R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Old 01-16-2009, 07:44 AM   #1
Tech Adept
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default Inferno GT and GT2....

Hello everyone....I'm looking to pick up a 1/8th scale on road. The Kyosho Inferno looks to be the one I'm going to go with. Can anyone point out what the diff is between the GT model and the GT2? Also what are the benifits of the differences? Thanks for your help....Mike
motomike122 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2009, 08:02 AM   #2
Tech Champion
Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)
Send a message via ICQ to Solara Send a message via AIM to Solara

You can ask that question here...but you can simple read that thread and your question was asked by others and answered at least 10 times or more.

To make it short, IGT is old design car, shorter in lenght, IGT2 is newer design car (but very much similar to IGT) but longer in lenght. IGT2 use better looking bodies...more $$$, updated engine....etc.
SPEED PASSION - King Golden, Speed Passion USA, Speed Power, Hirosaka Pro Products, East Coast Bodies, Schumacher Racing, Hurricane Motorsports, Serpent America, Sweep Racing USA. http://www.spautomobile.com/en/index.asp (SPEED PASSION AUTOMOTIVE)
NEW Speed Power/Speed Passion direct sale site - http://shop.speedpowerrc.com/
Solara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2009, 12:54 PM   #3
Tech Elite

Here are a few tips Winner circle gave me on my new IGT2.

I suggest that you do the following;
1) have gear mesh to be as deep as you can get it.
2) set the transmission so that it shifts very early
3) set your car so that you have DRAG brakes. Drag brakes are brakes that come on when the trigger is in the neutral position.
4) adjust your push brakes so that they don't come on so hard that it upsets the car

My car is set up so that I hit the brakes one time at the end of the straight for just a moment and then the drag brakes come on and this helps hold the car on a tight line around our exit sweeper. I have the linkage set for the throttle so that I have a DEAD band. What happens is as the car is decelerating due to drag brakes it wants to turn in more going through the exit sweeper. What I do is gently pull the trigger slightly to remove the drag brakes so that the car is just rolling and the engine is not accelerating. As I come through the sweeper I will slowly squeeze the trigger based on where the car is and accelerate off to the next corner. DRAG brakes are worth 1 second or more per lap in lap time.
Tamiya 416X/ Tamiya TA-05 IFS/ Losi XXX-SCT/ HPI Baja 5SC/ Tamiya M05/ Tamiya F103/ Tamiya F104/ Team Associated 10R5O/ Kyosho IGT2/
Foxxrocket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2009, 01:01 PM   #4
Tech Apprentice

the igt2 is longer i run the igt i raced on a 1/10 scale sedan track all last year like foxxrocket said tight gear mesh early 2nd gear shift i also run lots of droop to get a lot of weight transfer
nib is offline   Reply With Quote