Wiki Posts
Search

Serpent 710

Search this Thread

Old 10-27-2004, 02:39 AM
Tech Fanatic

Default Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Aluminum Pulleys

Originally posted by Julius

Part of the trick with mre overdrive is using it. That means not trueing tires to different sizes but actually creating more front drive. It will give more stability on power and more turn in off power. In low grip this may lead to off throttle oversteer though.
So Julius, do you mean with smaller front and bigger rear tire to maintain 1 : 1 ratio in car that having overdrive tranny did not have an overdrive effect ?
Old 10-27-2004, 02:41 AM
Tech Master

Default Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Aluminum Pulleys

Originally posted by InitialD
Aiks ! The Master has detected an error.

But seriously Julius, wouldn't the front arms be flatter and intersect at a further point = lower roll center? If the front arms are more angled because of using smaller tires and setting the shock springs to get back the ride height, then I would agree with you... But that's not the case with the arms right?
It all depends on the relation between both arms. It is true the intersection will mover further away, but the lower arm gets a flatter angle which will raise the intersect point in the end.
Old 10-27-2004, 02:46 AM
Tech Master

Originally posted by markp27
Is that the case only if not using a one-way?
No, this can be the case with all drive configurations. With overdrive at the front the front wheels turn faster than the rear. If using same diameter tires and off throttle, the fronts will want to try and spin the rear wheels slower thus creating more drag at the front end = more weight transfer to the front. This can the lead to oversteer off throttle.

The one way in this case doesn't help because the frnt wheels will be running at a lower rpm than the rears thus effectively engagine the one way all the time.
Old 10-27-2004, 03:18 AM
Tech Prophet

Default Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Aluminum Pulleys

No, this can be the case with all drive configurations. With overdrive at the front the front wheels turn faster than the rear. If using same diameter tires and off throttle, the fronts will want to try and spin the rear wheels slower thus creating more drag at the front end = more weight transfer to the front. This can the lead to oversteer off throttle.

The one way in this case doesn't help because the frnt wheels will be running at a lower rpm than the rears thus effectively engagine the one way all the time.

I never knew that the drag would happen on an overdriven car much less with oneway front ! I know that on 4WD cars there will be a drag but the weight transfer explanation about this and causing oversteer is excellent. Thanks Julius.

Another spin off question... So using overdriven front from the 21T pulley with equal front and rear tires would give the car somewhat like a drag brake effect? No?
Old 10-27-2004, 03:21 AM
Tech Prophet

Default Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Aluminum Pulleys

It all depends on the relation between both arms. It is true the intersection will mover further away, but the lower arm gets a flatter angle which will raise the intersect point in the end.
Ok, I get you. Thanks.
Old 10-27-2004, 03:24 AM
Tech Elite

Default Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Aluminum Pulleys

I second D's statement
Old 10-27-2004, 03:26 AM
Tech Elite

Default Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Aluminum Pulleys

Another spin off question... So using overdriven front from the 21T pulley with equal front and rear tires would give the car somewhat like a drag brake effect? No?
good point - you're really earning your Prophet points today....well with the exception of that Faux Pas earlier on
Old 10-27-2004, 03:34 AM
Tech Prophet

Default Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Aluminum Pulleys

good point - you're really earning your Prophet points today....well with the exception of that Faux Pas earlier on
Like Onkel Sow sez, a glitch is the Matrix.
Old 10-27-2004, 05:42 AM
Suspended

Default Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Aluminum Pulleys

Originally posted by Pyramid
I think he meant the 21T, not the 22T
GUYS,SORRY BUT I GOOFED..THE PULLEYS ARE FOR THE 950R...FORGIVE ME...CHOCO
Old 10-27-2004, 06:03 AM

Default Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Aluminum Pulleys

Originally posted by SERPENTFREAK69
GUYS,SORRY BUT I GOOFED..THE PULLEYS ARE FOR THE 950R...FORGIVE ME...CHOCO
Yes, the one for S710s should start shipping begining 2005 according to the official guys on mytsn forum.

Anyone tried the light black coated alu mid shaft on S710? they are xtremely light and I wonder will it bent on usage?
Old 10-27-2004, 06:05 AM

Originally posted by GoldFinger
So Julius, do you mean with smaller front and bigger rear tire to maintain 1 : 1 ratio in car that having overdrive tranny did not have an overdrive effect ?
Am I the only one that do not understand what you are saying or there isn't any answer to your question?
Old 10-27-2004, 06:08 AM
Tech Elite

Default Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Gear Diff

Cannot do that because there are a lot of "Slow" and "Steady" people out there. (j/k)
Isn't a prophet supposed to be above all imperfections on earth?
Old 10-27-2004, 06:10 AM
Tech Elite

Default Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Aluminum Pulleys

Hey D! Choco is looking good at taking over your prophet role
Finally! Oops ... I mean .... yay! TWO prophets in the 710 forum!
Old 10-27-2004, 06:12 AM
Tech Elite

Default Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Aluminum Pulleys

Originally posted by Pyramid
We do not even have the part number yet for 21T
If you don't have even the part number Pyramid then I'm sure what Choco meant about the one in Serpent USA is something else ...
Old 10-27-2004, 06:13 AM
Tech Elite

Default Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Aluminum Pulleys

I predict the part number to be 802171.
You're really losing the prophet edge now ... prophets should not need to predict ... they just KNOW.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.