Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Serpent 710

Search this Thread

Old 01-19-2005, 12:44 AM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by InitialD
Of course MrChan makes sense... He's number 3 driver in Thailand after Suruth and Surikarn.
Old 01-19-2005, 12:46 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally posted by MrChan
Most of time, my car is always a bit understeer.. I like this way
So you using throttle and brake to control the steering ??
Old 01-19-2005, 12:47 AM
Tech Elite

[B]To tell you the truth, all of them including the Italian guys use the same method ! They put one palm of their hand on the headsink heat to gauge the heat when just starting. Seemingly I think that's like a feel thing to gauge the heat build up before they start to rev the engine and mess with the needle. And like all pro tuners, they listen to the engine purring. No temp gauges needed.
Jeez D, didn't you know that Messiha's have their temp gauges built-in in their palms and the read out is a HUD on their retina? When will you learn ... you'll never graduate from a prophet now.

But seriously, the engine ran smooth during warm up. No engine cut off. And that's right after break in. Only the stupid receiver pack spoilt the day for me (another long story). So DNS for me (or rather I recorded only 1 lap) on the second and most crucial heat.
DNS? You mean DNF right ...
Old 01-19-2005, 12:51 AM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by markp27
[B]Would you be able to repeat this now or is it really a feeling thing?
Read my post above on Messihas and their built-in gadgets ... forgot to mention that the right palm is a temp gauge and the left palm is a dyno. Also depends on which part of the palm their use ... middle part is full function, lower palm is for use in Europe, top palm for the Americas and the foremost tips of the fingers have extra functions like durometer (right hand) and grip levels (left hand).

There's always next year when you can also kick a couple of old guys' arses
That's only because they have a vision thingy advantage.

Hey D, do they have zoom at the track?
Old 01-19-2005, 12:53 AM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by GoldFinger
...EXERGEN on the back of lowest heatsink)
Obviously not a Messiha.
Old 01-19-2005, 01:02 AM
Tech Prophet

Originally posted by Sow&Steady
DNS? You mean DNF right ...

Just before the heat started, I found out my radio was in fail safe mode. Back in the pitlane to check while the cars all zoomed off to start the heats. I think after about 3 minute or so, I tried to run again to see if it's still something wrong and that's when I only registered 1 lap if I'm not mistaken and the same problem occured. That also because the transponder line is on the left side.
Old 01-19-2005, 01:05 AM
Tech Prophet

And at what diameters ff/rr?
57.5 mm front and 58.5 mm rear.
Old 01-19-2005, 01:10 AM
Tech Elite

Just before the heat started, I found out my radio was in fail safe mode. Back in the pitlane to check while the cars all zoomed off to start the heats. I think after about 3 minute or so, I tried to run again to see if it's still something wrong and that's when I only registered 1 lap if I'm not mistaken and the same problem occured. That also because the transponder line is on the left side.
That is real bad luck.
Old 01-19-2005, 01:13 AM
Tech Elite

57.5 mm front and 58.5 mm rear.
The grip must have been really really high for the car to traction roll with these diameters. Did you use your usual set-up or a lot changed?

We need to sort out this traction roll thing ... I mean, which part is most sensitive to adjustment that prevents traction rolls without compromising the car's set-up.
Old 01-19-2005, 01:25 AM
Tech Prophet

The grip must have been really really high for the car to traction roll with these diameters. Did you use your usual set-up or a lot changed?
Didn't change much from my solid front setup. Just changed the rear sway bar (much harder setting), changed the rear shock angle to the steepest... That's about it. The front roll center remained the highest while the rear remained at the 2nd lowest. Front shocks were in the 3rd hole on the shock tower with about 45 degree on the sway bar blades. Yellow front and red rear springs with Serpent 40wt oil, 4x1.2 mm piston holes all around and with softer red membrane and foam insert.

Will put out my setup soon...

We need to sort out this traction roll thing ... I mean, which part is most sensitive to adjustment that prevents traction rolls without compromising the car's set-up.
I would say the front trackwidth and the front shock setup ! As wide as you can go with 200 mm. Check with Uncle Crash. He has the most experience with it... And he consulted the Miester and he gave him some good pointers.

Below are some proof of it...

Old 01-19-2005, 02:39 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally posted by crashed_1
Me too... At least you managed to finish your main...
My god, can't keep up with you guys....more than 1 page a day.

I did not finish. Had a bad pitlane issue with spectatorsss.
But it was Fun which is good enough for me.
Old 01-19-2005, 02:40 AM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by kitracer
My god, can't keep up with you guys....more than 1 page a day.

I did not finish. Had a bad pitlane issue with spectatorsss.
But it was Fun which is good enough for me.
Kitracer, in the good old days - when Sow and myself were young ( ok younger) - we'd get through 6 pages a day
Old 01-19-2005, 05:02 AM
Tech Elite

... Check with Uncle Crash. He has the most experience with it... And he consulted the Miester and he gave him some good pointers.
Hey Crashed, how about a short article of all the tips you got from the Meister? Email it to me and I'll post and archive it for easy retrieval by everyone later.
Old 01-19-2005, 05:04 AM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by markp27
Kitracer, in the good old days - when Sow and myself were young ( ok younger) - we'd get through 6 pages a day
Yeah, these days not only we type slower, we can't see the letters on the keyboard very well ... make mistakes and therefore have to do a lot of corrections ... takes a lot of time.
Old 01-19-2005, 09:35 PM
Tech Fanatic

Obviously not a Messiha.
What does it mean ?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.