, the new style diff clamp (you may receive this in the new batch of the 710 kit), the rear 2.5 mm or 3 mm sway bar, the softer red shock bladders, red springs (front and rear and perhaps blue springs), 35wt / 40wt Serpent shock oil to play around.

If you have any question, just shoot.
Hi D,

I know the new servo saver has been asked. I would appreciate if you can quickly tell me what's the diff over the old one? I run on a med/low traction track meaning traction roll unlikely. FYI, I did try the 2.5mm rear bar - too stiff and not enough traction for me.

Thanks.
Old 02-14-2005, 09:00 PM
Tech Prophet

Originally posted by TitaniumR
Hi D,

I know the new servo saver has been asked. I would appreciate if you can quickly tell me what's the diff over the old one? I run on a med/low traction track meaning traction roll unlikely. FYI, I did try the 2.5mm rear bar - too stiff and not enough traction for me.

Thanks.
We run on low traction tracks too. The general consensus is the 2.5 mm rear sway bar and the new servo saver gives better cornering speed. Tighter turning radius too.

What problems are you having with the 2.5 mm rear bar? The rear spinning when coming out of the corner? Try a harder front sway bar setting with the 2.5 mm rear sway bar...
Old 02-14-2005, 09:39 PM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by fmolzer
He got to go home with a trophy... He gets me every year
2006 will be mine though
Well, you shouldn't feel too bad Fmolzer - you and Ammdrew suck, but I suck and blow
Old 02-14-2005, 09:43 PM
Tech Elite

Default Engine Problem source found.

Fmolzer and Ammdrew found the source of my engine problems after the end of my main:

The engine demon really kicked ass!!!
Old 02-14-2005, 09:45 PM
Tech Prophet

Originally posted by markp27
Well, you shouldn't feel too bad Fmolzer - you and Ammdrew suck, but I suck and blow
Well, going to a new track the first time and far away is always like that. Especially without a reliable wingman <cough, cough>. Stupid things you never expect happen will happen.

I guess you came back thinking you never played so much RC in your life eh?
Old 02-14-2005, 09:47 PM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by sparksy
Hey D...

Sorry I didnt get a chance to look you up while I was there. I'm back home now and about to rebuild the snake. Anything important I may have missed over the last 3 months? I'm way too lazy to scroll back a billion pages...
Sparksy - if you saw the Winternats cars of Rene and Michael, you'd see that only one new part was used since the introduction of the 710 - the updated servo saver. However, normally the thicker sway bars would be used, too.

Cheers, Mark.
Old 02-14-2005, 09:47 PM
Tech Prophet

Default Re: Engine Problem source found.

Originally posted by markp27
The engine demon really kicked ass!!!
Hey, that looks a lot like the engine on Uncle Crash's 710 ! <rub salt mode>

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.