Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Serpent 710

Search this Thread

Old 12-08-2004, 07:08 PM
Tech Addict

Originally posted by InitialD
I use blue threadlock. I also use a longer grub screw in place of the short ones that were given.
OK thanks. Maybe I should just fill the hole with thread lock before putting the grub in. What I did was just thread lock on the grub. I think that's the problem!

I didn't really even knock the car much at all as I'm very careful and slow. Both upper arms are equally loose. Rest of the arms are fine. Guess I'll fit in new arms after this sun's race - my first 1/10 race.. if I decide to join... and see how they hold up again.
Old 12-08-2004, 07:16 PM
Tech Addict

Originally posted by Pyramid
Try this Goldfingers method, apply a bit more of thread lock to the grub screw, screwed it in and take it back out. Let the thread lock dry by itself on both parts then install the grub screw again.
Thanks for another useful tip!
Old 12-08-2004, 07:40 PM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by markp27
Quick you are today, quick are you
On the wrong planet I was, wrong time zone it was!
Old 12-08-2004, 07:41 PM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by daniz24
Hmm, I prefer to call them Horny Face of The Year btw, where is Goldfinger??
Old 12-08-2004, 07:44 PM
Tech Elite

There you go, the tallest guy. If you notice, always having a cigarrete either on his mouth (GQ cup) or hand (this pic)
As long as his is smokin' as well then its OK I guess!
Old 12-08-2004, 07:45 PM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by Sow&Steady
As long as his car is smokin' as well then its OK I guess!
Old 12-08-2004, 08:12 PM
Tech Adept

I am concidering running a 710 for next season , right now I have a fac team NTC3 its OK but needs alot of attention to keep it in top form .,IS there any common issues with the 710 ? Any parts prone to breakage , the aluminum pillow balls concern me since the steel AE ones seem to bend easily , how good is parts availability and customer support in the USA , does it require any upgrades for relaibility or performance ? Sorry for all the questions but want to make the right choice since I am going to commit to some bigger events for next year .
Old 12-08-2004, 09:37 PM
Tech Prophet

Originally posted by Eddie
I am concidering running a 710 for next season , right now I have a fac team NTC3 its OK but needs alot of attention to keep it in top form .,IS there any common issues with the 710 ? Any parts prone to breakage , the aluminum pillow balls concern me since the steel AE ones seem to bend easily , how good is parts availability and customer support in the USA , does it require any upgrades for relaibility or performance ? Sorry for all the questions but want to make the right choice since I am going to commit to some bigger events for next year .
For keeping it in top shape, just maintain the Centax clutch bearings and the thrust bearing. Other than that, the wheel bearings which should not be a problem for you seeing that NTC3 bearings break more often than the bigger ones on the 710.

The diffs? When you greased the balls well (Mugen Super Grease), they last very long and smooth. I have not needed to clean and service the diffs for a pretty long time already and they still function the same. They belts and pulleys also last very long. I would say much longer than some other cars out there. The Serpent pulleys and belts on the 710 are second to none.

The aluminum pivot balls are tough. I've not bend one yet after over a year of playing.

Parts availability? Where are you at? Does your track have a hobby shop that carry Serpent parts? You could always mail order if you choose that route. Else, contact www.serpentusa.com for more info.

If you get a new 710 kit, they should already come with all the necessary updates from the manufacturing changes made to the car like harder front and lower bumper, black flywheel, rear ball diff adjuster and clutch tools included.

As for other updates, you may want to get the thicker rear shock tower that should come with the same part number as a spare, the lower rear arms (longer at the edges where the pivot balls thread in to get better holding) and lastly the yellow Centax clutch shoe.

As Julius mentioned, the best upgrades for the 710 are the rear thicker sway bars (2.5 and 3 mm) and the new longer servo saver. You may want to get the harder red springs (stock is softer yellow) for the car if the track permits. If your track is tight, you may want to go with the lock pin set to lock the front oneway bearing of the car or get a front adjustable ball diff.

From then on, you may want to add some hop ups slowly like the engine monoblock, the aluminum radio support brace, aluminum shock bodies, the aluminum mid bearing block, lightened mid bearing shaft, aluminum front sway bar holder etc. But mostly, the car works superb in stock form.
Old 12-08-2004, 09:54 PM

Nice write ups D, hope to see you in Bangkok..

Just dont forget to register already 52 now and I tought you wanted on 18
Old 12-08-2004, 10:00 PM
Tech Prophet

Nice write ups D, hope to see you in Bangkok..

Just dont forget to register already 52 now and I tought you wanted on 18
I'm still waiting for my confirmation and hotel booking. Plane tickets already bought.

Well, I knew that I could not get 18, 28 or 38. Maybe I'll land at 58.
Old 12-08-2004, 10:11 PM

Originally posted by InitialD
Well, I knew that I could not get 18, 28 or 38. Maybe I'll land at 58.
oh no no Bro, 58= 13 =4
Old 12-08-2004, 10:19 PM
Tech Prophet

oh no no Bro, 58= 13 =4
That's what I'm afraid of...
Old 12-09-2004, 11:35 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default 710 DECALS

ONE-OF-A-KIND SERPENT 710 DECALS
Old 12-09-2004, 02:12 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default Forgas State Race

Sup guys ,MARK ,D,my 710 brothern been busy ,how is everyone,got a state race this weekend ,i will be running a modified ns3 race, with the new powermax ,header an pipe combo,an will be trying out the rd logics cvds for the frt.The race will be held at the kissimee track, I raced there last month running frt an rear balldiff ,it worked perfect.So tell me whats new out there for our 710s.Oh i seen some rrr out there, they are really fast.
Old 12-09-2004, 06:06 PM
Tech Adept

Thank you for the Info , yes I do have a local hobby shop that carries some Serpent parts .

You mentioned updating the servo saver , what is the difference and is there an issue with the kit one ?

How does Serpent customer support compare to other brands ?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.