Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Serpent 710

Search this Thread

Old 10-15-2004, 09:21 AM
Tech Regular

Originally posted by SERPENTFREAK69
IS SERPENT THE ONLY ONES WHO HAVE TIRE PROBLEMS?
Hi,

Yes, Serpent is the only one having this problem.

Why?

Thomas
Old 10-15-2004, 09:22 AM
Suspended

choco
Old 10-15-2004, 09:45 AM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by 840918001
Hi,

Yes, Serpent is the only one having this problem.

Why?

Thomas
Where did you find the information that this was only affecting Serpent?
Old 10-15-2004, 09:50 AM
Tech Regular

Originally posted by markp27
Where did you find the information that this was only affecting Serpent?
Hi,

If the Kyosho is that damn fast with the wrong tires then the Serpent 710 is a total disaster.

Thomas
Old 10-15-2004, 09:58 AM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by 840918001
Hi,

If the Kyosho is that damn fast with the wrong tires then the Serpent 710 is a total disaster.

Thomas
Oh well that clears that one up then
Old 10-15-2004, 11:58 AM
Tech Prophet

Originally posted by rcpanama
This is very nice for white balance, I am using it with my 10D and it works beautiful

http://www.expodisc.com/
The 10D?
Old 10-15-2004, 12:16 PM
Tech Adept

Originally posted by InitialD
The 10D?
Sorry CANON EOS-10D >Digital
Old 10-15-2004, 12:38 PM
Tech Prophet

Originally posted by rcpanama
Sorry CANON EOS-10D >Digital
No need to apologise rcpanama. I am well aware what the 10D is and the price of it.
Old 10-15-2004, 12:48 PM
Tech Regular

Default what do you do?

let's say your serpent is all setup and going. on a particular track the fastest lap time is 20.5 seconds. occasionally you are able to get laps of about 20.6 but typically your laps are in the 21.3 (-/+ .3).

in this scenerio what would you do?

a) keep practicing with the same setup - (if the current setup can get you a 20.6 the setup is probably ok)

b) see if you can change somethings on the car to reduce lap times - (maybe overall drivability will be improved and may result in better laps)

c) buy a the kit the faster guy is using - (hey, whats another $400 bucks!?)

i am thinking i should just keep practicing.
Old 10-15-2004, 12:58 PM
Tech Prophet

Default Re: what do you do?

Originally posted by packetdreamer
Good idea.

The question you should be asking is are you struggling with the car while driving? If you are, then the setup is not optimal. If you find that the car is very relaxing to drive agressive and fast and you could easily push the car and at the same time control the car, then you need more practice.

I think you should be able to tell already if it's the car setup or the lack of driving skills that is hampering your good times by following the fast guy...
Old 10-15-2004, 01:01 PM
Tech Elite

Default Re: what do you do?

let's say your serpent is all setup and going. on a particular track the fastest lap time is 20.5 seconds. occasionally you are able to get laps of about 20.6 but typically your laps are in the 21.3 (-/+ .3).

in this scenerio what would you do?

a) keep practicing with the same setup - (if the current setup can get you a 20.6 the setup is probably ok)

b) see if you can change somethings on the car to reduce lap times - (maybe overall drivability will be improved and may result in better laps)

c) buy a the kit the faster guy is using - (hey, whats another $400 bucks!?)

I would keep on at the setup until I was certain that I couldn't improve it anymore. If you've got a timing screen which you can refer to, then you can judge if the changes did actually improve matters.

And at the same time, you are still practicing

Faster guys are normally faster because they have more skill - no offense! Don't loose confidence in the 710 just because it isn't preforming so well at the worlds - it is still the only car which is in the thick of the Kyoshos and we're talking about the car which dominated the European racing scene this year. If you're not fast with the 710, you won't be fast with anyother kit.
Old 10-15-2004, 01:05 PM
Tech Regular

Default Re: Re: what do you do?

Originally posted by markp27
I would keep on at the setup until I was certain that I couldn't improve it anymore. If you've got a timing screen which you can refer to, then you can judge if the changes did actually improve matters.

And at the same time, you are still practicing

Faster guys are normally faster because they have more skill - no offense! Don't loose confidence in the 710 just because it isn't preforming so well at the worlds - it is still the only car which is in the thick of the Kyoshos and we're talking about the car which dominated the European racing scene this year. If you're not fast with the 710, you won't be fast with anyother kit.
i just through c in for kicks, i will probably be serpent for life (for get the kit, i like the logo)

ok, now, after you make a change, how many laps do you run the change before you decide its good or bad? or do you know immediately. sometimes i can tell right away soemthing isnt working. just trying to find out how the rest of you do things.
Old 10-15-2004, 01:05 PM
Tech Elite

Default Re: Re: what do you do?

Originally posted by InitialD
I think you should be able to tell already if it's the car setup or the lack of driving skills that is hampering your good times by following the fast guy...

Just to expand on what D said: racing against one of the faster guys at my track (who also has a 710), I saw that my setup was better and I was able to drive a single lap quicker than he could, but I was inconsitent and therefore, overall, he was quicker. This means I have to practice (or as GF says, play) more!
My car look much more planted than his and I was still improving my setup.

Last edited by markp27; 10-15-2004 at 01:21 PM.
Old 10-15-2004, 01:11 PM
Tech Elite

Default Re: Re: Re: what do you do?

i just through c in for kicks, i will probably be serpent for life (for get the kit, i like the logo)

ok, now, after you make a change, how many laps do you run the change before you decide its good or bad? or do you know immediately. sometimes i can tell right away soemthing isnt working. just trying to find out how the rest of you do things.
It depends upon the changes you make - sometimes you can go one way with a change and you feel immediately that it isn't good (e.g. the car suddenly has a lot of understeer or oversteer, i.e. has lost its balance), so you know you have gone the wrong way.
Other times it is difficult to judge if a change had improved matters or not - here it helps to look at the timing board.

Try and give yourself a couple of tanks, though unless the car really isn't handling well.

In essence, it is a question of experience and skill. For me, for example, I couldn't tell for a long time what the heck the car was doing, i.e. if it was understeering or not. At that time, I decided to just stick to the standard setup and simply keep blasting around the track. Slowly but surely, I started to see how I could recognise if my car was understeering and I would try things out to reduce it.
Some people can see these things straight away, others take a while to recognise it.
Old 10-15-2004, 01:20 PM
Tech Elite

Default Re: Re: Re: what do you do?

I think most of us are "lifers" with Serpent, too! I like the way they do things and the access to information for the team drivers, etc.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.