Wiki Posts
Search

Serpent 710

Search this Thread

Old 11-24-2004, 08:02 PM
Tech Fanatic

Default Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Gettin Jiggy with Rear Anti Roll Bar

Originally posted by InitialD
Don't get me wrong... I'm not saying the intended 2.5 mm plastic piece holder is binding the rear sway bars for me... The 3 mm plastic piece holder works fine for me on the 2.5 mm rear sway bar. In the event that I need to swap to the 3 mm sway bar during my testings, I do not need to keep reverting to different sway bar plastic holders.
I wish everyone a joy filled, stomachs bulging, pie stuffing Thanksgiving holiday!

anywaaaaaaaaaaaaay,
ttt..

the other day i was messing around with the rear bar adjustment. I had an xray setup book so i read some of the bars adjustment. it said, lift one of the wheels and notice how high it is when the other wheel starts to go up. when the bar is correctly set, both wheels should start to go up at the same distance. well, mine worked perfectly.

things got more interesting then, when i pulled the left rear upright all the way up, the right one was still like hanging, didn't get to its uppermost point.

then i yanked that right one all the way up and found the left side got all the way up.

i also had tried adjusting the rods (man, doing that was a big PITA), still i couldn't get the bar work evenly. i even threw the car on the track to see if there was any ill handling, yet the car was very nice and planted.

any thoughts ??
Old 11-24-2004, 08:16 PM
Suspended

Default Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Gettin Jiggy with Rear Anti Roll Bar

Originally posted by redsand
I wish everyone a joy filled, stomachs bulging, pie stuffing Thanksgiving holiday!

anywaaaaaaaaaaaaay,
ttt..

the other day i was messing around with the rear bar adjustment. I had an xray setup book so i read some of the bars adjustment. it said, lift one of the wheels and notice how high it is when the other wheel starts to go up. when the bar is correctly set, both wheels should start to go up at the same distance. well, mine worked perfectly.

things got more interesting then, when i pulled the left rear upright all the way up, the right one was still like hanging, didn't get to its uppermost point.

then i yanked that right one all the way up and found the left side got all the way up.

i also had tried adjusting the rods (man, doing that was a big PITA), still i couldn't get the bar work evenly. i even threw the car on the track to see if there was any ill handling, yet the car was very nice and planted.

any thoughts ??
HAPPY THANKSGIVING!!!CHOCO
Old 11-24-2004, 08:28 PM
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 239 (100%+)
Default Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Gettin Jiggy with Rear Anti Roll Bar

Originally posted by RBCHOCO
HAPPY THANKSGIVING!!!CHOCO
happy thanksgiving to you Kenneth!
Old 11-24-2004, 08:44 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally posted by jfc_tech
from us here, i think 2-3 guys...or maybe 4...a few Mugen guys buying 710...and testing them now on track. My Friends from HMS Racing should be there.
Great, so it would 2 HMS owner + You + 1 Mugen Guys??
Old 11-24-2004, 08:52 PM
Tech Fanatic

Default Re: Re: Serpent Nitro Tour 2005

That's the same question I'd like to ask you bro... A few of us are planning to go from here. Would be good to finally meet up with you guys.
I like the challenge but i always hate the date
This time seems like not an option for us.

One more thing D, is this weird ?
1/10 class
o ANY SERPENT 1/10 200mm. MODEL
o Maximum 2.5cc. size engine
So, 15 engine will be allowed, am I wrong?
But my partner said : Lets the war begin !
Old 11-24-2004, 08:56 PM
Tech Prophet

Default Re: Re: Re: Serpent Nitro Tour 2005

Originally posted by GoldFinger
I like the challenge but i always hate the date
This time seems like not an option for us.
So you're not coming?

But my partner said : Lets the war begin !
I noticed that also. But it seems like in Singapore and in HK, they run .15 engines in the 200 mm. So I'm not surprised that it will be like that in the race.
Old 11-24-2004, 09:15 PM
Regional Moderator

Default Re: Re: Re: Serpent Nitro Tour 2005

Last time, WM influence FEMCA race on Bangkok with some minor changes in rules. One of them is the minimum weight of car. So I'm not pretty shock that now the .15 engines are allowed...

Darling, if you ever tried the .15 engine, please give us some input whats their differences in characteristic and power compare to .12 engines... From what I've heard, many people complaints about it's fuel mileage and definitely not suitable for 1:10 class. Unless we're talking about 7 minutes heat? Cool...
Old 11-24-2004, 09:58 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

HAPPY THANKSGIVING
Old 11-24-2004, 09:59 PM
Tech Elite

Default Re: Re: Re: Re: Serpent Nitro Tour 2005

So you're not coming?

I noticed that also. But it seems like in Singapore and in HK, they run .15 engines in the 200 mm. So I'm not surprised that it will be like that in the race.

Serpent Nitro .... Uhmm It seems like the time is not right for me too.

In Singapore, A few people are using 15 size ...not many only a few .. I also got 1 of 15 size ....Fuel Mils not really good ...drink quite a lot.
Old 11-24-2004, 10:17 PM
Tech Fanatic

I use to run factory droop settings but notice the car would lift a lot on acceleration and turns compared to other cars. After increasing it by +2 on both ends it runs way much better and feels more planted on a smooth high bite track. I lowered the ride height also from 6mm to about 4mm and now the car just kicks ass. BTW Hara's car in the ROAR race his car was 3.5 and 3.3mm ride height.
Old 11-24-2004, 10:44 PM
Tech Addict

Originally posted by daniz24
Last time, WM influence FEMCA race on Bangkok with some minor changes in rules. One of them is the minimum weight of car. So I'm not pretty shock that now the .15 engines are allowed...

Darling, if you ever tried the .15 engine, please give us some input whats their differences in characteristic and power compare to .12 engines... From what I've heard, many people complaints about it's fuel mileage and definitely not suitable for 1:10 class. Unless we're talking about 7 minutes heat? Cool...
I think a stock small blk .15 has close performance to a mod .12. The mod .15 is quite wild thruout the power band. My max .15 5 ports last safely 4mins running rich at 80deg C. Leaning it(temp will be around 105 degC) n my 710/mtx3 will be all over the track..... But it is significantly stronger(30% easily) bottom/mid/top end than a mod .12. Really shows itself on the straights! I've since cold storage it to live with more useable power of my mod 12. I will try to tame it in my 710 again.
Old 11-24-2004, 11:17 PM
Tech Fanatic

So you're not coming?
.. I meant , I must go. You and crashed ?
Old 11-24-2004, 11:23 PM
Tech Fanatic

Default Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Serpent Nitro Tour 2005

Originally posted by MrChan
Serpent Nitro .... Uhmm It seems like the time is not right for me too.

In Singapore, A few people are using 15 size ...not many only a few .. I also got 1 of 15 size ....Fuel Mils not really good ...drink quite a lot.
Mr. Chan how are you?
Let me know if you change your mind, if u go, i will bring my 1/8 too. I have to learn from you
Old 11-24-2004, 11:25 PM
Tech Prophet

Default Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Serpent Nitro Tour 2005

.. I meant , I must go. You and crashed ?
Me and crash.

I must make crash paint me a nice bodyshell so that you cannot differentiate between me and him.
Old 11-24-2004, 11:26 PM
Tech Elite

Ahhhhh - Dr Koo's evil tricks have ran out and I can get back online

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.