Search

Serpent 710

Search this Thread

Old 09-27-2004, 11:12 PM
Tech Prophet

Default JP FX Aficionados !

For those JP engine diehards , here is a link I manage to come across;

http://www.jpracing.com/ang/catalogu...ages_carbu.php

This is a carb factory setting which a lot of people will ask. I believe it's the same with the 3 port and 5 port JP FX engine. I'll check if they work the same on the Novarossi NS carb.
Old 09-27-2004, 11:14 PM
Tech Prophet

Default Re: run 710 yesterday

Originally posted by Car Breaker
the new servo saver is a must upgrade to have good cornering
recommand to everyone
Thanks for the update Car Breaker. Will try to get that ASAP.
Old 09-27-2004, 11:16 PM
Tech Elite

Default Re: JP FX Aficionados !

Originally posted by InitialD
For those JP engine diehards , here is a link I manage to come across;

http://www.jpracing.com/ang/catalogu...ages_carbu.php

This is a carb factory setting which a lot of people will ask. I believe it's the same with the 3 port and 5 port JP FX engine. I'll check if they work the same on the Novarossi NS carb.
D, why did you post this before I had the chance that Sow hadn't setup his engine correctly A link for the FAQ, I think!
Old 09-27-2004, 11:19 PM
Tech Prophet

Default Re: Re: JP FX Aficionados !

Originally posted by markp27
D, why did you post this before I had the chance that Sow hadn't setup his engine correctly A link for the FAQ, I think!
It was meant on purpose !

Ah, since both you guys are old, I thought making it an even playing field just to see who comes out tops.
Old 09-28-2004, 02:41 AM
Tech Regular

Talking

Originally posted by sn4il
Just go to BrucknerHobbies and ask for Dan. He is great guy and he knows what he is doing.

If i'll get all the parts at bruckner for my serpent ill be at orchard beach this saturday.

Max
Yeah Dan is a great guy and he knows serpent cars and will help you out.
Old 09-28-2004, 02:51 AM
Tech Regular

Talking Re: Re: Re: JP FX Aficionados !

It was meant on purpose !

Ah, since both you guys are old, I thought making it an even playing field just to see who comes out tops.
Hey InitialD just a thought I was wondering if they are going to be racing from their wheel chairs ?
Old 09-28-2004, 02:55 AM
Tech Elite

Default Re: Re: Re: Re: JP FX Aficionados !

Originally posted by rwisejr
Hey InitialD just a thought I was wondering if they are going to be racing from their wheel chairs ?
My wheelchair is powered by an old lawnmower engine, so isn't allowed anywhere near the circuit - I prefer a Zimmerframe, myself, but Sow needs his oxygen tent
Old 09-28-2004, 02:58 AM
Tech Prophet

ROTF
Old 09-28-2004, 03:00 AM
Tech Addict

Default Tires

Hello everybody

Iam testing different tyres at the moment and i have found that the best tyre for my track is 40 shore all round. However after running the car and the tyres are about halfway worn i find that i loose all rear traction going round right hand corners! but left hand corners is fine. So i swappped the front tyres around and found that my car would not go in a straight line it would go off to the right pretty sharp, so i swapped them around again and it would go straight! I have checked all the setting to be equal all round the car. The only thing a can think off is that at the end of our straight is a long right hand sweeper (which is fast) and iam wearing one tyre more than the other. Is this the reason why i find on some set-ups people put more camber on one side than the other? and is this what i shoud do for better consistancy as i get halfway down with my tyres and then chuck them as i cannot seem to use them anymore
Old 09-28-2004, 03:14 AM
Tech Prophet

Default Re: Tires

Originally posted by Brett.w
Is this the reason why i find on some set-ups people put more camber on one side than the other? and is this what i shoud do for better consistancy as i get halfway down with my tyres and then chuck them as i cannot seem to use them anymore
Yes, for your case with clockwise tracks and more righ hand corners, left tires (especially rear) will need to have more camber in the left tire than the right. Mine is set -4 on the rear left and -3 on the rear right. My front cambers are equal -2 each. Julius mentioned that your rear tires should cone a little. Smaller on the inside and bigger diameter on the outside of the tire. Not too extreme. A little will do. If your tires are wearing the other way around (i.e. bigger diameter on the inside than the outside of the tire), then you're not having enough negative camber.

If you got the cambers correct, what I do if I find the tires wearing more on left side than right is to rotate the rear tires from left to right and vice versa after every tank. Keeping another set of rear tires is also handy as I take it your rear tires wear faster than your front tires... ??

If you're racing in a long main, try 42 shore on the side that wears a lot to compensate for tire wear. In this case, that would be the left rear tire. I think I saw one of Michael Salven's latest 710 setups that he even used BIGGER tires on the side where higher wear rate happens on top of using a higher tire shore ! Try it out and see what happens...
Old 09-28-2004, 03:24 AM
Tech Regular

Default Tire wear

Hi,

I wouldn't change the settings of the car.
The wear on one side of the car can be more, and this is pretty normal when you take a look at the track.

On real size cars like in Formula one you see the same happen.
(Last race you could see clearly that the left front tire of R Schumacher was more worn then any other tire on the car!)

As I said I wouldn't change the setup if the car goes well with it.
For a raceweekend I would make sure that you have some extra tires with you.

As D said you could also go for 42shore in the rear. The S710 carry's around enough grip to try this.

Firt make out if the wearing is a real problem to you, and then deside wath to do.
If you can race your 45 min A main with it I wouldn't make a big deal out of it.

Thomas
Old 09-28-2004, 03:25 AM
Tech Addict

Default Re: Re: Tires

Yes, for your case with clockwise tracks and more righ hand corners, left tires (especially rear) will need to have more camber in the left tire than the right. Mine is set -4 on the rear left and -3 on the rear right. My front cambers are equal -2 each. Julius mentioned that your rear tires should cone a little. Smaller on the inside and bigger diameter on the outside of the tire. Not too extreme. A little will do. If your tires are wearing the other way around (i.e. bigger diameter on the inside than the outside of the tire), then you're not having enough negative camber.

If you got the cambers correct, what I do if I find the tires wearing more on left side than right is to rotate the rear tires from left to right and vice versa after every tank. Keeping another set of rear tires is also handy as I take it your rear tires wear faster than your front tires... ??

If you're racing in a long main, try 42 shore on the side that wears a lot to compensate for tire wear. In this case, that would be the left rear tire. I think I saw one of Michael Salven's latest 710 setups that he even used BIGGER tires on the side where higher wear rate happens on top of using a higher tire shore ! Try it out and see what happens...
Ok, but wouldnt i change the fronts, as when i rotated the fronts last time the car pulled to the right dosent this mean i should add more camber to the front tyres not the back?
Old 09-28-2004, 03:27 AM
Tech Prophet

Default Re: Re: Tires

Ah ! Here it is...

http://www.mytsn.com/setups/setup.asp?sid=2712
Old 09-28-2004, 03:31 AM
Tech Prophet

Default Re: Re: Re: Tires

Originally posted by Brett.w
Ok, but wouldnt i change the fronts, as when i rotated the fronts last time the car pulled to the right dosent this mean i should add more camber to the front tyres not the back?
Are you saying that for your front tires, the left is wearing more than the right side? Strange. I thought it only happens more often in the rear. Could you measure their diameters? It will only happen like what you've described if the left to right tires are different by say 5 mm or more.

Anyway, could you post a pic of the front tire wear side by side with the left and right tires together? Are they wearing in a flat profile?
Old 09-28-2004, 03:33 AM
Tech Regular

Talking Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: JP FX Aficionados !

Originally posted by markp27
My wheelchair is powered by an old lawnmower engine, so isn't allowed anywhere near the circuit - I prefer a Zimmerframe, myself, but Sow needs his oxygen tent
ROTFLMAO !!!!!!!!!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.