Wiki Posts
Search

Pinching sleeves

Search this Thread

Old 11-05-2003, 08:08 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally posted by TexRacer
Pit they do run.Barry has even been known to recommend this to other people when the piston and sleeve are worn and clean.
TopGun doesnt have the best english guys he's not from here but he does know his stuff.
He just doesnt have the experienced with the high end guys pinching a sleeve and having the same performance.
He is working with some VERY high end materials that will make things faster,more fuel effic and lighter with the cost close to what a new STOCK piston and sleeve would cost.
He has a market and I really hope he does well but for the average racer pinching works great for cost benefits.
PitRacer and some others are in the top of their area and want the best of the best and this my friends cost money.
So it's all about prefrence.
Thanks a lot for understanding,. This is exactly I was meaning by my posts.
My personal preferences are little bit different. I realy work on some state of the art high end materials to bring higher power at reasonble price. I got already some good results from testing and will have more soon. From power wise I totaly satisfy ( not only me, also some racers who use them already and saw it on track). Right now I checking the life of sets. It is expecting to be around 5-6 gallons avarage, with no changing any parts even after brek in. actualy brack in period is only one tank on the bench and one tank on the track. I have alreadi run in 4 engines and I use 2 minuts on bench and 3 laps on the track, after that simply tune to racing tunning.
It is not possible to have top end high power generated by newest materials and newest technology with no cost, but it is possible to have it at lower price then what is availble today on market. ( just check the prices for Piston/sleeve/conrod assembly for existing engines).
So, please don't get me wrong, I try to bring something new for hobby.
Old 11-05-2003, 12:02 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

New ideas and parts are what this hole hobby is all about. It will be good to see new stuff! And thanks for the compliment Texracer.
Old 11-05-2003, 04:58 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)
Default Re: Re: Resizing

Roger,
Thanks for the kind words, But, you need to start abbreviating with HD from now on. "Harvley Davidson."...Your killing me....Bustin my onions?...LOL . Let us know how the batch shipped last month worked for you and your guys? I put a little extra time in job with hopes out of appreciation you'ed send me a geisha girl with next package. Kiddin Brother!
RayA

Originally posted by prawntoe
I use Ray (pre1960) pinching service all the time, to me . . this guy's the best . . if I had a harvley, I'd send my v-twin to him for pinching too :-) LOL

Ray's email is : [email protected]

He can tell you more. His pair of hands SQUEEZE anything better :-) LOL

Roger
Old 11-10-2003, 04:58 PM
Tech Addict

Originally posted by Pit-racer
Any of you pinched sleeve guys going to the regionals in SA? I'd like to see these engines run. Region 9 regionals
yea Pit me you saw me blow by you down the strait with my mod MR12.
Old 11-10-2003, 05:15 PM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by TexasRacer
What about Surge's MR12? Did you blow him down too?
Old 11-10-2003, 05:20 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (75%+)
Smile

Surge had a FAST motor, period.
Old 11-10-2003, 05:29 PM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by PUNISHER
Surge had a FAST motor, period.
It was "Palmaris Racing" P/S/conrod set out of BRBAL
Old 11-10-2003, 05:57 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

The Palmaris Racing MR12 is an awesome engine. Thanks to TopGun777 for the opportunity to race it.
Old 11-10-2003, 07:20 PM
Tech Addict

Yea I cant lie about that Todds motors always are fast.
Old 11-11-2003, 07:20 AM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by TexasRacer
This coming from a kid.You weren't even in any of my qualifiers and where were you in the main?
Old 11-11-2003, 07:25 AM
Tech Elite

TP 777 your work on the engines produced great results.Surge's 777 engine seems to keep up with all the big names out there.Looking forward to your products.I had my turn of bad luck this weekend but not from the engines.
Old 11-11-2003, 08:19 AM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by Pit-racer
TP 777 your work on the engines produced great results.Surge's 777 engine seems to keep up with all the big names out there.Looking forward to your products.I had my turn of bad luck this weekend but not from the engines.
Thanks a lot for your good words. We will be there very soon!
Old 11-12-2003, 07:42 PM
Tech Rookie

Hello All...

I'm not new to RC, just new to this forum. What a touchy subject this is... Thought that I would take this opportunity to add a little more intrigue to this mystery.
Just for your information, "OsRocket" does not mechanically resize cylinders. He uses cryogenics. Although this technique works, it is almost impossible to control. (submerging the material in a -0 degree liquid) He also claims to have a "very accurate cnc thermal controlled machine" I'm still waiting to see this.
Resizing a cylinder has benefits, the procedure is what is critical.
Old 11-16-2003, 01:08 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

I'm very interested in getting the piston squeezed in my Pixi. Who should I contact about getting this done? I need a name, email and phone number. I think it's about time to get this done since I've put over 3 gallons threw this little engine and I rather spend $20 on getting it squeezed than spending $100 on a new piston/sleeve and having to re-break it in. I've heard that you actutally get more power after it's been squeezed then it was brand new. Is this true?
Old 11-16-2003, 05:52 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

http://www.buffalo.edu/~jfroth/pinch

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.