Serpent 710

Old 09-20-2004, 02:07 PM
Tech Regular

Default Re: Re: whats on the way

Originally posted by Sow&Steady
LOL! I just got some small bits and I need to do the same too.

Wait till you order those ceramic bearings ... the frown will turn into a boot that land you in the couch for the night!
maybe it will cause less ripples if i one ball every week until i have them all... hmmmm.

(let it be declared that my wife is the coolest of all women, and though she isn't 100% joyful over that wanton spending, she does understand and sympathize with my addiction... i am a being to be pitied. so in case she's reading " I LOVE YOU, DANA!")
Old 09-20-2004, 02:07 PM
Tech Elite

Default Re: Engine mounts

Originally posted by markp27
The new one piece Serpent engine mount is the same height as the old one @ 14.5mm. It weighs 17 Grams compared to 11 Grams of the old mounts (both together).

Hope this helps, Mark.
And the EAST version is 14mm.

Don't have a digital weighing scale but hey ... its lower CG.
Attached Thumbnails Serpent 710-engmnteast.jpg  
Old 09-20-2004, 02:09 PM
Tech Elite

Default Re: Re: Re: whats on the way

Originally posted by packetdreamer
maybe it will cause less ripples if i one ball every week until i have them all... hmmmm.

(let it be declared that my wife is the coolest of all women, and though she isn't 100% joyful over that wanton spending, she does understand and sympathize with my addiction... i am a being to be pitied. so in case she's reading " I LOVE YOU, DANA!")
Actually mine is the same ... pretty understanding considering the mess I make in the house, not to mention the number of cars I have.
Old 09-20-2004, 02:12 PM
Suspended

Default Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: whats on the way

word. the ordered pairs will be here wednesday, but they are the same ones that are in the links in my signature under Body

http://www.serpentracers.com/rc/josh.../serp710.4.jpg
http://www.serpentracers.com/rc/josh...s710-bmw_a.jpg

bon apetite
SWEET!!DO YOU THINK THAT THE NEW OPTIONS PACK IS A GOOD VALUE?CHOCO
Old 09-20-2004, 02:13 PM
Tech Regular

Default Re: Re: Re: Re: whats on the way

Actually mine is the same ... pretty understanding considering the mess I make in the house, not to mention the number of cars I have.
we should make a holiday for all our understanding mates. and on the holiday what we can do is pack up all the rc stuff and take our spouses to the track so they can stand around for hours and watch us race and work on cars!!!!! BRILLIANT!!! now that's romantic!
Old 09-20-2004, 02:15 PM
Tech Elite

Default Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: whats on the way

we should make a holiday for all our understanding mates. and on the holiday what we can do is pack up all the rc stuff and take our spouses to the track so they can stand around for hours and watch us race and work on cars!!!!! BRILLIANT!!! now that's romantic!

Errrrmmm ... there's this expression: "Pushing the limit!"
Old 09-20-2004, 02:16 PM
Tech Regular

Default Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: whats on the way

Originally posted by SERPENTFREAK69
SWEET!!DO YOU THINK THAT THE NEW OPTIONS PACK IS A GOOD VALUE?CHOCO
personally i don't think so. i don't need setup wheels, or a cf tank mount, i already have the shaft lock, i don't feel i need an aluminum middle shaft brakcet just yet... the rest may be more useful so i would probably buy them seperately.
Old 09-20-2004, 02:18 PM
Tech Regular

Default Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: whats on the way

Errrrmmm ... there's this expression: "Pushing the limit!"
just an idea ... maybe not a good one (especially right after ordering).
Old 09-20-2004, 02:20 PM
Tech Regular

are their any active online chat rooms. most are usually dead.
Old 09-20-2004, 02:28 PM
Suspended

Default Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: whats on the way

personally i don't think so. i don't need setup wheels, or a cf tank mount, i already have the shaft lock, i don't feel i need an aluminum middle shaft brakcet just yet... the rest may be more useful so i would probably buy them seperately.
i see..cause bruckner has the value pack for 90.00
Old 09-20-2004, 02:51 PM
Tech Regular

Default Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: whats on the way

Originally posted by SERPENTFREAK69
i see..cause bruckner has the value pack for 90.00
too rich for me... but not a terrible deal at all if you want all the stuff that comes with it.
Old 09-20-2004, 06:03 PM
Tech Regular

Got it, thanks.

- change all the steering ball joints to proper 5.8 mm ones,
What are the proper ones? I race this weekend and I had to change my ball joints because they kept on popping off. I opened a brand new pack of ball joints and kept on having the same problem. I let used some older ones from my impulse days and they were alot tighter. They also looked slightly different.

Anyways, so what are the proper ones.

Thanks.
Old 09-20-2004, 06:04 PM
Tech Rookie

Default Nice BMW M3

PacketDreamer , great looking HPI BMW M3 body.
How well does the HPI body fit with the rear wheels around the wheel arches on your 710 ?? Do they line up neatly ??
My HPI LAMBO body seems to have the rear wheels sitting 1/3 under the back rear wheel arches -not looking pretty !! ( seems to be made for a shorter wheelbased car maybe like the HPI R40

What Gives ???
Old 09-20-2004, 06:42 PM
Tech Addict

Default Re: Re: Engine mounts

And the EAST version is 14mm.

Don't have a digital weighing scale but hey ... its lower CG.
Hi Mark/Sow/D,
Thanks. The car drives great. Quite amazing! I'll prob leave my engine mount as is since it's not a problem. Itching to try its second run this weekend and playing with newer settings. Think if I use my JP S5, it may handle even better.

Shorter wheel base is a good idea! Let me start to try playing with the DRS, Roll centres front/rear...
Old 09-20-2004, 07:28 PM
Tech Regular

Default Re: Nice BMW M3

Originally posted by Sparky66
PacketDreamer , great looking HPI BMW M3 body.
How well does the HPI body fit with the rear wheels around the wheel arches on your 710 ?? Do they line up neatly ??
My HPI LAMBO body seems to have the rear wheels sitting 1/3 under the back rear wheel arches -not looking pretty !! ( seems to be made for a shorter wheelbased car maybe like the HPI R40

What Gives ???
THANKS!

to me, hpi makes some of the best looking touring bodies (not looking at aero dynams and such). but you have discovered the painful truth, these things dont mount very happily on 710s. here is my simple formula for mounting them...

1. measure your wheelbase (about 259mm on the 710)

2. measure the distance between the center of the wheelwells (256mm on the body).

3. do the math - there's a 3mm difference, so you need to mark 1.5mm from the center of the front wheelwell towards the back of the car and mark 1.5mm from the center fo the rear wheelwell towards the front of the car. these marks are what i actually use as my wheelwell centers.

4. from there i set my circle cutter to wheel_radius+2mm and position the center point of the circle cutter so that it is on my mark. BUT!!!! if the blade is not touching the upper line of the wheelwell, i move the circle cutter up so that blade DOES touch the upper line of the wheel well - this means that the center point of the circle cutter may be slightly straight above the mark i made on the wheel wells.

5. then i cut it out.

using this "method" with hpi bodies has produced good results for me. it may not fit PERFECTLY, but after all is painted and done, it still looks very good to me.

the BMW fits better than the Vauxhall (shorter wheelbase on the Vauxhall). so far i have had several Vauxhalls and only one BMW.

godspeed.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.