Serpent 710

Old 09-21-2004, 06:09 PM
Tech Regular

Talking

Originally posted by sn4il
Hehe. I live 4 blocks away from Bruckner Hobbies. Where do You guys drive Your cars?

I was told that Im not allowed to drive over Whitestone because of that accident I was planning to go to Orchard Beach this weekend.
Max
I live out east in long Island . But I usually race out in Brooklyn at Floyd Bennett. But I just recently found out where to race closer by me. But I haven't run alot this summer . Due to family stuff and a car accident that messed up my wrist ( controller hand).
Old 09-21-2004, 06:12 PM
Tech Regular

anyone every go up to middletown ny to race?
Old 09-21-2004, 06:17 PM
Tech Regular

Originally posted by packetdreamer
anyone every go up to middletown ny to race?
No but how far up is it. I would like to go to check out and run on different tracks. How large is it.
Old 09-21-2004, 06:21 PM
Tech Prophet

Originally posted by Bxclip
does this look correct or is the brake theign surpsoe to be at a 90 degree angle?
Yeah looks fine. As long as the brakes does not engage (unless you intentionally did it to get drag brakes) and the throttle servo is not strained, it should be ok.
Old 09-21-2004, 06:22 PM
Tech Prophet

what is the replacement rate of the yellow clutch... it feels pretty soft (as clutch shoes go).
Yellow clutch shoes soft? Their material is harder than the stock black one.

I have actually not replaced the clutch shoes yet since I got the car this year. Black or yellow. But I have heard of people melting them. That is because the clutch is not set correct enough which then causes the clutch and engine to overheat.
Old 09-21-2004, 06:23 PM
Tech Prophet

Originally posted by Sow&Steady
It seems they last a good 2 full races (3-4 heats and mains), so it they're truly low-friction, I'm willing to try just to beat Mark.
Getting desperate?

I think Mark is preparing some special stickers at the rear end of his bodyshell which should read "Eat my (tire) dust" or "Catch me if you can".
Old 09-21-2004, 06:24 PM
Tech Regular

Originally posted by InitialD
Yeah looks fine. As long as the brakes does not engage (unless you intentionally did it to get drag brakes) and the throttle servo is not strained, it should be ok.
strange because at that angle (depicted) my brakes ARE engaged. hm... at about 7 o'clock my lever is at its spring loaded position. at 6 o'clock it is engaged. and at about 5:45 it's pretty well locked up. back to the drawing board?
Old 09-21-2004, 06:25 PM
Tech Prophet

Default Re: hey SOW & STEADY

Originally posted by impalabob64
Bobby here i only drive serpent know,it is the car for me, raced at our lhs fastest lap with 710 14.9 an won the A main 53 laps 15.09 SERPENT 4EVER.
Old 09-21-2004, 06:26 PM
Tech Prophet

Default Re: Re: Monoblock

Originally posted by 840918001
For single races like the upcoming worlds it will not be "nesecarry" , because the team drivers all have some completely new chassis with them. If Micheal Salven thinks the chassis isn't good anymore, then he will just take a new one.
New chassis?

Originally posted by 840918001
From wath the dutch teamdrivers told me about the part, is that it will make your chassis more durable and protected against bendeing, as well as the carter of your engine.
The backdraft is that it will aid some extra weight to your car, but that is for most drivers no problem.
Agreed. I found that on hard frontal impact, the chassis bends at the engine area as well as the part where the receiver pack sits. I think the aluminum X bar support and the monoblock would be better to resist bending at this area.

Anyway, talking about the worlds in Brazil, I believe from Team Serpent Holland, only Michael is going?
Old 09-21-2004, 06:28 PM
Tech Regular

Yellow clutch shoes soft? Their material is harder than the stock black one.

I have actually not replaced the clutch shoes yet since I got the car this year. Black or yellow. But I have heard of people melting them. That is because the clutch is not set correct enough which then causes the clutch and engine to overheat.

i have yet to take the black on out since the original install... just that the yellow felt a little softer than what i was expecting i guess. thanks D.

is the melt down generally caused to the nut setting being too loose or too tight in the clutch?
Old 09-21-2004, 07:24 PM
Tech Elite

Default Re: hey SOW & STEADY

Originally posted by impalabob64
Bobby here i only drive serpent know,it is the car for me, raced at our lhs fastest lap with 710 14.9 an won the A main 53 laps 15.09 SERPENT 4EVER.
Ah! Great, way to go and well done with the win!

Serpent 4ever!
Old 09-21-2004, 07:26 PM
Tech Elite

Getting desperate?

I think Mark is preparing some special stickers at the rear end of his bodyshell which should read "Eat my (tire) dust" or "Catch me if you can".
Definitely getting desperate, he's going to be at the track before me!
Old 09-21-2004, 07:28 PM
Tech Elite

i have yet to take the black on out since the original install... just that the yellow felt a little softer than what i was expecting i guess. thanks D.

is the melt down generally caused to the nut setting being too loose or too tight in the clutch?
I can definitely feel that the yellow shoe is softer than the black one. Maybe my black shoe is old stock and the yellow ones are "fresh".

Anyway, next experiment ... JP RED shoes.
Old 09-21-2004, 07:39 PM
Tech Addict

Default New 2.5/3mm rear bar

Wow, this thread moves fast!

I noted somewhere Sow and some of you commented on the new thicker bar. Appreciate if some of you can lead me to more info on how it works in advance to my testing this weekend. I'm trying to get more on power steering with these since the rear is so stable. An anticipating that my JPS5 will be weaker than my Max15, the thicker rear bar may help alot to throw the tail. Thanks.
Old 09-21-2004, 07:50 PM
Tech Elite

Default Re: New 2.5/3mm rear bar

Originally posted by TitaniumR
Wow, this thread moves fast!

I noted somewhere Sow and some of you commented on the new thicker bar. Appreciate if some of you can lead me to more info on how it works in advance to my testing this weekend. I'm trying to get more on power steering with these since the rear is so stable. An anticipating that my JPS5 will be weaker than my Max15, the thicker rear bar may help alot to throw the tail. Thanks.
I recieved my stuff the night before I had to leave town. The new pair of roll bars have arrived but I won't be able to test them.

I can tell you that there has been some feedback on the thicker roll rear roll-bar. Apparently at the recent sedan nats in Toledo, the Serpent drivers actually used these harder rear roll bar to REDUCE steering and hence cured their traction roll problems.

They feel that with their particular set-up and the high grip track, they needed to prevent the rear part of the chassis from rolling in order to reduce front grip. Strange but that is what I heard.

As for you test. If you're looking for on-power steering, the first thing to try is to increase caster.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.