Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road
University project.. Spring sprinter...Rc guys for you.. >

University project.. Spring sprinter...Rc guys for you..

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

University project.. Spring sprinter...Rc guys for you..

Search this Thread

Old 01-26-2009, 10:52 AM
Tech Regular

Default University project.. Spring sprinter...Rc guys for you..

Hello to everyone out there...

I am a mechanical eng. student from the UK and we have been assigned to do a design project..

Almost all my life was deticated in the remote control cars airplanes and helicopters..

Since i was 11 years old i use the forums to help me out with any problems i faced with my vehicles and different other problems..

this time i have a big project to hand in a few weeks time and because i know here there are some open and technical minded people i will ask for your advise and thoughts...

We have been asked to make something to move with a spring fast enough on the floor and be able to go 2m and to have enough power and speed to climp up a hill of 3 degrees for 1m..it must cost about 30 sterling and it must be manufactered in 6 hours time..it must firts be done on autocad and we must calculate all forces and loads...obviously thats my job..

My thought which i think will work, is that i will make something like a pan car with a recoil starter as the spring which will take the place of the motor and i wont make it with suspencion and all that i will just find a was to make a simple front end and a very thin chassis..BUt the mechanisms will be something like a recoil starter giving the driving force to the wheels axle...

What do you rc guys think?
Old 01-26-2009, 11:40 AM
Tech Lord

Rubber band motor connected to the driveshaft of a M18(T) through a oneway bearing. Make a brakesystem on the rubber band motor so you can control speed.
Old 01-26-2009, 03:45 PM
Tech Regular

Let me ask if a rubber band is allowed..if it is not a wind up spring could do..